Alternating Seasons

Discussion in 'Rookie Symposium' started by RRAHx2, Aug 31, 2013.

?

Which format Should RS use?

Poll closed Sep 1, 2013.
  1. Alternating Seasons (Playing the odd years and simming the even years)

33.3%
  2. Standard (Play all seasons)

66.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

Rookies, I would like to put this topic up for vote. It was brought up that some owners would like to explore the option of simming seasons in this league. As opposed to our normal process of just playing every season, we could do something different this cycle and alternate between playing and simulating seasons. Basically, we would play 1 season and then simulate the following season.

I think it would be something neat to try, and would offer up quite a few positives. Firstly, it would allow us to emphasize team-building, since we would be completing 2x as many seasons as we normally would, more planning and strategy would be involved. Also, I feel it would help us to ease the concern of rapid player progression in this year's Madden. The jury is still out on whether or not this is actually a problem, but a season full of CPU play definitely would gather less XP than a user-played season.

Thirdly, and most obviously, it would get us deeper into the CFM. More seasons, equals more championships, more strategy, more draft classes, more trades, more off-seasons, more everything. I think it would be something neat to try and might be something we all really enjoy. I have never played a cycle using this schedule so I am in favor. It could help mix things up, and give our league a new look.

As all other league settings, I will leave this up to vote. Majority wins.

If anyone has any questions or would like to state their opinions, by all means please do. Would love to hear what you all think about this.

POLL WILL CLOSE IN 7 DAYS

oneshot24 - NE
    LeGeNd RiPs - DEN
    Hitmhrd72 - JAX
    whatspeakyou - CHI
    nellycuz - PIT
    Snake Eyez - CIN
    Anthrax78 - DET
    The Rulah - WAS
    SmashMouthFB33 - STL
    mmorgan184 - CLE
    AwaLL - MIA
    Coachmedicis - BUF
    Crowe - SF
    BrewBomber - GB
    Chief9 - NYJ
    nicknick68 - NYG
    raveneff - BAL
    Automatik - AZ
    Javier24 - MIN
    Elemnt - CAR
    BE5T NAME EVER - TB
    lere2001 - PHI
    priestmvp - KC
    jay2149 - ATL
    Craig Brown - IND
    NateDawg - SD
    SFRANGER6969 - SEA
    Brandon S. - HOU
    Aspect1 - OAK
    RRAHx2 - DAL
    Cole Springer - TEN

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  2. Aspect1

Aspect1 Walk On

Sounds cool my only concern is with importing draft classes. Knowing who the college players are in the draft. Or would we only have a imported class for the first season anyway?

3. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

How would it work simming the other season? Would we just sim it in one day and do the draft the following week? How quick would that go. I'm all for adding more seasons and adding more season which adds to the challenge. But before i vote i'm interested to see how it would work.

4. RRAHx2

Well, we have a couple options here. For example, we could give each week of the season one day IRL to scout, practice make roster/depth chart changes. That would take abour 2-3 weeks per season.

Or we could do 4 weeks every day, where we would have 1 day IRL to scout and practice and stuff for every 4 in-game weeks. So theoretically, we would finish a full season in 1 week.

Or I could just sim a full season in a day, and then we do all the scouting in the off-season. So this would obviously, be very quick only take 1 day for a season.

All these are viable options, but I wanted to see how everyone felt about simming seasons before I even got that far.

And Aspect1, we are importing draft classes for the first 4 seasons, atleast.

5. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

I would be in favor of playing 2 seasons simming 1.

6. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

I'm not a fan of simming any seasons. We made it through nearly 6 full years in '13, and that was after a restart and team shake-up at the end of the original S1 due to the salary cap bug and influx of new owners.

• Like Like x 2
  7. BE5T NAME EVER

BE5T NAME EVER Walk On

I've never really saw the whole point of simming. I play the game to use current NFl players not CPU generated ones. Plus contracts would have to change so we would actually have "3" years to play with our players. Not a fan of this at all.

• Like Like x 1
  8. RRAHx2

Regardless, if we sim seasons or not, these players are gonna get older. So the NFL players of today are gonna be gone one way or the other. If we stayed only user seasons, we would still do 7+ seasons, so most of these guys would be gone anyway. I don't see the point of doing a Dynasty, if you only wanna play a couple seasons in the future. TIn my eyes, the point of CFM is to build teams over a period of time. This would streamline that.

As for the 3 year contracts, They are still on your team for the 3 years, and we are still bidding on FA's even during the simmed seasons. You are still getting 3 seasons of play from the player. Just because you are not actually playing the games doesn't mean the guy is not producing for your team. Especially with Owner mode, going off of financial gain, not just winning; this would allow us to get more involved in that side of things.

9. SFRANGER6969

SFRANGER6969 Walk On

I am not a fan of this idea at all. I do not want to sim seasons I just do not see the point of this at all. I want to play with my team every season and control them.

We still end up playing the same amount of user controlled seasons and who is really going to say Hey guess what guys my cpu won me a championship??? And if you do care about that go play offline and sim 25 seasons by yourself. Lol just saying who would really care about that I would think that in order to claim you won anything you would want to beat the best competition in RS yourself not rely on the cpu.

If this passes I would hope the rule of resigning being maxed at 3 years would change to 4 that way you can play with the guy you sign for 2 years and not 1.

Maybe towards the end of the madden cycle if things slow down it would be nice to change it up but for now I like being in control. Secondly this is such a HUGE change I hope that if the voting is close that a major change would not be allowed unless the voting shows a wide margin in favor of the change.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RRAHx2

The reason I like it is because it will add strategy to this, too. We all know who the best "stick skill" guys are in this league, but this would be about who can build the best team and get the right group of players to win a championship during the simmed seasons. Isn't that what being a GM really is anyway?

You can't really compare that to offline play, because the CPU will never build a team like a human can. Apples to Oranges my friend.

11. SFRANGER6969

SFRANGER6969 Walk On

You are going to have a split of guys that like the idea and guys that really are not a fan.. I feel that with the limits that we have on resignings and trades that has enough strategy to try to build teams. Plus all the problems we had with M13 with guys signing people to contracts against the rules you just double the amount of offseasons and dealing with teams that sign bad contracts with the restrictions we have in place.

Whatever happens happens with the vote but if we do change to this style of franchise then I hope that you would also take a vote on possible changing some of the restrictions we have in place with resignings. Mainly changing the length from 3 to 4 years so we can play with the players we sign for 2 seasons.

12. RRAHx2

Well I don't want to limit the off-seasons for that reason. If someone is gonna break the rules, they are gonna do it regardless to whether we sim seasons or not. I do see your point of playing with your player's for 2 years, so I would take that into consideration regarding the contract rules.

Yeah either way, the voting will decide it, but I figured better to vote now so we can have this figured out by the time we get to Week 3. For the record, ALL rules are up for debate or vote. I make rules that I think will benefit the league, but if someone thinks there is a better way by all means please let me know. I am all for whatever is best for everyone. I have said it countless times, this is your guys' league; I am just making sure it runs how you all want it to.

13. AwaLL

AwaLL Walk On

Ya if this ends up passing im probably out not gonna lie, hate to be the downer, but i have 0 interest in that. None.

14. RRAHx2

[​IMG]

15. raveneff

raveneff Walk On

Personally, I don't mind it either way. I get what the idea is, and I like it, as long as we can handle the big stuff.

16. The Rulah

The Rulah Walk On

I'm pretty indifferent to this rule. On the positive, I am a huge fan of team building and strategy. Conversely, this moves the league toward unfamiliar players at twice the speed (which I am not sure that will positively effect current and future owner interest in the league).

17. RRAHx2

The poll has reached 16 votes, so it is closed. We will remain on the standard format, thanks for your timely votes, gents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.