Am I the only one who thinks the pass game is too strong?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ociu, Mar 22, 2010.

1. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

Am I the only one who thinks the pass game is too strong?

In my past three games, against average QBs, my guy and the opponent have had 300+ yards passing. Again, this is with average QBs against a staunch Pitt D.

In contrast, running is nearly freaking impossible, and I've got the best RB in the league in Dion Lewis. Both of my RBs are averaging 3 yards a carry, and that holds up even when the D runs nickel and dime, which I should be able to OWN with a pro style O. The Linebackers are filling the gaps almost instantly, which means I have to highlight stick it to get even two yards. This isn't even mentioning the fact that I'm holding the other team to under 20 rush yards a game.

In my opinion, it's too difficult to run the ball and too easy to pass, which rewards teams that go four and five wide. I'm just a little tired of getting "god-moded" by the other team when they go to four and five wide sets, which, in the Big East, most teams run.

2. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

I cant run for shit either so I pass alot

3. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I'm a run-first guy, and I'm pretty much forced to pass because the run gaps close too quickly, and it's too difficult for guys to break tackles.

Hate to complain, but it's really frustrating to play games in which the run game is totally insignificant, but both average quarterbacks play like Brett Favre.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

RB ability is on like 45 and blocking is on 45 or default.

Rush Defense I believe is on 50

so nothing is really super difficult, the game is flawed in the run game, I notice that in all leagues I am in I have difficulty gaining yardage on nearly every run play I try. You also have to switch up your run plays, the CPU catches on very quickly if you run the same plays.

5. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

The issue is tackling and the fact that the Defense responds too quickly. Maybe if the awareness was lowered or tackling was lowered, it might work better. I'd take a less pronounced passing game and a more pronounced running game over what we've got now any day of the week.

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

we play on Heisman also, unlike all the other leagues who play on All American

7. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

I've ran the Triple Option for the full 3 seasons, and I've never really averaged over 300 yards a game. I honestly get outgained nearly every game I play, and when playing a ranked team, I usually have to score on ST, or Defense to somehow win.

I agree on the passing as well, but I fair against the QBs somewhat decent. I'd be up for changing the sliders to see how it works, then again Griff was only losing a couple games a year, and Hov has been undefeated 3 seasons running, so it can't be impossible. Keeping them as is, I wouldn't have a problem either.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

I'll take a look at them when I get on later and see if they need adjusting.

The Vets of the Rise are pretty used to them by now so maybe the newcomers just need to get used to them

I won only 5 games the first 2 years and now look, I'm 6-2.

9. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

The CPU blows in this league

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

You're the only one who can whoop their ass weekly.