1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Featured Announcement And...we're back.

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Shaun Mason, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Hello old friends,

Last evening, Drifterbub , BobJr and myself got together to discuss our plan for TSO going forward. I thought that I would start a thread to let everyone know that we are going to move forward reinvesting our time and resources into this site and other endeavors.

To that end, we have a couple of announcements.
    1. We have created a Slack group to host community discussion. We hope that everyone remembers the fun of discussing games, sports, and life with the people in this community. The chat is invitation based, so if you would like to join, please post below. Note, we can create specific channels for interests, like for a league, or to organize FIFA events, etc.
    2. We intend to start producing a podcast focused on content generated by TSO members, as well discuss the overall community, gaming, etc. If you've ever played in a group chat with any of us, think that, but more topical.:)
    3. We plan to start organizing the media you folks generate to help promote the leagues that are here. In the past, creating media was a time consuming process, but now EVERYONE here has the ability with a few simple clicks on the console of their choice. What we want to do is drive people to watch you guys. I know we have some personalities here, we want to help shine the light on you.
    In addition to that:
    1. We want to give you more than just a community. We want to give you the tools, leadership guidance and connections to make your hobby fun and stress free.
    2. Everything we do is for you. There is no community without you guys.
    Personally, I would be heartbroken to lose the many connections I've made over the years here. At times managing TSO was stressful, but that was because we focused on divisiveness instead of inclusion.

Our Mission
    We want to be a destination on the internet that you seek out because it is a pleasure to be involved in.

Now, my question to you: What can we do to to achieve that goal?

Short Term Plan

• We would like to start pulling together the content you are streaming. I'm looking at you TMFL and Hard Knocks. We want to get the word out.
    • Come join us in Slack, we miss you. ;)
    We have the resources to do anything you guys request, please leave any comments, suggestions or ideas below.

Shaun

• Like Like x 12
  2. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

I am in sign me up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Well this news just made my day! I'm lowkey still in the HK slack team, so if anyone in there can shoot me an invite to the TSO team, I'd greatly appreciate it!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Good news is good news. I'm not doing much content wise these days as nobody watches my streams so I don't feel like doing them or videos anymore (El Gato HD60 for sale BTW) & death of NCAA put a damper on the cool content we use to have. Well that's my feelings, not speaking for anyone else.

I'm willing to help if I can , not necessary to include me on any slack chats though. I'm not a fan of slack so far with my brief experience with it. DM here is good , I don't think my tags have been alerting me here.

Hope all is well in HK & any other leagues we still have going here at TSO.

5. QuietStorm

QuietStorm TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Great to see and hear!

I'll take a slack invite and ensure all TMFL members are made aware as well. Drifterbub and I kicked around the live broadcasting thing, it'll be cool to see that launch.

qui3tstorm@gmail.com

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

7. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

8. xSavedByGraceo

xSavedByGraceo Walk On

9. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

10. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

11. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
  12. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

13. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

On the Suggestions front..... I think that it should be quicker and easier for people to simply join the site. Rather than having a new person have to fill out an application and wait for it to be reviewed and approved, how about letting them join the site pain free and then leave it to the commissioners to screen them for a league? This way guys can get on the site right away and start talking to people. This idea may not be popular, but I know from experience that when I had to go off site to try and recruit new people for my league it was a pain to get them approved and on the site which was ultimately a turn off for them and led me to eventually running my league on Slack exclusively.

• Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

16. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    When we started the application endeavors it was because commissioners on the site had no idea how to screen members. Taking the first person that signed up wasn't a good process to achieve what we wanted to do. As cumbersome as it seems now, at the peak of TSO it was a gate that kept a lot of garbage out.

To your point, this process might not be needed anymore. I think the barrier to entry for some leagues should be dictated by the commissioner/council for that league and I believe that now commissioners that have been here a while have a good understanding of what that might entail. When we mention "tools" above, this is some of the things we are putting in that bucket.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:

This is part of the vision that I've had for a while and I think it will be a backbone of how we move forward.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

19. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I disagreed with Wyrm's point but I guess if we're not getting flooded with random folks anymore maybe it's no longer necessary to fill out the apps. I was going to offer to help process the new apps or anything else that would be helpful.

That said feel free to approve the asshat I warned you about then I guess. :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

What about utilizing the new groups feature through Xbox? Any potential there?

21. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Everyone who posted an email has been invited.

22. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Link me, I have no idea what you are talking about...I haven't turned my Xbox on in 6 months lol.

23. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

Wow, loved this site, especially in my old ncaa days, man, so many familiar screen names too, im in

24. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  25. Craig

Craig Walk On