Am I the only one?

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by CalebMackie, Sep 15, 2012.

1. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

So I've played about 3 seasons on CCM mode in Madden 13 against the CPU and I have messed with the sliders so much that I am barely able to push them any further in the computers favor (offensively.) What I'm trying to say with this post is that I have noticed way, way too many terrible play calls on the computer's side of the ball. Specifically I am referring to the offense; this issue has become so consistent that I feel like I needed to address it to the community because I am hopeful that there is a way to fix it through an update. No matter how hard of a disadvantage I continue to give myself defensively, the computer continues to make HORRIBLE play calls, painful reads on passing plays, and when it comes to running the ball, forget about it. Some key things I have seen over and over again

- Half back screen will not only be called WAY too often throughout games by the CPU but it will be called 3 or 4 times within the same drive!

- The computer does not play to its strengths and this is a huge problem that should be addressed. For example, I am playing against the Falcons who's running back is Michael Turner who is an extravagant power runner. I fully expect the Falcons to run through the middle with him and tear me apart, in reality, what actually occurs is them trying to run the ball outside a ridiculous amount and they are throwing him screen after screen. There are plenty of situations that occur like when I play the Saints and they run the ball 25 times on me with Darren Sproles... Who doesn't even actually run the ball for the Saints 90% of the time he is used anyway. The best way to describe the play calling of the CPU in this Madden would be that it does not feel like I am playing different teams with different play books, rather it feels much more like I am playing the same exact computer who is using different players each time. This just cannot happen

- Another huge issue of why the CPU has not been very competitive this Madden has been its ability to read coverage's and what is the strength of its QB that it is using. Mobile qb's do not stay in the pocket long enough to even let their WR's become open on their routes, pocket passer just do not notice the open receiver and as a result throw the ball deep into double coverage or take the check down play which gives them endless 3 and outs, and elite qb's play like scared rookies. Peyton Manning looks like Andrew Luck when I play him, he can't find the open receiver for his life and he panics in the pocket so quickly that he will never take the time to find a better read.

I have tried these ridiculous sliders both on All-Pro and on All-Madden to make sure it was not a difficulty problem messing with their logic but both times it seems like they look so lost on the field. I'm not saying I want the CPU to be juiced so badly that I can not stand a chance but at the very least I need the cpu to play to its own strengths so I can actually be punished by good rbs and good qbs, I've brought these problems to everybody's attention because I am very hopeful that this could be easily adjusted through some later updates but if not, this is going to be a long year of Madden for me if the only way I can make the CPU competitive is by turning all my sliders down to 0.

2. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

You ARE the ONE ........ Neo

[​IMG]

Since the patch the CPU has been saucen me heavy, I wish I had that problem.

3. CalebMackie

Hahah I had a feeling with this title I was gonna get flak for it

4. CalebMackie

100+ views and 1 comments? Come on guys I am trying to provoke some type of discussion here!

5. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

Yeah, I'm in my third season with the Lions and I smash the CPU on a regular basis on All-Madden. Last night for example, I beat the Vikings 77-7 on default sliders with 7 min quarters. Now, this is after three years of building up my players and it's to be expected that your team will get better with the amount of time and boosts you give your coach and players. I've found that if you play on slow, with a speed threshold of 75, it gives you more of a challenge. Just my opinion, sliders are up to you really. The CPU AI seems flawed if you get consistent pressure so it's almost an exploit on my part.

6. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

i'm willing to bet because most of us don't play the computer all that often.

• Like Like x 1