AM Heisman Coaches Show (S2)

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Jayrah, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jayrah

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  3. Jayrah

What a win by NU going into Autzen! We played mistake free and made more big plays on defense than I expected. Our team speed isn't great and we didn't tackle well at times but I think we figured out a strategy for the season in this game, which is extremely important to our chances of making a bowl this year. Offensively the ball control, quick passing game was really strong, while we struggled to take advantage of down-the-field opportunities. I think part of that was Watkins getting hurt and having to go the 2nd half with a less than stellar backup, but even Kolter showed some moxie. He only completed 5 balls but one was a long 3rd down and another was a nice over the middle ball to set up a 2 score advantage in the 4th. Really happy with that game. :)

Not happy with having to go back on the road to East Lansing. :(

4. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Not quite. The scheduling committee saw fit to blast a team that was talking up a big game while boasting their victories over Illinois, Minnesota, and Indiana with a schedule pitting rematches with the aforementioned teams, as well as games suitable a team that talks as though they are among the big boys in the nation. :)

5. Jayrah

You must have mistaken comments. I've repeatedly said I am losing a ton of talent and will be quite fortunate to even be looking at a bowl come midseason. Gave up 56 to a winless team last year... I know we arent that great. I have said that I realized since day 1 that this is nowhere near the caliber of my Cal squad when I got there. I've never said I am among the best in the Conference, much less the nation. :confused: You are just butt-hurt that I called you a D-2 team :D ;)

6. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

If you had any self-discipline, you would not be in this predicament. Of course, this is too much to expect from someone who lets fanatical, magical tyrants run rampant on the Texas A&M campus

7. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Lost my starting HB for our game Jayrah

should help you out with gameplanning ;)

8. Jayrah

Don't do that... giving me hope thing :(

9. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Big win over Florida State for Purdue. These are the type of games Purdue will have to win if they're going to improve on last year's performance. We got down early, but did not panic and stayed with the game plan throughout.

10. Jayrah

Ah the difference in turnover margin: 1st game won with +4-1, Next game lost with -4-1. Shocker.

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Funny how that works

12. Jayrah

Yup. 2-3 extra possessions is tough to overcome these days.

13. Jayrah

Another year, another atrocious defensive performance. 42 1st half points, and 62 overall to Michigan. I was so disgusted I actually threw my controller across the room when the friggin cpu gave me the Safety from 12 yards away while there were 2 players directly next to the UM rb, and I ended up running right by him and my cpu defenders never reacted to him running straight between them with less than 3 yards to spare. I HATE the flipping switch mechanic in the game, I have ever since they went away from "closest player". On top of that a UM receiver was perfectly covered and caught a ball in the corner of the endzone with 2 defenders draped on him on 4th and 2 from outside the 40, and frickin Cox broke 6 tackles on a single play. He could not be tackled on first or second contact and it blew my mind. I needed 4 guys at the same time to stop him. I'm just ready to play @ home. 0 for the state of Michigan blows.

14. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I feel you on the "corner of the endzone with 2 defenders draped on him" type of catch. I just lost to Iowa because of it.

All in all, I've been happy with my team's performance, considering the lack of defensive talent in the secondary.