Am I doing something wrong???

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by GoGators, Jan 30, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Am I doing something wrong???

Am I doing something wrong by assuming I should be able to play man to man against teams with inferior WRs?

Watch the CB at the snap get burnt! He's in press man since I'm bringing a blitz on the other side. Here's the ratings for this play:

WR 89 ovr, 95 spd, 78 route running, 80 release rating
    CB 99 ovr, 94 spd, 99 man cover, 95 press

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16378235

This happened repeatedly. Thankfully on the other plays my safety was there to tackle him.

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Sliders?

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Ain't no defense for the perfect pass ;)

4. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

your corner bit on the PA

5. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

some people will run play action religiously because no matter how much you shut the run down, the corners will still bite BADLY on the fake leaving an open receiver.

6. GoGators

AA with the T2 sliders.

To the other comments:

If the guy is in man to man press coverage, he wouldn't even see the play action. So why would he bite on it?

And it's against the CPU.

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    It's just the logic. I noticed that if they are in zone, staring down the QB, they don't hardly ever bite.

I would guess the logic was programmed backwards. I know that safeties bite in zone and not when they are man'd up.

8. GoGators

That's just flat out frustrating. I think I have a lockdown CB who should take away half the field and all he does is get beat. I wish EA would quit hiring dyslexic programmers haha.

9. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Another part of the issue is it looks like the WR is running a good release route. The one where his first step is to the inside. There are quite a few routes I can almost always get a decent WR off the line against the press.

Mike

10. GoGators

The route shouldn't matter. The WR is a B+ going against an A+ CB, even if the guy can magically disappear and reappear he shouldn't be able to get open against a CB with those ratings.

11. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

The game isn't going to perform to the ratings 100% of the time. I understand your frustration. But think if you had a pair of dice. each die has 6 sides, and 5 out of the 6 sides are the same. But one is different on each die. EEventually you are going to roll where the minority side comes up as a pair. That is what happened in your game. Just sounds like it happened a little too frequently.

Mike

12. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

I don't know, in real life even if one player is far better than the other he isn't going to win the 1-on-1 battle every time. He should win the majority, but he isn't going to be perfect. From the sound of it, he got beat too many times for his ratings but I think the better player getting beat will happen ocassionally.

Also with the receiver's speed being so high if he does get by the corner the corner has no chance to catch him. I know the corner's speed is high too, but he has to turn all the way around and simply can't do that fast enough.