An Inside look into the Georgia Tech's Gameplan!!

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, Sep 2, 2009.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

An Inside look into the Georgia Tech's Gameplan!!

Well looks like we have a resident Bully here at T1. Mogriffjr and GA Tech have not lost a game yet here in NCAA 2010. We all don't like a bully!! Well you beat me you will be exposed!!

I just created an extensive video of the GA Tech vs VA Tech game with a closer look to what worked for GA Tech and what didn't work for GA Tech. Granted this analysis might help the little fucker too but it might also make change his gameplan a bit and allow defenses to be better prepared.

Sony Vegas is churning the video now and at work the video uploads to Youtube in like 5 mins. Once the HD version is ready I will post it here.

Good stuff and just in time for the Miami vs GA Tech game.

[youtube]RS_0lxFXf8A[/youtube]

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

If I was JR Rawlins I would post an eating popcorn gif right this second.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Video has been uploaded to youtube.....going to the gym when I come back hopefully the video is processed in HD!

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    :) my boy JMS :)

what's funny is I just recently implemented the passing aspect more into my offense out of the fleXbox One, giving me even more flexibility to my offense...can't wait to see what u come up with! :)

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

[youtube]RS_0lxFXf8A[/youtube]

Video is live, discuss after.........

6. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

7. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

I don't think i've seen anybody as wide open in this game as GT's WR is at the 2:20 mark. Guy literally doesn't have anybody within 20 yards of him.

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Thats b/c i took control of the SS and fell for the fake...once I noticed pass I stopped and should have keep going after the QB...instead I took stake in no mans land doing spin o ramas!(y)

9. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

not trying to ruffle any feathers but..

6. Running your QB around in the backfield then throwing the football should be limited to when you are being pressured out of the pocket. Scrambling outside and running around or up to the line of scrimmage right before your throw is not straight gameplay and should be avoided as a tactic in your offense. I understand that plays breakdown and sometimes you have to do what you have to do, but keep in mind that intentionally doing it will be frowned upon.

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

My analysis of this Mogriff:

OFFENSE

Mo is a pass happy fool he will run b/c he has the personal and the playbook has some nifty run/option plays. In his heart he wants to pass. Proof of that is that he was leading in the whole 2nd half but he still came out on first down looking for a down the field strike. Therefore playing a pass first defense against will make him try to run more or dink and dunk you. His running skills leave alot to be desired.

Playing SS and FS against him is not a good decision unless you are a stick king. He has too many pass plays out of many different formations. Your best bet is LB or DE. You need to pressure him b/c he doesn't like to take the sack or throw the ball away he would rather heave it down field and rely on his stick skills to out-maneuver you to make a play.

Don't forget to call QB spy every now and then....his QB has wheels and he will use it when you least expect it.

DEFENSE

MO will primarily be the SS or FS. If he smells run he will charge in the hole you want to run in like a pissed off bull. Very frustrating!!! If you have stick skills maybe you can fake him out but this isn't Madden 2002. Maybe try some counters but I feel that is either or 5 yard loss or a 10 yard gain...risky.

Expect a lot of bump and run so if you have good receivers you can burn that and he will stop. I saw alot of 2nd down blitzing. He will mostly cover the middle of the field or one half. Also look for him to straight blitz with the SS or FS...best bet is to dump it a HB/FB or over the top to a streaking WR. If you see him hovering/strafing around in center field don't throw it there, he is a very good user pick player. DON'T TEST HIM!!

I think a solid game play would be to establish a strong running presence and then hit him with the PA Pass. The PA pass will neutralize that crazy SS/FS coming in a stuffing the run. That PA Pass is dangerous b/c if he is blitzing you could find yourself in a 1st and 21 situation. Have your A and B receiver picked out already and hit them quick.

You can definitely burn him deep. His corners are meh but his front 4 and safeties are his main defensive weapons.

Good luck all..........see you next yeah chump!!

My time will come.....

11. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

[​IMG]

12. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

[​IMG]

13. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

[​IMG]

14. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

This thread = instaclassic

15. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

so now do i follow JMS's analysis, or assume Mo is going to read this as well and do the opposite....decisions decisions lol

16. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

This is the dilemma......will he change his gameplan (which has him winning every game so far?) or will he stick with his best and if you can beat it then he will take the loss like a man.

What will he do........or what will Juggs do? NCAA becomes more of a game of chess!

17. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

This might help my gameplan in The Deuce.

18. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Problem is Mo comes into MY justin.tv chat room and says

"Would have been nice to finish the first game we played heh?" (the game I was winning 21-14 and driving b4 halftime)

This is his reward.

P.S.
    This is all in good fun my friend.....never take me serious

19. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I just watched the video.

Mo you are simply the luckiest fucking guy in this game. your luck will run out. At some point a pass isn't going to go through a hand. At some point all those batted passes will turn into at least a couple of interceptions. At some point a fumble will be recovered by the other team!

It's just that NONE OF THAT happened in this game.

And also... why are we T1 always the second-class citizens, how come you can't show up at the time you say cuz you're playing Madden? we thought you loved us mang! :D

20. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Even with all that happening.....I still could have won that game. I lost that game!!! Thats why I was so mad after losing!!:mad:

21. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah it's pretty frustrating just watching it. All the tenets of solid defense are there but your guys just weren't making the right plays man. From a team that finished dead last in D last year you guys played pretty well and should have had at least 3-4 turnovers that just didn't happen there. Quite strange.

And that fahking Shaw, he can break 18 tackles behind the LOS then throw a perfect pass 50 yards downfield. I wonder if the real Jaybo Shaw can even throw a football 45 yards!?

22. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Here he puts every ounce of his being into it and gets 40 yards outta that arm. lol

[youtube]MbJf4aWfNN4[/youtube]

23. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Miami crowd is going to be rowdy...watch for flying bottles or bullets.

What year is his QB??? Squiggly lines?

24. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

That 88 yard TD was a nice throw there......

25. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah Paul Johnson is truly a mastermind. I watched the Midshipmen a couple of times when they came to the poinsettia Bowl and boy they can really confuse a defense, it was just up and down the field. and you can do it with even more "common" personnel than you can run the passing/running spreads with.... I always wondered what it would be like when he took that show to a bigtime school like Ga Tech