All Read & Sign With Input

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Papa Perry, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

All Read & Sign With Input

Ok Guys. After this season is over we're gonna have to do something to fix a few things. I'm currently looking into our situation with an open mind on our user base in this dynasty. We have also been requested to make sure everyone is active in everything (Summaries, scheduling games, updating recruits, etc.). We did start the season off slow and I apologize for that as the Commish that is my responsibility. But we are soon to get back on track.

Now here is the problem:

Since I have taken over and had to boot guys we have had a problem bringing in active guys. However, Skates in 2 game weeks has done better then some guys that were here longer so we do have a winner there (Skates, don't make me out to be a lier lol jk). But I'm getting a vibe that some of the guys that wasn't active just had no intention to be active and then some were bummed out because of where we are in the dynasty and the team selection. I have 3 ideas and I am open to more:

1) Realign the OD conferences. First of all, everyone should know Huronia has informed me he is dropping this OD due to how covered up he is with school and he only has time for 1 OD, which is one he was in when it was newly started so I don't blame him there.

This makes 1 Pac-10 team since I moved to give the Big Ten their 3rd team. Idk how attached Gwill is to Oregon State but if he would be willing to, we could exile the Pac 10 and make it a 3 conference OD with 4 in the each and Gwill can have his pick of what available team he would like.

2) Leave it like it is and keep trying the revolving door of new users until we find what fits or even reach out to some of the TF vets.

3) Start discussion of restarting the league with the most up-to-date rosters(I have noticed that this has revived a lot of OD's and we could bring in new guys easily with this route.)

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I would not be opposed to restarting the league if we could get a consistent group together. I'm not attached to any of my current recruits and I do think rebooting the dynasty may help us attract some talented players. With that said I'd love to stick with Ohio State if we do reboot. This is the only league where I use a team I like (IRL I HATE Florida and have no love for UNC). I think if we are restarting we should realign conferences so there are a few more attractive options in the other conferences. ND to Big 10 is a no brainer and Boise State should be bumped to one of the western conferences.

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I will stay if we keep the current but will leave if we start over to open up another spot for a new member.

Plus, I am brainstorming ideas for C2C, brave and Papa know how much I love C2C and I have thought about cutting back on some ODs because I wanna pump more into C2C. Since I am newer count my vote as a grain of salt

4. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I am completely opposed to option #2. It's getting to the point that I don't recognize half the people. It's just my opinion on the revolving door, but at this point in the cycle we are at the bottom of the stack for a lot of gamers. Trying to find a good solid player who isn't attached to several dyasties already, or signs up on a whim is going to be hard.

From a purely selfish standpoint I hate LSU. I would move at the first opportunity. I like some of the recruits I have but not so much that I couldn't walk away. From a dynasty stand point I think we need to do something that could liven up everybody's desire again. It's not hard to do. I am in another dynasty, we are in season 2 and everyone is active and we are advancing sometimes 3 times a week. We went through a comissioner change silmilar to over here, and it never really missed a beat.

That's not an indictment on you Papa, I think you have done a great job as commisioner. And I would like you to be again whatever direction the dynasty goes. I just feel it says a lot about the league itself and the player's interest. We have had 2 openings up in the New Member Lounge for a week and have only been able to fill one. A lot of leagues have filled openings and we are still looking. I think a lot of that comes from the fact that we are slow advancing, and when people come to look and see we aren't moving very fast they lose interest.

Waking everyone up again could be something as little as realigning the users a little, or it could be something more drastic like completely restarting. Either way it's something that needs to be done. And either way I don't want LSU.

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

I disagree with restarting. Those of us who have been here a couple seasons have watched our teams grow and I just do not want to do it all over again. I will leave to allow someone fresh in if we restart.

With my two stars out I was already considering whether or not I stay.

This is one of my favorite leagues to play and in no way would me leaving be because of the way this league is ran or anyone here. I respect you all, very good group of sim players. But I'm just not into the restart thing.

6. Papa Perry

Lol if I knew you wanted out of LSU I wouldve gave you an opportunity elsewhere when they come up

7. Papa Perry

We've had another 2 retirements, Wader49 is leaving Nebraska due to school and Masler just retired from the OD. This leaves:

Bravejaf - Ohio State
    KnighNoles - Iowa State
    LOLOLORSKATES - Texas Tech
    dakota7 - Alabama
    hornfaninbama - LSU
    Papa Perry - Minnesota
    Gwill2588 - Oregon State

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

Sorry man, I still hate my decision to leave the Vols...but school comes first..

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Wow that really leaves us hurting for people, especially with Knight talking about leaving as well. Definitely need to do something to get some new people, preferably some guys that actually play their games like LOLOLORSKATES.

10. Papa Perry

Yea I'm gonna edit that list and I'll be booting Legend I don't think he's even post in here but once

11. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

As far as I am concerned this is the 1st OD I joined coming over here, and if I'm not mistaken I'm only original member left that started when we did in the summer.

That being said I have thought about moving to another team. If I did also switch, it probably be Notre Dame, Florida State, or a Big 12 team. But I would only consider it after the season b/c I think this is the best team I've had at Oregon St.

I really don't want to restart seeing as I've been through 3 Rivalry commish's (I feel like Joe Paterno) but I would be open to moving to another team.

12. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

My first preference would be to continue the dynasty where we are. I would also like to stay with Alabama.

I don't want to see this dynasty fail. I don't think we should get all hung up on the number of users.....if we only have 7 guys, then we only have 7 guys.

I am willing to change teams if needed, and if everyone else wants to start over I will continue as well. I'm in either way. Sucks that masler left........horn, I'm assuming you want to switch to Texas??

13. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Hey guys, been reading about the problems of this dynasty.. I would love to join..

First off, I joined TF back in october and was a part of climb the ladder but had to leave due to time restraints (kids way too active in sports at the time, plus of the other dynasty's i was involved in).. I've been an active member of all TF Futball leagues from day 1..

I've been having to cut back on the fifa leagues lately due to some family issue's (i just cant jump on at anytime, im going to be very busy with the family for the near future).. I can still get on to play games, but i just dont have set times when i can and with fifa, most people are on at night..

I have skimmed over the gameplay rules and i mostly agree with them and can live with the one's that im so/so on..

It doesnt matter to me if you guys were to start over or if i would take over an existing team..

I also enjoy interacting with everyone on forums and leaving game summaries, etc.. I need something to do at work.. lol

I look forward to seeing what all you guys think.

14. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

I am in Southern Exposure and I stay very active in that league. I was really hoping to get into this league, and I was hoping it would be active online and in the forums. I haven't posted much in this league thread because there hasn't been much to post on. I would really like to stay in this league and become an active member if I am permitted to. If we are restarting or narrowing down the leagues, I was also wondering if i could switch to Georgia. Whatever you want to do Perry, I respect your decision, I just didn't want to be booted from this league because you guys thought I was inactive. I want to become an active member. Just let me know what you want to do.

15. dakota7

This is just my opinion Legend and I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything.....but last week you posted "hope we advance soon" and then once we do you don't log into the OD for over 3 days, play your game but don't recruit........it just makes us wonder what's going on. I'm sure you can understand that. If you're committed to this OD, then I'm happy you're a part of it. That's all. We all have real lives and sometimes it interferes with the important stuff...<NCAA 10>.....we just need to hear from everyone so we know what's up.

16. Papa Perry

Dakota took the words out of my mouth. If you don't need to recruit at least set ready to advance so I know. And if you need an extra day from the 72 hour that's totally understandable but if it becomes a habit I really won't have any other choice but to find a replacement.

We're going to keep the OD where we are for right now. I'll send you the invite for Georgia legend. If anything I'll give everyone a choice to switch after the end of the season. I know Gwill would like to stay at Oregon State and Brave wants to stay at Ohio State and then dakota with Bama. I figure skates wants to stick with TT. I'm fine with Minnesota just to keep brave some user competition in the Big Ten. Here's a new thought:

Big Ten: 2 (Papa & Brave)
    Pac-10: 2 (Gwill & VACANT)
    Big 12: 2 (SKATES & VACANT or possibly hornfan)
    SEC: 2 (dakota & Legend)
    ACC/Big East/Mid-Major: 4 (ALL VACANT)

hornfan if you wanna switch to Texas at the end of the season let me know now and I'll hold them til offseason.

Thoughts?

17. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

Sorry bout the late log in guys. I really do look forward to staying active here and in southern exposure. Thanks for the confidence Perry.

18. gwill

i think that after this season, i would like to change teams. it'll probably be between ND & FSU but i'll let you know after the season.

19. Papa Perry

Ok well if that gwill changes we'll probably remove the Pac-10. I hate to do it because of the Rose Bowl but it may be for the best. BTW I'll possibly move to Michigan to give OSU that every year rivalry that I'm sure evryone wants

20. dakota7

I think if gwill goes to ND and you go to Michigan, that works great....creates three great rivalries...which is our name btw...

Bama and Georgia in the SEC.....too bad masler quit, tenn matches up with both those teams every year

Texas/TT....another good rivalry

This isn't so bad boys....we'll make it

21. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

i am definately interested in texas. hold them for me and i'll move there in the offseason.

22. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Looks like this thread seemed to help a bit, it got people talking. It also sounds like we now have a bit of direction and know where the league is heading. I'm also kind of glad we decided against restart, thinking about it there are a few recruits in my last two classes that I want to see develop. This is the only league I have been able to recruit good wide receivers and I should be loaded after this season.

23. Papa Perry

That was sort of my intentions. That's why I gave those options out there. To keep The Rivalry meaning into the OD, if someone come in to use Tennessee or Auburn both of those teams have Rivalry ties to Alabama and Georgia. And ofcourse if Gwill chooses FSU we would have to get a Miami guy in here lol. Preferably a guy like Beazus in C2C that likes to live by the Cocaine, Creatine, and Hookers method. Isn't that right brave?

24. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Ha you are correct sir. :)

25. gwill

That's cool. I'll bring back Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere. If you bring in Miami for FSU, you got to bring in Clemson, FSU's other rival.