AM Loser's Lounge (Special Edition)

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Jayrah, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

I had to rebuild it, it had to be done. This edition of the LL has to be Special Edition and you'll see why after post 1.

2. Jayrah

The Northwestern O-line is in a class by itself. Costing me yet another game, they gave up 10 sacks for the 3rd time this year against SC. The final sack and dagger came with 8 seconds to go as we were down 3 from the Trojan 24 and a TO remaining. Out of FG range I made it 2 steps into my SG dropback before I tried to heave it up to avoid an 11th sack, and low and behold I was hit for the umpteenth time and the ball fell immediately to the turf to end it. My C gave up 5 sacks and at least 5 other hurries, and he (Sr) and the RG (Jr) have given up 15 and 11 sacks respectively as 87 and 86 rated players.

My O-line has given up what has to be an NCAA Record 55 sacks through just 7 GAMES! SEVEN!!!!!!!!! For reference Cheez has the next worse sacks given up at 23. TWENTY THREE!!!!

Needless to say, my C has been replaced by a 69 rated Freshman and my RG has been replaced by a 73 rated Sophomore. The irony is that Watkins is 2nd in the country right now in passing! Because of that we are 3-4 and should be at least 4-3 if not for my O-line. I can only think it should be even better than that if we were down near 23 sacks like everyone else.

Guys you better be happy here in the LL cuz you'll never see the field again.

Sadface :(

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Can my d-line chill with your o-line?

4. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

And how about your QB? I hear he likes to throw pick-sixes and hit his lineman on the head with the ball :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Jayrah

Have you played Michigan yet, their line was unreal.

6. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I didnt think so..... I housed them in their stadium

7. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Well against me, Gray was running for his life. Gray had 27 carries, 11 of those were sacks. I don't know how many designed runs I called, but there was a lot of no one is opening or they just tried to sack me I am taking off. Based on my rankings of my last three opponents' D-Line.

1. Michigan 11 sacks
    2. Purdue-6 sacks, Purdue pressure killed me in overtime
    3. School Girls
    4. Illinois- Cheez you need a pass rush. The Illini defensive front seven cannot be that bad.

8. Wyrmreaver

I think I just jumped all over the Wolverines.... it should have been a tougher game, I threw 23 passes and was sacked only once

9. Wyrmreaver

Also, in fairness.... Stanford sacked me like 8 times

10. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

he's sitting in a lounge in hell after i murdered him following my loss to you ;)

11. Jayrah

Yes I did. Got truck-sticked the entire game. Of course, with my line, it's been one jailbreak after another, so Michigan was just "on the avg" against me. :D

Again, my 2 major problems have been replaced and hopefully we will build a better tomorrow with young guys playing.

12. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Sorry to butt in here.....

I'm NU in the E and man 9 seasons in I still haven't been able to recruit a decent OL. It's entirely the one thing that holds the program back. It sucks putting these guys on the front lines in the low 70's with pass block strength and footwork ratings in the 70's. They get absolutely abused! So I feel your pain.

Carry on.

13. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    My whole line at NU is above 85.

What prestige are you?

14. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

We're only in year 2 because of the restart so it's mostly real players.

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I lost to Cheez ... for the 700th time this version. So here i sit, at the bar with my head down :(

• Like Like x 2
  16. Jayrah

7 or 8 more sacks against PSU in death valley. A 17-14 game at half turned into a nightmare and it didn't stop till PSU had scored 51 second half points. I don't know what I need to order, but it needs to be really strong. :oops: And get some for my defense too.

• Like Like x 1