An Update From The Commissioner

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by LtJustice, Dec 4, 2013.

1. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Hey Guys,

I wanted to take a moment to talk about my situation past and present, and how it has affected my participation in the league. Let me preface this by saying, I am not stepping down or anything like that, just to be clear up front. But I know there may be a perception by some that I have been less active than I would typically be, and I cannot disagree. So I wanted to take the opportunity to address those concerns.

As many of you know, I started a new job in automotive sales not long after deciding to start The QSF. Going into it, I didn't realize just how little free time I would be left with after the long hours of the job; but I was determined to put in the time an attempt to grow in the business. Quite honestly; if I was aware, or had started the job before starting The Q, I may have decided against running the league at all. As the pressure to get a foothold in this new environment increased, I found myself with less and less time for recreational activities. I knew I was slacking in my duties here, as both a leader and member, but obviously my professional life took precedent. Unfortunately, earlier this week, I was relieved of my duties at the car dealership. While I was well aware of my own struggles, the move was very much unexpected.

With the shock of losing my job 3 weeks before Christmas staring me dead in the face, I am scrambling to put together some semblance of a plan. But I want everyone to know that I am not sharing this for the sake of getting pity, but rather so my family here understands where I am at in my personal life. As I said, I have no intention of throwing in the towel, but I hope everyone can understand if I am a little distracted at times.

I know my situation is nowhere near unique and things could always be worse, so I am still thankful for what I do have. But I believe that everything happens for a reason, and hopefully this will lead to a bigger and better opportunity for me.

While the state of our league here pales in comparison to our well being in our personal lives, I felt like you guys deserved an explanation as to where I am currently at in mine. I want to again personally thank my co-commissioner Michael for all of his help with the league. I also want to give a huge thanks to Doug for taking on so much responsibility to keep things running smooth. I don't know what I would do without you guys.

Also, a big thank you to all of you guys that keep churning out quality content. You guys are the lifeblood of our league!

Alright, enough of my sob story; Madden is supposed to be our getaway from all of this crap! ;)

Long live The Q!

~Jim
    QSF Commissioner

• Like Like x 9
  2. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

Prayers to you and your family during this difficult time.

• Like Like x 4
  3. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Minor setback for a major comeback LtJustice

• Like Like x 4
  4. CSteud

CSteud Walk On

Ditto to what the guys above ^^ said. Tough news, sorry Jim!

• Like Like x 4
  5. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

You know where to find me. That goes for anyone and everyone. If Jim is not available and you need something for the league, do not hesitate to contact Michael or me. Good luck Jim!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Easy Dez It

Easy Dez It Walk On

Hoping for a quick resolve to your personal situation Jim !

• Like Like x 3
  7. heathh

heathh Walk On

Hey Jim, prayers are with you my friend! I wish I would have known. I did car sales for 5 months and even tho I'm not in sales anymore I'm still at a Chevrolet dealership as a Service Advisor. I transferred for better hours. I've been in service for almost 4 yrs now.

If you want to continue down that path at another dealership and there is any advice I can offer Im willing to help! I loved sales, Just not the hours.

I also did Route sales for 6 years with Budweiser and Redbull maybe you can look into going that route.

Always willing to chat so just hit me up!

Good luck!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

long live the Q. Keep your head up and if your the jim i know youll find a way and youll come out on top. Good luck in the hunt bud!

• Like Like x 4
  9. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Definitely thinking about you and yours Jim...we are all friends and here for you. It is painfully obvious with the way you carry yourself in this league and daily life, that you have "it". So keep your head up and I have no doubt that things will fall into place for you.

Best of Luck.

• Like Like x 4
  10. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Sorry to hear about the job loss, man. Hopefully you can land on your feet somewhere soon. My pops was in car sales for a little while and those hours were brutal. If you don't put in 10+ hours on the lot, you aren't banking that much. Good luck bro.

• Like Like x 2
  11. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Jim you nailed it on the head...everything happens for a reason. Im convinced better things are ahead. I experienced the same situation 3 months ago...so i feel ya in that aspect. Just be happy you have your health, family, the Browns and the Q :)

Your right...this is a get away and you sure as hell have a family here. If you ever need anything like Doug said, feel free to reach out brotha.

• Like Like x 3
  12. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Come on James, at least say something positive :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

• Like Like x 3
  13. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

figured a hint of humor was appropriate. besides...the Brownies are'nt that bad this year.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

Sorry to hear that Jim, keep your head up im sure u will find something better soon. Like u said everything happens for a reason...

Now when ever u can pls lose a game so we can make the race in the NFC WEST a little tighter.

• Like Like x 2
  15. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Now go work for a real car company, I heard Chrysler is hiring...:)
    Wish there was something I could do to help, Jim. I sincerely mean that.
    If there is anything at all, let me know...

• Like Like x 2
  16. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Mugga

Just a recent update provided by Jim...