An early look at the awards races....

Discussion in 'The Baseline : NBA 2K14 Online Association' started by Dru50, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Sep 13, 2009
    Since some teams are about 1/3 of the way through their season already, here is one man's opinion on the various awards:

1. Lebron James, MIA - Tough to argue his place here, Miami has the best record in the league and Lebron is filling the stat sheet as usual, averaging over 25 points, with nearly 6 boards and 4 assists a night.
    2 (tie). Kobe Bryant, LAL and Kevin Durant, OKC - These two are tied for the league lead in scoring, and their teams are involved in a 3 team tie for 2nd place in the west
    On the outside looking in - guys like John Wall, DeMar Derozan and Carmelo Anthony. They are among the league leaders in scoring but their team success isn't there quite yet.

Rookie of the Year
    1 (tie). Brandon Knight, DET and Ricky Rubio, MIN - How can you argue with these two leading the pack so far? Others may be putting up better stats, but Mr. Knight's team is 2nd in the East and Rubio is leading the surging T-Wolves into 1st place in the West!
    2. Kemba Walker, CHA - Kid is putting up great numbers, but unfortunately he's got very little help around him, so it hasn't translated to W's. Maybe a recent deal with Golden St will turn that around....
    3. Alec Burks, UTA - Alec is leading the Jazz in scoring, but that may not be a good thing on a fairly veteran laden team.

Defensive Player of the Year
    1. Dwight Howard, ORL - Leading the league in rebounding, and averaging 1.6 blocks a 1 steal a game.
    2. Chris Paul, LAC - Leads the league in steals by over 1.5 a game, at 5.6 steals per.
    3. Serge Ibaka, OKC - Leads the league in blocks with 2.6 per game, and averages nearly 9 boards a contest.
    • Like Like x 7
  2. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Feb 10, 2009
    nice writeup man.... i gotta play Lebron tonight.....
  3. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Dec 30, 2009
    Lookin at the Metric Stats....hmmm...Durantula lookin good!