***ALL READ*** Players Leaving Rule Vote & Playbook Rule

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Papa Perry, Nov 29, 2010.

?

Which rules do we use this offseason?

1. Stay the Same

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. Sway Everyone

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  3. Sway No One (Including Transfers)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Playbooks

Sorry I haven't mentioned this sooner but your playbooks are NOT set in stone until your 2nd user game. If any of you have already played your 2nd user game you have until the next one.

Players Leaving Rules

The rules above are our current rules. I want everyone to vote on whether or not we keep them or allow everyone to be swayed back. The main argument for this is that their are not enough new offseason recruits to make up for what you may or may not lose. Another thought is to not allow any one to be swayed. This would be an interesting change and would cause a lot more talent turnover and cause users to have to recruit smart and it would hopefully prevent a lot of stat padding that may happen.

I'm not voting unless we need a tiebreaker.

2. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I say sway everyone. These guys are not locks to come back at all regardless. I've had alot of guys refuse to come back even with me using max time.

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Where is the playbooks thread? I didn't start it because I may have missed it...

4. Papa Perry

We don't have one. Post a thread with your playbooks in the scouting reports sub-forum.

5. Papa Perry

Also, we're still waiting on votes. I'm closing the poll thursday and if there is a tie I'll vote and that will be what we do.

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I went with sway all back. Most recruits are gone by off season so it can create difficulty for teams to replace certain positions. Also we are all high level teams ( :5stars: or above except Dru) so the talent level on most teams is close to equal.

7. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

That's ok, you and Perry will be 4 star programs by the time I'm done with you....

8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Wasn't really picking on your team but bring it. You better beat me this year while my team is struggling, I don't lose much talent after the season. :p

9. Papa Perry

Ladies, from my memory, I believe the SEC is still my conference. While Dru has a strong team to knock me off my pedestal, I'm confident enough to say it will continue to be mine for at least 2 more seasons.

10. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Enjoy it while it lasts, Mr. "I have the most overrated team in this years game". Come next year, Bama will be back to being a B+ roster, as their results this year indicate. Then you can go back to not winning the SEC every year like NCAA 2010.:cool:

11. BDSDIGITAL

I love all this SEC on SEC crime...

12. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I say stick with what we have. We do want the CPU to be somewhat competitive, don't we? From the looks of the scores, the AA default sliders aren't providing much of a challenge so I don't think we need to make any changes that allow us to keep even more 90+ guys on our rosters.

13. Papa Perry

I agree with the fact that we want the computer to be competitive. The AA default sliders may have not shown a challenge yet but they will. In Good Ole Boys, we've had I believe around 4 losses to the CPU on AA default (S1 Arkansas over User Alabama and S2 Penn State over User LSU are 2 of the most notable). There has also been a lot of close games. There may not be a lot of CPU losses but I guarantee there will be some.

Also, on a side note, Sway Everyone now has 6 votes which is the winning number so everyone will be eligible to be swayed back.

14. BDSDIGITAL

I agree with the take on the cpu being competitive but I think recruiting restrictions are going to have more to do with that than swaying players. I think the recruiting is the biggest thing.

And I was on the wrong end of the PSU v. LSU deal and had to come from behind to win the game before that vs. UNC. Most of us have only played 1 cpu game here so far so it's tough saying. I haven't played one on AA default yet in this league btw, because week 1 was the hybrid saturday hero sliders.