*ANNOUNCEMENT* Brooklyn Vikings Ownership Change

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by LtJustice, Feb 9, 2014.

1. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Gentlemen,

We have decided to dismiss Juan as the owner of the Brooklyn Vikings, effective immediately. The decision was made based on what we believe are philosophical differences, in what is acceptable and how we should be governing ourselves, between Juan and league management.

We recently brought some statistical and game play concerns to Juan's attention, hoping to grant him the opportunity to take corrective action. In discussing our concerns with Juan, it became clear that a mutual understanding would not be reached. It was at this time that we decided that Juan's removal was best for the league as a whole.

The determination to remove Juan was made after a discussion among league management, and we took into consideration Juan's entire body of work this release as the owner of the Vikings.

We would like to wish Juan luck on all of his future endeavors, but please remove Juan from your league contact lists accordingly.

A new Vikings owner will be vetted as soon as possible, and we will make an announcement to name them once the process is complete.

~Jim
    QSF Commissioner

Aaron (Hulk_hagen_55 )
    Alex (Ninersfan80)
    Avery (AveryB)
    Carl T. (CTfromDC)
    Chris (CSteud)
    Curtis (thafuture3886)
    Danny (DJDunn6)
    Dave (saintsdave75)
    Doug (CHUNKNESS)
    Eddie (pittrocks43)
    Eric (Easy Dez It)
    Glen (Glen Cieske)
    Heath (heathh)
    James M. (cry_havoc)
    James Y. (Phenom)
    Jeremy (Jeremy)
    Jim (LtJustice)
    Jon (Warhawk AKA dreadman)
    Josh (Josh Barnes)
    Karim (@karim)
    Kris (Coach KO)
    Lawon (MrWitness36)
    Loren (ThaBayouChef)
    Michael O. (Michael Overman)
    Mike A. (Miki1369)
    Moe (CaptMoe)
    Pope (dablakpope)
    Reis (Mugga)
    Rob (PepperNY)
    T.J. (klaximilian)
    Troy (redlishus)

2. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

To my Fellow league members,

Today I was informed that I have been kicked out of QSF for "philosophical differences", thats a new one ...... Below please read the messages exchanged between Jim, Doug, and myself. I believe that this was not merited and the way it went down is total Bull Shit. You can read for your self and reply before this post gets taken down.

Jim you need to look in the mirror a reflect on the person you have become because I will tell you that I have lost all respect for you and the what the "Comish" powers have given you. By the way, if you think its "sim" to collect 4 top 10 picks in every draft and trade draft picks back and forth by all means pat your self on the back.. Ask what the rest of the league really thinks.

I have enjoyed playing besides all of you and hope to stay in touch with you all. Through all the years I have respected all of you and I believe that I had the respect of most of you. With that said..
    I will miss playing against all of you and wish you the best of luck!

Your fellow madden addict....

-Juan

Hey Juan,

As I stated recently in the Week 4 Announcement, we have been taking a close look at some things league wide that give us cause for concern. I wanted to take a moment to address some concerns we have when it comes to your team.

There are really two areas of emphasis that we wanted to bring to your attention and discuss with you:

Individual Players Offensive Stats

I am sure you are well aware that you currently have the leading rusher (AP) and leading receiver (Austin) in the league. Not to mention your QB (Freeman) is in the top 5 for yardage. Now there is nothing wrong with getting good players and featuring them in your offense; but when one team has the top guys in rushing and receiving, and by a healthy margin at that, that starts to look questionable. As I said in my address referenced above, sometimes it falls on the owners to reign things in a little bit. It's the whole thing of; just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

Outside Running With AP

The other thing I wanted to mention is something I believe we have discussed in the past, running to the outside too much. Our concerns here are based on statements from opponents, highlight videos we have seen, as well as just AP's stats in general. I can understand the urge to get to the corner and use AP's speed and physical prowess for big gains as much as possible. But again, as mentioned in my address, we have to make sure that we are mixing up our play calling. Sometimes you gotta just send the guy up the gut, and not just in goal line situations.

I hope you understand where we are coming from with our concerns. We don't want to be the type of league where guys are just getting stats for the sake of stats and being overly concerned about goals and XP. We try to keep everything as balanced as possible, but we need everyone's help to keep things in line.

You are off to a great start this season, we are not trying to take anything away from that, we just needed you to be aware of our concerns so you can hopefully make the necessary changes.

Thanks,

~Jim

Just a couple of things in reply to your concerns

Individual Players Offensive Stats:

AP usually has 100 yards by the 2nd qrt and I could have 200+ yards in more then half my games. As you can see from my videos I run inside it and not with just AP. It so happens that 90% of my scores with AP happen between the LT/LG and RG/RT so thats why you see it alot on my videos. Also, I do run up the middle just as much as between the T/G and not just with AP. I really dont know what I'm supposed to do if AP has over 100 yards by the 2nd qrt. I run outside & inside and I mix my play calls up. I also dont do what I see some of these guys do which is run right for the sideline I either run the DE/LB over or he tackles me since I'm not even attempting to hit the sideline until I'm 10-15 yards past the L.O.S.

Freeman: I'm not throwing deep with him much just a couple of times a game and most of that yardage happens to be to Austin which also is not just lobbing it up he catches a 5-10 yard catch and takes it 60-70. I don't feel like i'm doing anything wrong and this is the first time in this madden release that I even lead the league in passing as I'm not very good at it. People put all their attention to stopping AP which probably leaves them with a suspect secondary. Look at my game vs Rob he was able to contain AP and the entire game was a chess match. Per your previous request (last played season) I'm throwing to all my receivers targeting my #1 WR more and not target my TE as much this season.

I respectfully agree with your concerns just based off stats, but I also respectfully have to tell you that I'm not breaking any rules, I'm not playing unsim ball, and I dont see anything I have to change.

Thank you,

-Juan

Wow. So your response essentially equates to a big F-U.
    Perhaps if you cannot see what the problem is, that in and of itself is the problem.

Maybe it is just a fundamental difference of opinion on what is and is not acceptable in a "sim" environment.

Too many times we have had to CREATE new rules; because what someone was doing was, while not technically against the rules, unacceptable.

I am not thrilled with your response, nor your attitude as it relates to our concerns.

~Jim

First, I want to make one thing clear. We enjoy having you as a member of the league and WANT you to remain a part of the league. That is why Jim is bringing our concerns to your attention.

My take on it is this, Juan. It is apparent that there are specific reasons why AP and Austin have been successful. Just because you can do something doesn't always mean that you should. Jim, Michael and I had each communicated with one another prior to Jim's message to you. Jim spoke for each of us regarding our concerns about your stats and some of the gameplay we are seeing. Reign it in. Even though you are being respectful about it, we are in no position to "agree to disagree". I believe THAT is where we are coming from when we view your reply to be an "attitude" that we are concerned about. We are trying to help you see what we are seeing so that it can be corrected AND you can still remain successful with adjustments.

-Doug

What types of adjustments? It hasn't been clear what rules I'm breaking. I don't like to read in between the lines so please be crystal clear. I'm speculating that you guys are thinking that I'm using the same plays each game over and over well that's just untrue. I run 1 playbook but in none of my games do I use the same exact play more then 2 or 3 times. If you are going off my videos you can't tell what draw, counter, or toss play I run since I don't show What plays I pick and there are more than two of each type of plays in each play book. If its something else you are referring to I think I deserve total transparency, it would save us a lot of time.I wasn't told exactly what you feel is the change needed, Its very difficult to grasp what the problem is when its not clearly stated. Just my point of view on this. hope you understand how it looks from my end of things.

-Juan

Juan,

It looks like we have reached an impasse in our discussion, and has also become abundantly clear that we have philosophical differences when it comes to what is expected and acceptable. As I stated earlier, if you genuinely don't understand why we came to you with this most recent issue, then perhaps that is reason enough to part ways at this time.

With that being said, I regret to inform you that effective immediately you are being removed as an owner in The Q.

A driving force behind our decision, outside of the game play and stat concerns themselves, has been your response when issues were brought to your attention. You have been consistently dismissive and defensive, rather than taking ownership of the problems.

We can not tolerate anyone deciding for themselves what should or shouldn't be allowed, and dismissing our warnings or concerns, and it's not fair to the rest of the league to keep someone around that does so.

As such a long time member of our group, I am truly sorry to see you go.

Take Care,

~Jim

You still didn't tell me what rules I broke!!! That's all I wanted to know and I even used a different play book vs the Falcons to see what your talking about. This is total bull shit Jim and you know it.
    Deciding for themselves?? Are you serious you couldn't pin point what rules I broke because there aren't any. Look at my questions to you that you, clearly ignored to respond since you know damn well there is nothing you could "warn me about" that's within the rules.

I DONT THINK A REMOVAL FROM THE LEAGUE WAS WARRANTED OVER THIS!

Aaron Hulk_hagen_55
    Alex Ninersfan80
    Avery AveryB
    Carl T. CTfromDC
    Chris CSteud
    Curtis thafuture3886
    Danny DJDunn6
    Dave saintsdave75
    Eddie pittrocks43
    Eric Easy Dez It
    Glen Glen Cieske
    Heath heathh
    James M. cry_havoc
    James Y. Phenom
    Jeremy Jeremy
    Jon Warhawk AKA dreadman
    Josh Josh Barnes
    Karim @karim
    Kris Coach KO
    Lawon MrWitness36
    Loren
    ThaBayouChef
    Mike A. Miki1369
    Moe CaptMoe
    Pope dablakpope
    Reis Mugga
    Rob PepperNY
    T.J. klaximilian
    Troy redlishus

• Like Like x 2
  3. LtJustice

I have no problem with sharing the conversation we had, but I merged them into this post as I didn't think it was necessary to have an individual post for them.

Juan Valencia You can stop re-posting it, I didn't delete it, i simply moved it into the relevant thread.

Obviously this was not a decision we came to easily. It was also not a knee jerk reaction based on any single occurrence. We made the decision we felt was necessary and we will move forward.

4. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Ummmm......

5. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

My latest response to the matter...

Time to move forward.

• Like Like x 1
  6. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

Not sure I agree with this.

• Like Like x 3
  7. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

This is absolutely ridiculous. We are removing people now because of stats and no clear rule violations? Are we not allowed to use the best players on the field who we are paying top dollar for?

I understand the misuse of TE but to limit what you do with your rb and #1 WR I just don't get it.

I'm very disappointed in the Leadership we have on this decision.

Stunned

• Like Like x 3
  8. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Yea so branching off of my last post...

Im with Rob and Pope on this one. Clearly im not making a statement that could potentially tarnish my ownership in the league. Im not going to disrespect anyone here...and i firmly mean that. But i think us as owners have fair reasoning to respond to such a matter in our honest opinion. Plain and simple Juan didnt do anything remotely wrong to get booted from the league. He clearly didnt understand what he should do in this situation. This is coming from a guy who has been with us for a long time and hes a solid owner. Literally one of our brothers. And in his first season that hes really ballin out we question his gameplay? Not for nothing, has any owners questioned his gameplay? If so thats a different story. Yes he should spread it out to maybe another WR besides Austin...but to boot the guy. Come on now.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

What you two said has no logic and absolutely no merit. Where are you taking that I was excessively using a player? Like i said you have to look at the game situations and that's almost impossible since you didn't watch the whole game! Both of you have just made a mockery of yourself's and make absolutely no sense its like the blind leading the blind! You would have to get rid of another 3 owners since they are up there in league leading stats!

My lack of understanding? the only person that can understand what they are saying is you and Jim since I haven't been told what exactly I did that was wrong and deserving of being kicked out. Why didn't you pin point exactly what I did that brought you to the conclusion that I was "running excessive plays" I'm done with all this. I'm sure this league will crumble the way its is being managed. Jim keep catering the rules around you and you will wind up with only the CPU to play with. At least when Doug was on board he knew what he was doing. I'm disappointing in Doug and the way he is letting Jim shove his hand up his ass and play you like a puppet.

You can definitely read in between these lines F_ _ K Y _O Jim!

• Like Like x 1
  10. LtJustice

Stay classy Juan.

As for the others that have voiced concern (or those who share the concern and haven't voiced it), I want to reiterate that this was not a decision made solely on one instance or current stats alone. We would be naive to think that that some wouldn't be upset and I would be happy to discuss anyone's concerns directly.

• Like Like x 1
  11. LtJustice

To be perfectly clear, because a few have asked variations of the same question; our concerns were not based on our own observations alone, there have been complaints and there have been previous discussions had.

We had discussed this in great detail with one another and this wasn't just a whimsical decision because an owner was leading stats. If that were the case, we would have removed someone every season.

12. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

I'm classy! It took balls of steel not to tell you off the time we played and you came bitching to me right after we played our game last played season! A commissioner who breaks his own league rules shouldn't be a commissioner, I lost all respect for you after that incident.

That about does it for me.

Thank you to the people that also see why i feel this way and for making their voices heard!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

You need to go back and read your messages...

How are you not kicking me out because of stats?? You never asked about a specific incident, never mentioned any specific play(s), and asked for any kind of proof or evidence. How can you come to the conclusion that i was using someone excessively without just relying on the stats??? You never gave me a leg to stand on all you said was that I had 3 league leaders.. You never gave me any direction or suggestions on to what I should do. This is exactly why i think you are clueless. Come forth with specifics and not hear say and I would have had a clue as to what you wanted.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

Also, isn't what Jim, Doug, Michael do by collecting all the top 1st rounders and trading those picks 5 times each every year excessive? Well that's not against the rules but like you said Doug it doesn't make it right to do it now does it?? Half the league is fed up with it and you guys can't be afraid to speak up.

• Like Like x 1
  15. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

It is clear that you disagree with management's position on this. The current situation compounded with prior transgressions is why the difficult decision was made to move forward with your resignation. That does not mean that we solely made the decision based on the past, but rather, it was based on what we see as best for the future.

For those who disagree with the decision, please understand that the gravity of the situation is more than just what is seen on the surface. Contrary to what some may believe, it is never an easy decision to make as a commissioner, nor is it always understood. Reach out to Jim. Discuss it. Form your opinion, and move forward.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

I can't believe some of the words I've read in this thread. Juan, you had multiple opportunities to be a member of this league. Your choices and decisions and replies led to this. I'm Disappointed to see such personal attacks and lashing out. Your words and actions offer a form of clarity. The lack of respect given to the amount of time and effort that are put in by Doug, Jim, and myself is astounding.

• Like Like x 2
  17. heathh

heathh Walk On

Juan,

I'm sorry, but I can not stand by and let Jim, Michael or Doug take this abuse. I respect you as a person and as a fellow gamer! However, lets be honest. You know that you were not a innocent person, so dont act like it. Do you have our last 4 whole games played? If so I ask you to post them all in there entirety, and not edited! If not please at least our last game. I have bitten my tongue long enough, and I dont want to get into a debate about both of our game plays. Thats why I ask you to post the entire game. I have played you more than anyone in our league besides CSteud, I'm not sure what his take is on your game play but I can tell you that you are not innocent. I'm sure I have my faults to, but I would like to think that I play a very SIM game and to others Im sorry if you feel different.
    There are plenty of times (not the last 2 times we have played) you would text me or send me a message during the game complaining about something I had done. That would take me off my game because I am New to TSO, so I would change the way I was playing from the fear of being booted. I had not done anything wrong.

Now I hope you will post the full video of all our games or the Last one we played, People will see that on multiple occasions you run mostly to the outside. Any time you chose to run a 4WR set Austin was placed in the Inside Slot position. You also would run the play where Austin is on a auto-motion Drag (that play is in your last Highlights at least twice even though you ran it several times). The last was the one I gave up on chasing you down (which was disrespectful on my part and for that I apologize!)

On Defense almost the whole 2nd half you played Quarters Defense (Which I highly consider Cheese, unless it is a 3 and very long situation.) I would only come out in a 3-1 Package. No need for that many DBs in my opinion. A lot of times I would come out in a 2wr set, and you would be in a Quarters Defense with LBs. On Offense as I already said your play calling was repetitive, of course I should have been able to stop it, but I was thinking you couldnt be running same plays maybe just the same formations. I was wrong!

I'm not trying to argue about this or even say anything that would intend I that I dont like you. I did not complain to you or any management, as I didnt want to get the Sore Loser Lable, and because I did not have Video Evidence. I wish you all the Luck in the Future, with Personal life. Please dont take any of this to harsh. I am merely responding for the simple fact that I dont think it is right for Jim to take any Abuse from others. His job to make sure we have a very good league is very stressful, he apparently tried to talk to you (by your posted Conversation) about his concerns and you took offense to it. With that and your attitude I'm sure that left a bad taste in his mouth.

There's really no need to get on here and post ugly obscenities!

Wish you the best!
    Heath

18. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

I give respect to those who Deserve it Michael.. You haven't been involved in the conversation so I have nothing to say regarding you. It is the way I feel and see things in the way they happened through my eyes,. so please don't go there. I could have said worse but I feel that what I said and how I said it is completely warranted. If everyone wasn't afraid to say something (I completely understand) because they are afraid of back lash really brings out the black eye this league has. To not be able to freely express ones feelings and points of views is awful and is a clear reflection of the way management has changed. Enough said.

Just one question.. Did Jim put you up to make your comment?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

My only reply to you Heath which I knew it was you that started this whole mess is by not being able to take a loss like a man..I only read the first paragraph and stopped not sure what the rest of your outrage is... Besides you know how you feel about Jim so dont go and defend him now when 3 weeks ago you wanted to throw him down a bottomless pit.

Just a piece of advice.....

LEARN HOW TO PLAY SOME DEFENSE! and STOP RUNNING PLAY ACTION EVERY OTHER PLAY.. You cant stop the run with Nickle defense... Heath I never said anything to you because you are a good guy but you kind of take the games a bit 2 seriously. Don't pass judgement until you look in your self and reflect on your Un-sim ways.

That is all.

20. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

:hungover:

• Like Like x 2
  21. heathh

heathh Walk On

I wish you would read it all. I ask you to post the Videos of the Whole game. Is that to much to ask? And Like I said, I didnt say anything because, I didnt have evidence. I can take a Loss, and I did. Please understand that I'm not trying to state that you are in anyway a bad person. I just clearly stated that you cant act like you didnt do anything wrong. You know what takes advantage of the game its self and you used it to win!

As far as being upset with anyone, I said that I cant believe people want to help the guy who played in the Super Bowl. That doesnt actually reflect on something Jim is doing. Its the guys who traded with him allowing him to put himself in those positions. Dont come on here and tell half of our conversation. I only stated that it makes me upset that if you want balance in the League than people have got to stop trading to the TOP TEAMS!

I understand your upset by everything, But seriously its just a game. There are plenty of leagues out there, you will find another.

Like I said I wish you the best of luck.

22. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

I didnt do anything wrong = I did not break any rules.

23. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

I don't agree with how all parties involved have, at least in the above posted conversation, displayed a stubborn attitude. Granted, it can get frustrating for a commish to have to deal with the same issues over and over. And just as frustrating for someone who really believes that they're following the rules to have to make adjustments to their game. But the end result of this whole situation could've been and should've been very different than how it ended.

The outside running has been something I've complained about since Doug was the commish, so I know for a fact an adjustment could be made there on your part Juan. However, not sure I agree with singling out stats unless they're ridiculous. You can't tell someone that there is nothing wrong with featuring your best players and then tell them that their stats are "questionable".

But the icing on the cake has to be the personal attacks. How can you expect anyone to give you full support when you choose to ridicule the other party in public, Juan? No one likes to get booted but I don't think anyone likes it anymore to get insulted. Such an ugly ending to this whole situation...:(

24. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

I have the support from the people I respect the most in this league and that's All that matters. I have been given full support from those people who will remain nameless. The personal attack that was should bother everyone the most would be the one against me for being treated the way I have and my response was more than fair and was warranted for that very reason. My days in QSF would have come to an end anyways if the league was going to continue in these foot steps. Also, I corrected my running outside issue long ago and that was old news as you can see I didn't even receive a viable answer to my questions as to what rules I broke. Moe please don't act like you are Mr. Simulation Football as you are one more deep throw up the middle to the TE from being in my shoes.

25. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

There is something to be said about someone who when something is brought to his attention, continues to lash out at others. I re-read my post and I didn't see where I was acting like "Mr. Simulation Football". I stated where I thought BOTH parties involved made errors. If you wanted this conversation viewed by everyone, I'm assuming you wanted people's opinions on this, correct? So that's what I provided.
    You can't tell me you corrected your outside running issue "long ago" because it came up the last time we played. The difference in that game was i finally had the video to prove it and forwarded it to Jim. You accused me of lying in the past when you knew for a fact I was right and almost had me kicked out of the league. Anyone in this league who even remotely knows me knows I am not a liar. If I bring something up it is because it happened. I don't have the time nor the desire to fabricate stories...