Always Sunny in San Francisco

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by coachgaddy, Oct 20, 2009.

1. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Sep 22, 2009
    Always Sunny in San Francisco

It just finished snowing in Denver where they just got dusted with 2 inches and the temperature drop to 10 degrees. In the outskirts of downtown Denver, Broncos star wr Brandon Marshall heater just kicked the bucket. Marshall "My heat been out for about 5 hours now, I felt the cold air but I been in Denver so long I get use to it". After he started a pot of hot coco he reaches for the phone to dial the heating company for someone to come out. It was almost as if Coach Gaddy and Marshall were already in sync long before the trade, cause as he picked up his phone to dial Coach was already on the other end. Marshall "When he told me who he was I was like, WTF are you calling me for but then I got a funny feeling in my gut telling me something was up". Coach "Hey Brandon, I just read the weather report, cold as hell out there huh? Why don't you come down to this 80 degree weather and help me win a Championship and get some sun at the same time". At the same time while having this conversation with Coach Gaddy, Brandon's blackberry goes off and his agent advises him that he has just been traded to the (6-1) 49ers".

Now in NFL trades you almost have to leave to go cross country as soon as you receive the word. So Brandon following that trend went to pack a few things got in his SUV and speed off to the downtown airport. Brandon "Oh shit, I left the Hot Coco on gotta go back". After successfully rescuing his 2.5 Million dollar house from an hot coco fiasco he arrives at Denver airport only to see Jarvis Moss and Kyle Orton waiting for the same plane to San Francisco. Orton "Hey Brandon Coach Adross didn't like you either huh?" as they all laughed. Orton was in Adross's doghouse since day 1 and while others got the run around speech on why they were traded, Orton talk was much more blunt. Orton "Coach said he just didn't like me and I said well I don't like you either". As they all boarded the plan Orton didn't even look back as the plane took off. He sat in his chair like an anxious kid repeating " Are we there yet, Are we there yet". If you were to look out the left side of the plane window you could even see another plan headed to Denver containing 49ers players Manny Lawson, Josh Morgan and Alex Smith. I wonder if they felt the same way?

On the second day after they arrived Marshall, Moss and Orton showed up to the 49ers practice facility wearing wool sweatpants and hoddies. There was a lite chuckle throughout the complex by a few teammates "Somebody didn't watch the weather report". What do you expect from 3 players that practice in cold temperatures and now have to transition to a warmer climate. Anyway the bonding with their new teammates was seamless and now they have a week to study the offense and defense. Marshall and Moss will surely be in the starting lineup against the Bears next week while Orton will be backing up Shaun Hill. This 49ers team which has an outstanding record of 6-1 lead by the running attack of Gore and Coffee now has an added feature to their offense. Marshall and Crabtree should be an outstanding duo together and give Hill the weapons he needs to make sure Gore is fresh for the stretch run. Niners have a important run to make as the season winds down and this trade could not have happen at a better time.
  2. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Jul 8, 2009
    nice WR/RB/and Vernon Davis combo.