Amazing Win

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by MaizeGrenade, Jul 21, 2010.

1. MaizeGrenade

MaizeGrenade Go Blue

Amazing Win

Default Heisman Sliders(except slow and 35 threshold). Playing as MTSU against Ohio, I had a huge lead but since the MTSU playbook is terrible(no ace or I) I couldn't bleed the clock since I couldn't run or complete passes on those crucial third downs so they came back to take the lead 35 - 31 with twenty seconds left in the 4th.

I get the ball, get a deep pass play to get me to the 20, penalty on the next play drops me back. Two seconds left on the clock and then this happens.

[YOUTUBE]X_l9USR2QlA[/YOUTUBE]

Crazy catch by my receiver for the win. It cuts off really quick at the end because of bad EA replays but can't believe he kept his foot in.

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    ha i like how the receivers work the sidelines now...good stuff man!

3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

great catch...!!!

4. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I would've been pumped.

Nice play.

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

God this game is so much better this year.

6. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Sweet catch. Gotta love the sideline catching this year. Last year they would never keep their feet in and they would sort of just glide lol

7. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

am I the only one with a problem with the sprinting towards the sideline? It was a 2 man rush and the pocket wasn't even collapsing. Worse being it was done to win the game. But that is my opinion. Good grab by the receiver though.

8. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

agreed

9. MaizeGrenade

MaizeGrenade Go Blue

Yeah the replay was more about the receiver making the catch than what the QB was doing. Sometimes(once or twice a game) for me it is just a reflex to scramble outside to line up a throw to a certain side and with all the pressure the CPU was getting on me in this game(about five sacks and eight or nine hit as I throw) the scramble reflex just kicked in. Finally, the scramble didn't really affect the corner at all since he just got flat out beat.

So, just saying that in case you think I am a cheeser or unsim from one play.

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Don't throw stones in a glass house

11. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Receiver had a great catch, and i don't make any assumptions off of one play. The only real problem I have with the play, is that is was for the win. The scramble does affect the angle of the ball thrown, so the scramble does affect the pass regardless if the corner was beat. Don't want to make a big deal about it, just want to state what I thought was wrong. Was this a CPU or a User game that was being played?

12. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

? please elaborate

13. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Here is an amazing(Lucky) grab of my own

[YOUTUBE]R37KMPJs5K0[/YOUTUBE]

14. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I beat this guy in a non TF dynasty game 6-3 (lol). I was Arrrrrrr--Kansas and he was gawwwwwww--ga. Anyway on the last play of the game he did exactly what you did. He sprinted towards the sideline and lined his QB in straight line with the CB and Wr. Then, while the play was in the air, he switched to the WR and tried to jump over my CB's head and snatch the ball at the back of the endzone. Rather than go for the ball, I tackled him out of bounds before his feet touch the ground...So it was like a force out...

So there is a way to to stop that play...whether its cheese or not....lol

15. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I'll send you a PM once I get off work

16. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Yeah that sprint ruined the whole play for me.

Congrats on the win though

17. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

You are not wrong in what you did. Watch any game IRL where a team is behind with time for only one play on the clock. The QB is going to move away from the OL/DL to buy time to look at all his options. It's just instinct, plain and simple. Whether they're only rushing the DL or not, the QB will move away from the action and give himself time to read. Any QB sitting back in the pocket with one play left will likely get sacked because it takes longer for deep plays to develop.

Now, if you did this 10 times a game, unless it was a designed play, yeah, it's cheesy. Any time late-game scenario, the QB is gonna do what it takes to try to win.

18. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I disagree with you on that statement.

All good though.

19. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

happens all the time on the last play of a game in real life... the QB doesn't want to even take a chance on getting sacked, so they move to open space. I didn't see anything wrong with that play at all.... as long as that isn't the standard mode of operation during the rest of the game i don't see any issue..

geez some of you guys need to chill out calling people out... lighten up

20. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Last play type of thing, I have seen QB's many times roll to get away from the pressure. That being said, most of the time, that is when there is pressure. 2 men being blocked by 5 isn't pressure.

Mike

21. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Can we say Doug Flutie!!?

[youtube]q3ykWbu2Gl0[/youtube]

Granted he did have one guy get close, but he took a pretty deep step back that some of you guys would call cheese.. Remember --> Sim is what translates to real life

22. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

65 yards is a gun, especially out of a guy that doesn't cover 2 yards laying down. And yes, that is one I was thinking of. He rolled right into the pressure and was forced to scramble.

Mike

23. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

just rolling out by itself isn't unsim. and doing it a few times a game isn't unsim either. in college and the NFL teams will do something similar as part of their strategy for avoiding a big rush.

it becomes unsim when you're doing it constantly and hoping to screw with the defensive AI. in older versions of the game it was more of an issue because you could roll out, stop on a dime and throw a 70 yard strike to a receiver.

24. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Peyton Manning stays in the pocket and throws the game winner like a REAL MAN

haha

25. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I guess I am a little bit more critical than others. I totally agree that it does happen in real life and isn't un-sim if its not done all the time. My only problem is guys doing these things in user games when the the game is on the line, otherwise I don't care.