AM Power Rankings

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Kapono, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

After Midnight
    Following Week 3
    1. Oklahoma State- Heisman hopeful Clint Chelf has led the Cowboys to a 3-0 start, winning a key user game on the road vs. Oregon.
    2. West Virginia- With a solid defense, WVU has been able to win low-scoring games against Oklahoma and Washington.
    3. Stanford- Rebounded from their Texas loss by shutting out SMU. How much does that mean? We'll find out week 6, when they face Washington.
    4. UCLA- It's tough to put them this high, after almost losing to Nevada and knowing who their head coach is, but they won a game on the blue field.
    5. Arizona- Arizona's defense has won them 3 games as Arizona leans on Heisman hopeful Ka'Deem Carey. Winning at Texas was huge last week. TCU comes into town this week, followed by 2 bye weeks.
    6. TCU- TCU is 2-0. They've beaten North Texas and a somewhat decent Texas Tech team. We'll know more about them after they play at Arizona.
    7. Texas- Texas sits at 2-1 after winning at Stanford and following it up with a loss at home vs. Arizona. They won't have much competition over the next few weeks.
    8. Washington- Washington beat South Carolina handily in week 1 but looked pretty bad at WVU. They'll look to rebound vs. USC but the O-Line will need to make some adjustments.
    9. Oregon- The fans were not happy at home, when Oregon lost to OK State in a good game. There's a bye week this week, so the uneasiness of post-Chip Kelly Oregon will linger around.
    10. Cal- Some gave up on Cal after their blowout loss at OK State, but they rebounded with a huge upset vs. Ohio St. It's tough to say where this team will end up with a tough schedule coming up.
    11. SMU- It looked bad for the ponies last week, getting shut out by Stanford. Luckily, they are 1-1 and have a legitimate shot at upsetting UCLA this week. They had 110 total yards against Stanford.
    12. Boise State- They barely escaped Fresno and only scored 9 points vs. Recchem, giving them the 12 spot.

• Like Like x 2
  2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im not even sure how to take that comment :sneaky:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Haha

4. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Even I was offended. Lol

5. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

To be clear, Washington looked as bad as possible, while losing to a top ten team on the road, by way of failed 2pt conversion going for the win in the last 10 seconds.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I can't argue with my last place spot....

7. Dru50

Maybe I should just abandon the forward pass like some have...;)

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Circles the Arizona game on the calendar :)

9. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Ya I could've picked UCLA, I don't think their fans like me

10. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Stanford is too high.

11. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

That would put UCLA at 3?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cheez

I guess.... I just know that Stanford is in bad shape.

13. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

We should both jump you with wins in our user games this week... or sail off to a 7-5 season lol

14. Cheez

I have a feeling that Stanford will be lucky to be better than .500

15. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

I beat Stanford, so therefore I get to jump him to.

Without magic help.

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Oh stop it Dru!

17. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Haha aren't you about 90 overall?

18. Cheez

Boise would crush this team.

ratings dont matter when your line refuses to block.

19. Dru50

Sounds like me vs Cheez would be the completely resistable force (Stanford offense) vs the easily moveable object (my defense).

• Like Like x 1
  20. Cheez

My 2 backs rushed for roughly 50 yards combined vs. @MexiRican on about 35-40 carries (before our game got disconnected with 1:27 to play in the fourth)

21. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

After Midnight

1. West Virginia (^) - They beat Oklahoma St. at home and easily beat Cal on the road last week. They're 5-0 through a brutal schedule and it looks like the schedule won't get too much easier. Winning out will be difficult for WVU who still has tests with SMU, TCU, Texas, and FSU.

2. Oklahoma State (v) - A loss at West Virginia damages OK State's Nat. Title hopes. They travel to SMU this week, and if they win, gameday should be in Stillwater for a matchup with TCU. The passing yards and +7 turnover margin is impressive.

3. TCU (^) - TCU put themselves on the map, winning 3 straight user games. They run for 232 yards a game and put up over 40 points a game. After a bye, they face another brutal 3-game user stretch against #11 OK State, #10 Texas, and #3 WVU. Good luck (y).

4. Washington (^) - WGW is back to his winning ways with the Huskies. 3 nice wins lead them to a huge matchup with Oregon. The defense is solid, but stopping the Ducks will be no easy task.

5. Texas (^) - Texas didn't do anything too notable since the last rankings, just shutting out Texas State and Iowa St. They have the talent and after a bye week, we'll see how long this defense can keep that shutout streak going.

6. Oregon (^) - Oregon looks like they may be just fine after those 2 early non-conference losses. A home loss vs. Washington this week would be a huge blow. Somehow, Thomas ran for 334 yards vs. Colorado last week.

7. UCLA (v) - UCLA's defense had a lot of holes in it when they lost to SMU, giving up 400 yards passing. They were able to pick up a conference win at Utah this week and will the the road again to face Cal. They have potential so future matchups with Cal and Stanford will be key in winning the Pac-12 South.

8. Arizona (v) - Arizona lost to TCU, giving up 458 yards of offense. They had a 2-week break before facing USC on the road. 3 CPU away games await in USC, Utah, and Colorado.

9. Stanford (v) - We're starting to believe Cheez that Stanford isn't what it used to be. They squeaked by Washington State and got beat by Washington at home. After a bye they travel to UCLA in what will be a make-or-break game of the season. They are 102nd in the country in scoring offense at 20.4 ppg.

10. SMU (^) - The offense showed sign of life as they beat UCLA, but they schedule may be too tough for SMU. They lost at #4 TCU and face top ranked OK State and WVU at home the next 2 weeks. An exiting few weeks of football for Dallas, SMU would probably be happy to split the 2 games.

11. Cal (v) - Cal's season may be slipping away. Currently on a 2-game slide, they face a test with UCLA this week. A win puts them in the conference title picture, but a loss could mean a scramble for a bowl game.

12. Boise State (-) - It's not looking good in Boise as they sit at 1-3 heading towards the middle of October. The schedule is difficult, and 5-0 Kansas comes into town this week. This is a must-win for Boise, despite KU being 5-0, they aren't anything special.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  22. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Slipping is a legit thought. Being gone for up to 8 of my season games just kills me!

23. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

#10 sounds just about right for SMU. Our goal this season is to finish at or above .500 and increase the talent level of the team.

24. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

After Midnight
    Following Week 9
    1. West Virginia (-) - WVU continues their roll beating teams with ease. They have a few tough games remaining, including TCU and Texas, but an undefeated season is in reach.

2. Washington (^) - Beating Oregon almost handed Washington the Pac-12 North title at just 3-0 in conference. The schedule from here on is very easy with the toughest game being UCLA at home. At #11, Washington is a dark horse in the National Championship picture.

3. TCU (-) - TCU looked to be among the best in the country and they proved it in beating OK State handily in Stillwater. But the loss to Texas was unexpected and hurts a lot.

4. Oklahoma State (v) - The loss to TCU was a huge blow, putting them at 2-2 in conference, after already losing to WVU who should take the North division. They should still be able to finish strong at 10-2.

5. Arizona (^) - Arizona beat 3 CPU teams on the road, with the defense allowing just 24 points total. The schedule picks up with 4 consecutive home games: Cal, UCLA, WaSU, and Oregon.

6. Texas (^) - Nobody was happy in Texas following their home loss to Boise St. who'd looked terrible to that point.They rebounded big-time beating #2 ranked TCU. Nobody really knows what to expect from Texas, losing to the teams they should beat, and winning when we don't expect it.

7. Stanford (^) - Stanford's hopes seemed to be lost earlier in the season, but this team still looks to have life in it. They held UCLA to 10 points and face Colorado this week before a big matchup with Oregon.

8. UCLA (v) - UCLA lost in a low-scoring game to Stanford despite allowing only 224 yards of offense. They have to travel to Arizona and Washington in weeks 11 and 12. The matchup with Arizona will be huge in deciding who will face Washington in the Pac-12 title game.

9. Oregon (v) - Oregon dropped its 3rd game of the season, this one at home vs. Washington. The schedule isn't getting any easier and their hopes at winning the division were dashed with the loss.

10. Boise State (^) - Boise somehow won 3 straight games and they beat Texas at Texas. They're 4-3 and everything is looking a lot better, except they do have to face OU in Norman next week with the no-huddle cheese offense.

11. SMU (v) - Nobody blames SMU for losing to WVU and OK State, but they looked bad at home allowing 101 points in the 2 games. Sitting at 3-4, SMU is hoping for a bowl berth, which should happen with 5 CPU games coming up.

12. Cal (v) - Cal's season is just got worse with that loss to Arizona St. at home. At 4-5, they still have Arizona, USC, and Stanford on the schedule. They can still make a bowl, but this season's just about done.

25. Dru50

Boise will be dropping after OU scored easily on 6 of their 7 possessions last night.