And I thought I had seen everything in this game...

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by jello1717, Mar 21, 2010.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

And I thought I had seen everything in this game...

I'm curious if anyone else has seen this happen. I've been playing NCAA '10 nonstop for 8 months and this is the first time I've ever seen this before.

Has anyone seen a HB toss get intercepted before? I'm not talking about option pitches where you physically press the "pitch" button. I'm talking about normal HB tosses where the QB receives the snap and then automatically tosses it to the HB. I just had that happen to me in my offline dynasty against Indiana and I was shocked.

This is against the CPU so there is no run commit cheese or anything like that. Again note that this is a normal (albeit it SG) HB toss that happens automatically and not an option pitch where I personally made a stupid choice and pushed the "pitch" button.

I just thought it was interesting since this is the first time I've ever seen this happen.

Has anyone else seen it before?

I don't see the embedded youtube option for the forum anymore so here's the link to it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glTdwHs64WE

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

actually yea, I ran a big twins ace sweep and the DE or DT came free and as the QB tossed it he caught it and ran for a TD. In Southern Exposure my first year I believe

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah just ask old rynoaid....jfosh intercepted one on justin.tv....funny stuff.

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I told you that's why I don't run them out of the spread playbooks.

5. jello1717

Wow. I've played 139 games combined in my online and offline Michigan dynasties and I've used this playbook for about 90% of those games. I run the toss play probably 3 times per game so that's roughly 375 times that I've run that play (from various formations) in dynasty games and this is the first time I've had this happen.

I guess it'll be another 375 times before it'll happen again so I'll run it 374 more times and then I'll stop calling it.

(That's basic statistics at it's finest right there!)

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yes, that happened to me once recently.

7. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

welcome to my world... if it's makes you say "wow, that's fucked up... poor guy" you must be watching me play.

8. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I don't care what anybody says, the CPU uses Run Commit. And Pass Commit, and all gameplanning features. It is blatant sometimes. Turn on quiz the QB and throw a couple of interceptions. Look at the play graphics. Some of them I have seen 9 guys blitzing, and the 2 CB's in man coverage. I know the defensive PB's pretty well, and I don't remember seeing that play in there. That is a run commit play. they also love using the short zone feature. Works great for them a lot of times, not so much for the user though.

Mike

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

The CPU definately doesn't use run commit. You'll know if it's run commit easily w/o quiz the qb.

However, the D does magically know everytime where you are going to run the ball. Ex) they shift their entire D line and LBs to the left when you call a stretch left play lol!

10. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I don't know about the run commit, but I know the CPU is a big fan of the aggressive DLine gameplan option. I think it shows '+5 jump the snap' on every CPU defensive play in my games.

Although I have also seen the play H22 referred to in his post, where the CPU blitzes all 3 LB's and both CB's from a 4-3 set, leaving only 2 safeties to cover the whole field. I had the CPU run that play on me twice vs a 5 wide set in a game last season in the Trifecta, I guess that's what the CPU goes to when the 'engage 8' play just isn't enough pressure.:p

11. jello1717

The CPU definitely doesn't use run commit. They do use a lot of aggressive D-line (as well as other gameplanning features) which causes them to get off the line quickly, but they don't use run commit. The best description of run commit is that @ the beginning of the play, everyone on the defense moves left/right/center as though they all have a rocket shoved up their asses. It's really, really, really obvious when the defense has used run commit.

12. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

I actually pulled this off a few months ago, decided to blitz my LB off the edge and the next thing i know the ball is in my hands and im running down the field for a TD lol