Almost Playoff Time

Discussion in 'The Baseline : NBA 2K14 Online Association' started by makinpropel, Mar 25, 2012.

1. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Well since it looks like league content has been down a bit even though it is almost playoff time, I thought I'd put up the standings and maybe some predictions. All potential 1st round matchups and seeds are if the playoffs ended today.Here we go...

East:

Seed Team Record Games Left Games Back Potential 1st Round Matchup Prediction
    1 [​IMG] Miami Heat 36-13 9 N/A Washington The Heat will continue to dominate the East, and will make it to the Eastern Conference Finals. We'll see from there
    2 [​IMG] Detroit Pistons 33-13 12 1.5 Orlando Pistons have shocked the world so far, could get 1st seed, but they will be ousted in 2nd round by the Knicks.
    3 [​IMG] New York Knicks 31-18 10 5 Toronto Will have trouble with Raptors, but they will get through them and the Pistons. Will face Heat in ECF, and likely will represent the East in the NBA Finals
    4 [​IMG] Boston Celtics 32-21 15 6 Chicago With the accusation of Eric Gordon, they could make a run at Heat, but they won't get past the Bulls.
    5 [​IMG] Chicago Bulls 28-17 13 6 Boston Rose gets them past the Celtics, but Heat are too tough.
    6 [​IMG] Toronto Raptors 28-19 11 7 New York DeRozen has led them here, but he can't single handidly beat the Knicks 4 times. Great season though.
    7 [​IMG] Orlando Magic 26-22 10 9.5 Detroit The teams who made a big trade in the season face each other, but Magic are too inconsistent to get by Pistons.
    8 [​IMG] Washington Wizards 28-25 5 10 Miami Team can shoot the ball, and Wall is a stud, but Heat defense shuts down their shooters and creates transition options. Heat win series.
    N/A [​IMG] Atlanta Hawks 22-24 12 12.5 Miami Have a lot of games left, but they have not played well since trade with Blazers. Won't make playoffs.
    N/A [​IMG] Indiana Pacers 22-26 10 13 Miami Going to need some losses from the Wizards, and need to almost win out. Too much to overcome.

West:

Seed Team Record Games Left Games Back Potential 1st Round Matchup Prediction
    1 [​IMG] Oklahoma City Thunder 32-12 14 N/A Utah No team is as deep and dominant in the West as these guys, and they will dominate in the playoffs. Will go to NBA Finals.
    2 [​IMG] Golden State Warriors 32-17 9 2.5 Clippers Warriors have brutal stretch coming up vs. users, so could drop, but they will make the Eastern Conference Finals.
    3 [​IMG] Minnesota T-Wolves 31-19 8 4 Lakers Very streaky team, that struggles to defend. Might get past the Lakers, but no farther.
    4 [​IMG] Dallas Mavericks 25-22 11 8.5 Portland They win their pathetic division, but they get beat in first round by the Blazers or T-wolves.
    5 [​IMG] Portland Trailblazers 30-20 8 5 Dallas This team is the next scariest team besides Thunder, and could possibly upset them in 2nd round. Very easily could be 3rd seed, and meet them in WCF.
    6 [​IMG] LA Lakers 28-24 6 8 Minnesota Can never count out Kobe's team. They won't get past the Wolves or Blazers though.
    7 [​IMG] LA Clippers 25-24 9 9.5 Warriors If Blake and CP3 play well they can take this series deep, but Warriors just too good from deep.
    8 [​IMG] Utah Jazz 24-28 6 12 OKC Jazz are a good team down low, but they struggle to stay consistent and will end up missing the playoffs.
    N/A [​IMG] Phoenix Suns 22-28 8 13 OKC Suns have a very pleasant schedule ahead and will slip into the playoffs, but do they really want to since they have to play the Thunder?
    N/A [​IMG] San Antonio Spurs 20-27 9 13.5 OKC Spurs might make the playoffs, but probably not. It is time for them to rebuild.

And your 2012 NBA Champions will be:

The New York Knicks

• Like Like x 3
  2. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

3. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

At this rate I'll be lucky to make the playoffs. Hopefully I can hold on long enough, I have a few CPU games left so hopefully I do well. Not expecting to do much in the playoffs if I do make it but crazier things have happened.

Nice job makin

4. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Sounds spot on, I think I can possibly get by Bond but definately dont see myself overcoming The Knicks.

5. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I agree that the Knicks are my favorite to win the title. I just moved into a tie for 7th with the Magic with a win over the Clips (although I think the Magic hold tiebreak by virtue of a better divisional record). I really want to get that 7 seed because I have a .500 record against the CPU (and a stupid number of sim losses) but a 16-7 mark against users. Given a user 1st round matchup, I think I could do some damage.

6. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

stay out of that 7 seed lol...i do not want to face you at all.

7. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

I can't do crap against teams with bigs. Plus I am only seeded so high because of my weak division. I need 2011 playoffs Dirk to show up for me.

8. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

It is so hard predicting the Pistons in the playoffs, since I never thought they would be this good during the regular season.

9. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I've got a big couple of games coming up tomorrow night with JR. I'd MUCH rather be in that 5th seed than the 6th.

10. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

[​IMG]

11. Bondzai

I won't be in the 7th seed long. I've taken some bad sim losses but I'm about to make a run.

12. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Don't know if I can get past Dru50 or bringbackjimmy or even JFace907 and his Jazz. It will be a fun time in the Western Playoffs. All to see who gets to lose to the Knicks and Blaza

edit: the more i think about it, makinpropel 's Wolves will give me fits as well and could easily spring that upset too.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  13. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

At least mention me in your edit so I feel better about myself :(

14. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Come to think of it you beat dru and i cant do that. Lookin at a first round exit for me!!

15. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

great write up.....

the Pistons and the Knicks are the best teams in the East in my view... having played each of them once.... i havent played the Bulls yet, but they almost have to be good right? but in the East my prediction is the Knicks... unless the Pistons can get some help for Knight.....

in the west..... the Warriors and the Thunder with the Wolves a close thrid behind them..... the Wolves can really score, the Warriors have a small backcourt which could hurt them against certain teams.... and the Thunder are legit..... darkhorse... the Blazers..... my pick though..... the thunder... too much durant....

• Like Like x 1
  16. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Jazz are missing the playoffs. Don't worry about us :(

...And i left my Cavs for this...

17. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Will we be doing the voting for for the awards like last year? I can help you out if needed.

18. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Good write up makin. About time you did something. :) I'm not sure if I can get in or not. I was hoping to get Dru in the first round but that doesnt seem likely. If I get in it's gonna be vs okc probably. Who I've beaten once this year but I dont like my chances in a series. This could be a good team if they were consistent. I need more low post scoring and rebounding. The problem is though that I'm going to have no available money in the offseason. So what I have is what I have unless I can work a trade and I'll have a decent first round pick.

19. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Warriors are struggling mightily to end the season, I'll be shocked if we hang onto the 2 seed. I've played most of the west contenders, and I think it will be Blazers-Thunder for the west crown with the Thunder getting to the finals, I think Durant is just too tough to stop.

I'll go with the Heat to win the east and the title.

20. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Yes, the Baseline Awards will be going down! In fact, the nods thread will be appearing at some point this week.

21. sonn

sonn Walk On

Pacers have clawed back to 26-26 but are going to need the Magic to slip up to get into the playoffs this year. We have one left against the Magic so that is looking like a huge game.

22. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

The Thunder are rolling along well right now. After a few questionable blowout losses, things are running well. With the Warriors struggling a bit, the #1 seed looks pretty solid right now. However, the Blazers are hot hot hot right now and with one more game with them any slip-up could mean the Blazers get the nod.

Kevin Durant is having an MVP season, averaging 30.0 points and almost 6 boards a game. Westbrook has settled in and become a more dependable point guard and Ibaka and Harden have become quite formidable.

Tough games remain on the schedule, but if we can win half of them we should be in good shape.

23. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

An update on the potential 1st round matchups:

East:
    1. Miami Heat vs 8. winner of Magic/Pacers*
    2. Detroit Pistons vs 7. Washington Wizards
    3. Chicago Bulls vs 6. Boston Celtics**
    4. New York Knicks vs 5. Toronto Raptors**

West:
    1. Oklahoma City Thunder vs 8. Phoenix Suns
    2. Golden State Warriors vs 7. LA Lakers
    3. Portland Trail Blazers vs 6. LA Clippers
    4. Dallas Mavericks vs 5. Minnesota Timberwolves

Every eastern team is locked into their seeding. In the West, the 2 seed is up for grabs, with a Warriors victory over the Lakers in their final game clinching the 2 seed for them, and a loss giving it to the Blazers. The 6 and 7 seeds in the West could also flip if and only if the Clippers lose their last game against the Rockets AND the Lakers win their remaining 2 against Dallas and Golden State.

*A Pacers win would send the 8 seed in the East to the 3rd tiebreak of best conference record which the Pacers would hold by virtue of their win over the Magic. So, a pretty damn huge game for Bondzai and sonn

**Raptors get 5 seed by virtue of their season sweep of the Celtics.

• Like Like x 1
  24. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I completely snuck in the Back door. My game vs perry got simmed and jface got disco'd and lost the resultig sim. Tough break. Now I get okc in the first round. is the first round best of 5 or 7 this year? Bondzai

25. Bondzai

Best of 7