Alumni Nation Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Abominatrix, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

OMG MORE CONTENT! My earnest intent is for me to get this off on the right foot, and for someone else to take over at some point. Pretty plz. Here are the (tentative) rules:

Rules

1. You must have 1 QB, 1 HB, 1 TE, 2 WR, 1 K, and 1 “Flex” (QB/HB/FB/TE/WR). You must have 1 defense (I.E. I select the Southern Miss Defense as a whole). These amounts may be adjusted based on how many fantasy owners and users there are in the dynasty.

2. You MAY NOT select ANY of your own players. This rule exists so that you don’t pad your own stats to win the fantasy season. You also may only select players from user teams.

3. Draft order will be decided by final BCS rankings of the previous year in the first year of the fantasy draft, and final rankings of the previous fantasy season in subsequent years. The lowest ranked team picks first. The draft format will be traditional – 8 rounds, from the top of the draft order to the bottom, and then back up top. You may select whoever you want (given that your team doesn’t have that slot already) whenever you want.

4. As this is a simplified version of fantasy football, you will have to stick with your position starters for the entire year. There will be no depth drafted, and no trades.

5. In the event of an injury to your starter (if they miss the entirety of a game or more), you may pick up any one undrafted player at the same position for the extent of your starter’s injury. If your Flex is injured, you may pick any undrafted player that would’ve been a flex had he been drafted. If two or more players have their fantasy starters injured, the players will select their replacements according to the draft order that started the fantasy season off.

6. Injuries to defensive players do not allow an additional defense to be drafted – you are stuck with your defense for the season. Choose wisely.

7. The fantasy season will end after the final regular season week – some players may or may not participate in Conference Championships and Bowls, so this is the only way to keep the stats fair for all.

8. Scoring: As of this time, I don’t know what scoring system we’ll use (keep in mind, I’ve NEVER done fantasy anything before :p), so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. A quick google search has provided a potential scoring system:
      1. 1 point for 25 passing yards
      2. 1 point for 10 rushing yards
      3. 1 point for 10 receiving yards
      4. 6 points for a touchdown
      5. 4 points for a passing touchdown
      6. -2 points for every interception thrown or fumble lost
      7. 1 point for each extra point made
      8. 3 points for each 0-39 yard field goal, 4 points for each 40-49 yard field goal, and 5 points for each 50+ yard field goal
      9. 2 points per turnover gained by defense
      10. 1 points per sack by the defense
      11. 2 points for a safety by defense
      12. 6 points for each touchdown scored by defense
    Hopefully this works for the first season, unless someone has some scoring system they prefer.

9. Always pick a Virginia player/defense, if given the opportunity.

Now, the way I've set this up, you can have a successful fantasy football season with only 2 people, or up to 12. Obviously, I'd like as many people as possible to participate, but...we may get an uncharacteristically low amount of participation :eek:. The first thing I would like to know is...HOW MANY PEOPLE WOULD ACTUALLY BE INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING?

2. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

We would probably do the draft between Players Leaving (in case a junior you want to pick leaves early) and the beginning of the season. Yea, someone may get an enticing freshman, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. All on the forums, and should be a very fast process. Just grab your guy and wait for the next round. I'll try to keep track of the selections, so you know what pieces you still need to draft. I leave the player research up to you :p

3. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

i'm in...

4. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

this would be awesome. in

5. areohhwhy

areohhwhy Walk On

sounds dope i'm in.

6. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

Welp, looks like its only you and me left! Let me know if you still wanna do this, even with only two people. On the bright side, the draft and maintenance would be pretty darn easy, because I'll make my selections pretty quickly.

Also, because I am lazy, I would like to remove the injury replacement thingy (Rule #5). It covers only a small possibility, and keeping it in would force all of us (or just me >_>) to monitor everyone's injury status every week, which frankly, I don't want to do. Yea, it'll suck if your key guy goes down for extended time - but it's just as likely to happen to anyone anyway. Let me know your thoughts.

7. areohhwhy

areohhwhy Walk On

I do not know how everyone treats their starters so lets see how the injuries effect the fantasy scoring then we'll adjust from there.

8. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

Well, we're in-season. I figured that we could still run the draft while the season's going on, as you can see everyone's roster. A couple of games won't give you a complete picture as to how a player will do, so whatever. You're up first, so please just copy the below format for all of your picks.

Player - Team - Position (The position you're drafting them as, i.e. WR vs Flex)

I'll just do a sample draft (with 1 player) so you know what I'm looking for:

Caleb Jordan - UVA - WR (WR)
    Luke Nolen - LSU - HB (HB)
    Kentucky Defense - UK - Defense
    Gray Crow - FAU - QB (QB)
    Damon Townsend - KU - TE (TE)
    Keon Rutledge - UMass - WR (WR)
    Jonathan Kearney - USM - WR (Flex)
    Daniel Schwars - Tulsa - K (K)

Obviously, don't show all of your picks in one post - just wait for me to make my selection after yours, and then keep on drafting. It would probably be best to keep a draft board like the following, so you know what you need:

QB:
    HB:
    TE:
    WR:
    WR:
    K:
    Flex:
    Defense:

...and just copy it into your next post, updating it with whatever pick you made that round. Draft away!

EDIT: Keep in mind, you can't draft your own players. Given that there's only two people, you don't need to rush to get UVA players, and I don't need to rush to get UMass players. If/Once we get a third participant, the rush will be on, but alas...

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  9. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

I will give this a try. So now you must rush bitches.

10. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

You pick 2nd in each round, then. Still waiting on areohhwhy.

11. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

12. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

13. areohhwhy

areohhwhy Walk On

WR: Dominique Terrell(Virgina)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  14. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Hey dummy, you're supposed to pick one guy at a time if I read the rules right!

15. areohhwhy

areohhwhy Walk On

i don't know what you're talking about lol

16. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Why would you have to rush for players if you got to pick all of yours from the beginning fool?

17. areohhwhy

areohhwhy Walk On

i didn't read through it.

18. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Disqualified...you now get all FAU players.

19. areohhwhy

areohhwhy Walk On

One melancholy sea otter..

20. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Who's your top choice?

21. areohhwhy

areohhwhy Walk On

Kicker: Eric Waller (FAU)

22. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

lol I mean for your fantasy team for real, not the joke FAU comment.

23. areohhwhy

areohhwhy Walk On

Oh Dominique Terrell WR: UVA

24. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

QB
    HB
    TE
    WR Darius Jennings WR UVA
    WR
    K
    Flex
    Defense

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  25. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

QB:
    HB:
    TE:
    WR:
    WR:
    K:
    Flex:
    Defense: Kansas Defense - KU - Defense

Remember, you need to include which position you're drafting them as (flex vs. WR, etc)