AM Heisman Coaches Show 2015

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Jayrah, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

[​IMG]

The Heisman Show Coach of the Year

Year Coach Team Record Accomplishments
    [EMAIL='2012 @whygodwhy1111']2012 @whygodwhy1111[/COLOR][/EMAIL][/COLOR] Arkansas Razorbacks 13-0 Undefeated season, 2 wins against Dru50 and his top 10 Georgia team (regular season and SEC Championship), National Champion
    [EMAIL='2013 @MexiRican35']2013 @MexiRican35 [/COLOR][/EMAIL][/COLOR] LSU Tigers 11-2 Broke Arkansas' 24 game win streak to clinch SEC West Title, Won SEC Championship against DirtycashDylan and his South Carolina Gamecocks, National Champion Runner-Up (Lost to Texas in NC)
    2014 @Whygodwhy1111 [/COLOR] Arkansas Razorbacks 13-0 Undefeated season #2, Yet another beatdown of Dru for the SEC Championship, National Champion

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  2. Jayrah

3. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I also noticed...... it's all these chuckleheads playing Madden! And the start of real football..... knowing our group, I imagine we'll be going strong again shortly though! :)

4. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Snippets from Coach Boom's press conference following Miami's win over Arkansas:

on Arkansas QB Michael Robbins...
    "we knew we had to contain him if we were going to win. While he got his TDs, we forced him into a couple bad throws..."

on his defense...
    "they knew they were up for a challenge and they responded. We definitely didn't shut them down, but we forced them to drive the length of the field for their scores and we tackled well..."

on Miami QB Christian Smith...
    "Christian is playing out-of-this-world and we hope he keeps it up. He's only a rSO, but we expect him to continue to play with poise and deliver the ball accurately..."

on the final drive of the game...
    "we just didn't want to give Arkansas any time whatsoever, so we had to bleed the clock. We basically made it a one play game and we were fortunate to convert..."

on going for two up by one with only five seconds left...
    "that was a mistake by me. I got caught up in the moment and didn't really consider the possibility that Arkansas could score two and win the game... [chuckle]"

5. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Actually, I'm willing to bet that the madden playing members are still posting more than some others (I'm looking at you Kapono, MexiRican35 and SatansAngel1104).

I will admit though that I'm not going to be able to carry as much of a content load as I did before TMFL started, so it's time for those previously mentioned guys and others to start crafting more content than they have in the first 3 seasons.

6. Jayrah

I don't know about Mexi, I feel like he's pretty regularly active...

7. Dru50

I'm referring to content beyond posting scores and recruiting. Unless I'm missing something the 3 guys I named really haven't done any content aside from that. I don't require it, but as my time and others gets split with other leagues everyone has to step up if you want the consistent content we have had.

That said I'm perfectly happy with how things are going around this forum.

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I don't post much content but I do post a lot of BS. Not sure whats better.

9. Dru50

You took over the pick em contest - that is a ton of stuff right there.

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im better at just bullshitting :D

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Coach Deuel this week after the loss to Florida - "We'll we played well enough to win in the first half but our QB play was not good. I have no idea what we are gonna do this week against Mississippi State. Not sure who will start."

Week 1 against Louisville, Senior QB Zeke Pike played the first and third quarters while Junior Rasheed Hale played the second and fourth quarters. Hale won the job for the week 2 game against Florida but turned the ball over and was ineffective. Coach Deuel also has a third QB, Freshman Charles Tolbert, who he planned on redshirting this season. If things get to ugly on the Plains, that redshirt might get pulled!!!

12. Jayrah

Your BS is better. :)

13. Jayrah

Coach Sumlin after blowout of SC:

"Negatively speaking, when they loaded the box we struggled to run. We gotta be able to run in those situations. On a positive note Johnny has learned checking down with these guys is generally just as good as throwing deep. The move by Johnson on our first score and some nice runs after the catch this week just breed confidence in our offense and keep us away from forced interceptions. On defense, holy cow can we be any better? 13 interceptions in 2 games is the most I've ever seen! Very pleased with our efforts in takeaways."

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I agree

15. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Alabama is excited to be rolling out it's new offense this season with Alec Morris. Morris can chuck the ball, at least Mike F'NG Leach is hoping he will chuck it because he F'NG slow.

16. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

From Miami Coach Akai Boom's weekly conference call:

on the five game stretch
    "We're happy to be able to get out of that five game stretch 4-1. The loss to Georgia hurt, not so much because it meant we're behind the eight-ball for the division race, but because we just didn't come out ready to play."

on beating Florida
    "beating Florida was a big step for us. We've been close all these years, but to finally do it...I'm just so proud of our guys."

on the upcoming game vs Florida State
    "we know it's going to be a crucial game for our reason, but we're not looking ahead. We'll take one game at a time and once we play them we'll be ready."

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Just wanted to give you guys a little insight into my Paper Tigers here.

• We are currently tied for first in giveaways with 22. 19 interceptions and 3 fumbles lost.
    • We are currently tied for first in takeaways with 23. 20 interceptions and 3 fumbles recovered.
    • Senior Zeke Pike has 2 passing TD's on the season versus 13 interceptions.
    • Junior Rasheed Hale isn't all that much better with 4 TD's versus 6 interceptions.
    • Our longest running play has been a read option keep by Pike for 35 yards.
    • My starting HB Chad Sims is averaging 3.2 yards per carry
    • My #1 WR Jed Clement has more drops (3) than TD's (2)
    • The defense has been good but its been against the CPU. The layers of lies will soon be revealed!
    • My kicker is awesome. 6 for 6 with a long of 58 yards.
    • We'll still beat Alabama :p

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jayrah

Post game press conference, Arkansas:

"I don't want to talk about it. They need to be checked for steroids. That's all"

19. Jayrah

Qbs have really torched A&M in big situations by scrambling and running backs have been doing good things on the edges as of late. Coach Sumlin on the defensive issues:

"We've addressed it. At the beginning of the year we decided to go with our 2 most experienced middle Lbs over the speed and quickness that we've recruited last season. After looking at what's happening to our defense, our coaches have decided to play the 2 freshmen in hopes that their lateral abilities will help us. With LSU coming up it's imperative that we nullify their qb running the ball and their option game is key to their success. We want to match up with speed and quickness on speed and quickness."

Reporter: What do these guys bring to the table?

Sumlin: Lateral ability that was severely lacking. You've seen it in our 2 losses and again against GT. Our inability to move down the line and make a play on a quick quarterback has just murdered us. In a 3-4 defense we have to have that from our MLB's. We thought we could play Walker and Randolph, but neither of them has really developed the way we were hoping. Walker's done some nice things but more often than not he's not quick enough to make routine plays. The two stepping in are Lance Jackson who is 5'11, 220 and Andre Carroll who is 5'11, 224. Both bring strength and good agility/accel ratings to the table. Carroll is coming out of redshirt but we feel we need him on the field."

Reporter: You recruiting anyone else that will help out next year in that area?

Sumlin: Not at the linebacker position.

Reporter: So far it's been disappointing for you guys with the 5-2 start. Still think you have a chance in the West?

Sumlin: 1 game at a time. But if we don't figure out this scrambling qb deal, no. Plus the Sauce is pretty good over there. They have to lose twice and we have to win out. Could happen, but likely we're just trying to get back in the BCS discussion at this point.

Reporter: What do you know about LSU?

Sumlin: MexiRican35 's team is very good and their defense is so hard to move the ball against. Their qb Clark is injured but I think he's supposed to be back for our game. He's tough and really quick. We'll have to contain him and play their receivers tough. If he can't go then the Rivers kid is big and has a really good sense of what's going on. 11 tds and 1 interception give you a sense of his value. We're in for a really good test, not to mention they'll be an angry bunch after what we did to them last year and the close loss to Auburn. This is a game to stay in the race, so neither team is going to back down.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  20. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

Coach Mexi is calling out the defense after the loss to the Paper Tigers. Ever since 2013 when we had the best defense ever, it has regressed into a mediocre at best D. "We've fixed the problem we've had on offense. The defense needs to step its game up. We cant stop the run. And then when we do, we give up a big play over top. And it's worse that these plays are happening on 3rd down. I don't know if we need to cut back on the aggressiveness, but something has to change. SS Smith has already lost his job to Thomas. If we dont pick it up down the stretch..."

21. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

I'm in the process of moving, dealing with banking fraud, and traveling back and forth to Chicago. My content updates were usually done at work with the aforementioned things going on and work has been none stop the past 2 release cycles.
    Complete architecture changes for our app. I know I've been slacking on content for most of the seasons... which is crappy of me as the content and getting into your team adds to the fun of this game.

I'm just trying to get through the aforementioned issues so ill have a more relaxing life lol and more time to post content...

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  22. Jayrah

Aggies coaches really liked what they saw from Jackson and Carroll against LSU, the 2 freshmen MLBs. We feel as if they would have made a difference against both Arkansas and Alabama. Jackson did particularly well recording 4 tackles and making an interception.

23. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Great, here we go with the "should have" talk :p

• Like Like x 1
  24. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Those Cougar fans can't help themselves!

25. Jayrah

Damn media! That's not what I said, you took it out of context. There were some plays in both the Bama and Arkansas game where the qb got away on scrambles where my laterally challenged MLB's failed to be able to accomplish their assignments. We may have been better off on those plays with our quicker freshmen that we have now inserted. You're making it sound like I said "we should've beaten those teams", which is far from the case.

For the record I thought the decision we made at the beginning of the season was the right one, so there's no "should've" done anything, we did it right. But as the year has progressed the issue has continued to be the scrambling and option qb, especially in 3rd down situations. Only kind of noticed it as a problem that needed to be fixed until CPU's GT qb made some important plays in the first half with his feet and they took me to a 20-0 deficit before my comeback. At THAT point I thought we needed to find something and now I think we did. In hindsight, yeah it would've made a difference. However they are not as good in coverage awareness and really struggled at times in the pass game against LSU. There's no telling what the difference would've been in the other games for this case and we still have Walker (our junior) in for certain alignments and situations.