Amazon Madden 25 Promo / When does the league start?

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by LLCoolGrey, Aug 23, 2013.

1. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

Hey guys - I think i'm going to give in and get the Madden special edition on Amazon and get the free NFL Ticket.

My question is when you are planning on starting the league? CHUNKNESS

Release day shipping is $3.99 extra for some reason - and my free two day shipping gets it to me on Thursday Aug 29th. Are we planning on starting Tuesday? Or will there be some buffer time to play with the game before starting officially.

2. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

Also - i hope they have HD streams for NFL ticket. Would be crap if its terrible feeds lol

3. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

I'm hoping for a delay in starting I may not be able to pick the game up until Friday.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

Do you have to DirecTV to get the NFL ticket for your computer??

5. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

I'm sure we won't start right away. Doesn't even look like we'll be through the team picking process by that first week. Plus the question, "do we want to wait for the first roster release", always comes up as well.

• Like Like x 2
  6. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

Yes you have to have an account I went thru this stuff last year.

7. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

I thought I read that you don't have to have DirecTV in order to get the NFL Ticket on your computer or tablet. The whole point of it being online is for the people that can't get Directv

8. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Of course we can't start right away...We have to take a look at the copy and address all pertinent league issues... We have to test out features/functions and decide on what is best for the league. Team Selection will occur firmly though when the game releases.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

As I understand it you have to go through a really big process of PROVING that you cannot get Direct TV service b/c it is not available in your area...or b/c you have low lying trees that wont allow for satellite service. Basically they make it impossible for you, if you do not have Direct TV.

Direct TV are scam artists...I hate dealing with them, I"ve had numerous jaw dropping bad experiences with them. I had them for 5+ years...numerous lies and headaches.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

If you preorder a game from Gamestop already is there a way you can go back and say you don't want to preorder it anymore and get the money back you put down?

11. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

Thanks Michael Overman - I just cancelled that pre-order lol

Yea I'm not trying to have to jump through hoops for that. Ill just pick it up Tuesday.

12. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

Yes just go tell them you wanna cancel the preorder but they will only give you back store credit no cash!

13. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

14. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

LLCoolGrey

I'm in the same boat...now that I'm direct tv Less... I've been looking for a friend of the family to get their online user and password for sunday ticket... I'm looking to pay someone for the usage...maybe throw them 100-150 bucks

15. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

I live in an apartment and we can't get DirecTv. and even if we were allowed to I couldn't because of where the apartment is located.

16. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Just be careful...this article even references the Direct TV scams but doesn't mention them as scams...and saying your landlord won't allow a dish...WONT WORK....TRUST ME

Even if you live in a zipcode that has 25 DirecTV contractors within a mile, you could be renting a house whose landlord refuses to let you mount a dish on the roof. DirecTV is legitimately inaccessible to you in such a case, and it's quite common. You could be a sophomore in a dorm or an 86-year-old man in assisted living. Your computer is unable to derive the truth of these circumstances by your zipcode or IP address, and the NSA is not going to tell DirecTV you could subscribe but you're too cheap to do it.

This guy would be shocked to hear what Direct TV told me....it is nothing like this.

17. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

I hope it does work...it would be a no brainier to buy that at 100 bucks...I anticipate problems with users who do not have direct tv.... You arent just going to call and get a code...as they make it sound...You WILL have to transfer talk to supervisors...and still get nowhere

I wish all best of luck...and hope it works...but I just wanted to be clear about my experiences

18. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I'm bummed because I have had DirecTV the last 10 years. I just moved and there are a million trees around my house so a signal is not possible. Hopefully this works

19. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

DirecTV is a scam in itself I had it a couple years ago and got the free Sunday Ticket for new customers. I called them and told them to disable it because I didn't want to be charged for it the next year but as soon as pre-season rolled around I saw Sunday ticket charges on my bill.

20. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

I am going to have to call DirecTV and see

21. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Do I need a DirecTV subscription to access NFL Sunday Ticket?

No, it's not necessary to have a DirecTV subscription. Each Anniversary Edition includes a code that can be redeemed to access the full 2013 regular season (17 weeks) of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices.

This is listed at amazon...so hopefully it does work...I would feel better about getting money back /credit from Amazon then Direct TV...so that is good at least

22. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

23. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Crap.....now I'm even thinking of just doing it....and then deal with amazon after if it doesn't work

as long as I dont ever have to deal with direct tv

Am i gonna disobey my own advice? crap crap crap

#notsure

But I do know I need a way to watch my Falcons games in Orlando...and not have to rely on the bar

24. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

What does firmly mean? I won't get the game until Tuesday, and won't be able to check it out or play till later that night. Are you expecting a response by noon on Tuesday?

25. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

I'm on the phone with DirecTV and the lady basically said that same quote