ALL these ideas have been great, but..

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Aug 25, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

ALL these ideas have been great, but..

...owners have lost all patience with us. the offseason/capbook rule book is a running joke, owners are pissed off and all we keep doing is having to make things more complicated.

I dont know what to do other than throw my hands up. (n)

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Okay, something I'm seeing here as far as confusion:

1. Cap hits - for both trades and for cuts
    2. Position changes

Can I respectfully propose we nix the position changability for year 1?

I know that we voted on it. I know we agreed on trying a new system. But for God's sakes we have WAY too much going on right now.

Let's be simple in year 1. Let people learn the CAP BOOK right now. ALL OF US.

We'll tackle position changing and what not when we get the cap book down. For now, I say absolutely NO POSITION CHANGES unless it's injury related in game/position subs.

I know it will piss a LOT of owners off (even some in here), but guys, we HAVE to get this cap book stuff down FIRST.

I think we have ALL suffered from "OOOO, REALISM!!!!" and we're spreading ourselves WAY too thin.

And let me say I love the position change thing Sci proposed. However, let's be realistic to ourselves first: this is way too much shit for people to get in one season.

We need focus. Cap book first. Get it fixed, straight, and EVERYONE on the same page and work to make it simpler. Then position changes can get on our radar once we get cap book going.

3. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Well the position changes are a done deal. I've given Jeremy the OK to run with it and taking it back will only make matters worse. We just must fix what we have wrong and stop making things more and more complicated.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I too agree we have gotten WAY to rule intensive. I am fearing we are going to start turning owners away. This has almost became a job for me and it sucking the fun out of the game.

As far as the position change rule, I can pull the plug on that in a second. No hard feelings. I just want to do whatever we have to right this ship ASAP. We need to back off off our rules a bit and just let the guys play some games or we will lose this thing.

5. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

I agree its all ballooned out of control. I think we are loosing sight that this is a game and should be fun for everyone (including us). We have got to keep it simpler or like you guys have said I fear we may start loosing people.

6. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I agree. I am on the board and I have even gotten frustrated (not at anyone, but at myself for not understanding) and confused by alot of the new stuff. I do think owners may start shying away.

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I'll work on simplifying the new cap system. Especially the rules for it. I'll try to get it to a point where it's "digestable" for a new owner. This may take a while though. I'll need help from anyone to read it over and see how it looks. Maybe even watch me edit it online via google docs and give pointers as I go.