And Your 2010... BCS National Champions..

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by DreSmithJr, Oct 8, 2010.

1. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

And Your 2010... BCS National Champions..

[​IMG]

"The USC Trojans Win The BCS Championship After Beating Alabama 37-17"

" The Trojans of Southern California came into the BCS Title Game under lots of doubt with lots of the country believing that it should of been TEXAS in the title game. So with that in mind, the Trojans and Coach DreSmith Jr came out with 1 goal in mind.. LEAVE NO DOUBT... and thats EXACTLY what they did.

The Trojans DOMINATED the first half, scoring 20 points while SHUTTING ALABAMA completely down and out with 0 points. The highlight plays were a 71 yard pass from Matt Barkley (Back from injury right on time ;-)) to Brice Butler for a TD, and a 37 yard INT return for a TD by SS T.J McDonald.

[​IMG]

In the 2nd half, Alabama didn't get in the ENDZONE until the game was over in teh 4th quarter and USC was popping CHAMPAGNE bottles, and putting on CHAMPIONSHIP T-SHIRTS.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Guess free cars and naked girls DO get you national championships. Wisconsin just might have to step their recruiting game up.

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Congrats Dre...it hurts me say it as UCLA fan! Im sure Texas would disagree but hey its the BCS, what are you going to do :)

4. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

[​IMG]

Apparently number baxter thinks your number 2 not number 1. I am inclined to agree.

5. DreSmithJr

[​IMG]

6. MexiRican35

its better then letting the cpu win the ship, i guess...

7. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

not really what I was getting at. That spot in the title game should have been Mine. EA's BCS blows as much as the real BCS.

8. MexiRican35

True story. But, I guess it is sim like. Prob would have turned out that way in real life.

9. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I would hope IRL voters would not use strength of schedule before head to head when choosing between two tied teams. If Ohio State had beaten Oklahoma and was also 10-1, then i would understand voters putting USC ahead of Texas based on strength of schedule.

10. DreSmithJr

this thing happens a lot IRL tho.

u think if bama goes undefeated this year and losing to a 1 loss auburn at the end of the year that they will go over.. say Arkansas if they dont lose at all anymore??

i doubt it.

11. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

If there were other one loss schools I would think they would get the nod before either school in the suggested case.

In your suggested case you are implying that the sec champion would be passed over for arkansas. even when Arkansas lost to alabama and alabama won the SEC, you think Alabama would be passed over?

Additionally your example is not particularly valid since I lost week 5 not in my final game of the season.

2007's 2 loss teams competing for championship game, the last team to lose was LSU and they got to play in the national title game.

2000-2001 is probably the only case of a team being passed over for the national title game desite having the same record as the team that got in and beating them. But I think that only happened because there were so many one loss teams that if you went strictly by who beat who, you would end up with someone like washington in the national title game. So the poll voters probably based their ranking more on strength of schedule.

oklahoma was undefeated
    FSU finished second with its only loss to #3 miami
    Miami finished 3rd with one loss to washington
    Washington finished 4th with one loss to oregon
    Oregon State finished 5th with one loss to washington

12. DreSmithJr

eh... aww well.

next year just go undefeated (y)

13. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Too true.

This is a game and the champion is determined by the game. You are the champion.

Congrats, and may it be your only one :)

14. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

FIXED!!!!