*ANNOUNCEMENT* Final Season on M25

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by LtJustice, May 13, 2014.

1. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Gentlemen,

I want to officially announce that the current 2019 season will be the FINAL season for The Q in the Madden 25 release.

We have had a great run, with some fantastic owners, and I believe the future couldn't be more bright for The QSF as we transition to the PS4 platform for the upcoming Madden 15 release.

For those that indicated the desire to continue, I want to thank you. I myself was torn between continuing with a skeleton crew or just putting things to bed for this release. Ultimately, based on the responses to the State of The League Address, it looks as though we wouldn't even have a half full league if we were to continue another season. That is not an ideal scenario and I think the odds would be far greater for disappointment and frustration, rather than success, with so few involved.

This way everyone gets a chance to recharge their Madden batteries, and gives league management a much needed break from trying to hold together a piecemeal effort. It will also give us ample opportunity to put together a game plan for M15 as well.

I would hope to see everyone finish what's left of the 2019 season strong, whether their postseason hopes are still alive or not. And to everyone that makes it to the postseason, good luck in chasing the final Championship of the PS3 era!

There will be much more to come regarding our Madden 15 plans, including the team lottery, ownership appointment, etc.

Thanks again to all of you for making the inaugural year of The Q such a smashing success!

~Jim aka LtJustice
    QSF Commissioner

Avery (AveryB) - Steelers
    Brad (HogeB33) - Rams
    Carl T. (CTfromDC) - Bengals
    Charlie (KingPatron) – 49ers
    Chris (CSteud) - Packers
    Curtis (thafuture3886) - Colts
    Danny (DJDunn6) - Dolphins
    Dave (saintsdave75) - Texans
    Doug (CHUNKNESS) - Jaguars
    Eddie (pittrocks43) - Saints
    Glen (Glen Cieske) – Raiders
    James M. (cry_havoc) - Giants
    James Y. (Phenom) - Broncos
    Jeremy (Jeremy) - Buccaneers
    Jim (LtJustice) - Seahawks
    Jon (Warhawk AKA dreadman) - Redskins
    Josh (Josh Barnes) - Ravens
    Kenri (DarkKnight89) - Vikings
    Kris (Coach KO) - Eagles
    Lawon (MrWitness36) - Falcons
    Loren (ThaBayouChef) - Titans
    Michael O. (Michael Overman) - Sentinels
    Mike A. (Miki1369) - Cardinals
    Mike C. (chance17) - Lions
    Moe (CaptMoe) - Cowboys
    Murad (smokeface) - Patriots
    Pope (dablakpope) - Browns
    Reis (Mugga) - Panthers
    Ryan (RVallee) - Bears
    T.J. (klaximilian) - Jets
    Troy (redlishus) - Chiefs

• Like Like x 11
  2. Mugga

Mugga Walk On

Well put Jim LtJustice this was my 1st year in the Q and I had a blast I will see u guys on madden 15.

• Like Like x 6
  3. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

• Like Like x 6
  4. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Really looking forward to the next release especially with all the hype I keep hearing about the ps4...

• Like Like x 2
  5. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

Well gents..... it's definitely been a fun year. I had fun losing and being a Feeder! We owe it to management to finish out strong.. and to wrap the season up in high-fashion. To the New Fucking Guys... you all did great with coming in and filling the void of taking a team over and seeing what the best madden league hands down is all about! Everyone that was a part of the Bottom Feeders post(s), thanks for not taking shit personal. Was supposed to be a fun thing... a way we could talk shit to each other.... and of course.... for me to talk shit about every team that was apart of the exclusive group! I salute you Bottom Feeders!

Management... great damn job this release!!!!!!
    LtJustice
    Michael Overman
    CHUNKNESS

• Like Like x 6
  6. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

Wowwwwww. I knew this would be the decision. I feel like a kid that just had his new bike and puppy stolen. Lol! I really enjoyed this release. Kudos to the commish committee as well as all owners.

• Like Like x 3
  7. RVallee

RVallee Walk On

I've had a great time in my short stint here. You guys run an outstanding league!

• Like Like x 3
  8. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Recharging the batteries never hurts. Jim, Mike and Doug...great job on everything that you did for us this season. Looking forward to the future of the Q.

ps...Giants arent layin down. We want that ring ;)

• Like Like x 3
  9. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Cheers to a successful endeavor!

And another Cheers to the future
    ! Special thanks to my uppermanagement chums LtJustice CHUNKNESS

and every single other one of you

• Like Like x 3
  10. KingPatron

KingPatron Walk On

thanks for all the work you guys put into this! What about some tournaments or something? you guys open to things like that? I just like never taken a break always play till the new gen comes out and like to keep community going. so some fun quick tournaments could help that. 16 teams double elim or something. Stock teams so that is meh, but better than sitting on our thumbs!

11. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Some guys like sitting on their thumbs (not literally) during the summer.

• Like Like x 2
  12. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

If anyone is interested in setting something like that up, they are more than welcome to do so.

I will not be organizing/overseeing anything like that myself, as that would completely negate my opportunity for a break. Plus, the only reason i even considered continuing after this season was because I loved the team I have built. Team building has always been my favorite aspect, not really playing just for the sake of playing.

13. Josh Barnes

Josh Barnes Walk On

I wanted to wait till the season was over (at least my portion of the season) before posting to make it feel like I was fighting for something. Lol.

I'm not surprised by the decision nor do I feel like it is the wrong one. It would have been nice to of played more since madden is the only game I play year round; however, once summer hits interest drops accross the board and it does become harder to schedule games.

Having participated in other leagues in the past, I must say this was one of the most enjoyable ones over the years. From the first season to the last there was consistancy from top to bottom in how we were expected to play. Most importantly if changes needed to be made, whether it be in league rules, ownership, etc. they were made diplomaticaly and communicated as such. The other thing that made it a solid league was the competition. Although there were blowouts from time to time, which is going to happen especially with this game, I felt like I could never take an oppenent lightly and knew I would most likely be in for a good game.

Overall, I enjoyed my time with "The Q" and look forward to potentially continuing things with the league going forward.

• Like Like x 6
  14. KingPatron

KingPatron Walk On

I miss madden but have been so busy haven't really missed it. so I guess its good taking a break. really great lg and good fun comp. even being out of the hunt I still had some fun competitive games. looking forward to next season starting fresh with a team and hopefully building them up into a contender!

Count down to Aug 26th... 84 days away!

15. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

It makes it seem so far away when you say it like that!! :unsure::oldman::eek:

• Like Like x 3
  16. KingPatron

KingPatron Walk On

well 83 days now! hope that's better :) yes it's almost 3 mo away :(

17. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Great league, great owners, great management trinity. Its been fun, even from a bottom feeders perspective. Pace was great, communication was great. I still think that a community chat feature added would be good for the league as a whole, especially since most of these owners were gaming fam even b4 the q's inception.

Highlight of the release 4 me, making it through the seasons without bankrupting my franchise despite the poor stickskill (also due mostly to the rules of stadium building and relocating), Steelers-Bengals games (Shot out to AveryB for the close battles even though he smashe one game by 40!), and BLOCKBUSTER Trading.

• Like Like x 5
  18. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

I wouldn't be against using the Facebook Messenger app or the GroupMe app for next release if some people wanted to. Seeing how it works with just 12-15 people or so in my baseball league though, there's no way people would be able to keep up with it. I like the use of YIM here. But just for an additional method I would be down to use one of those chats. But don't think it should/ever will be a mandatory thing in the Q.

19. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Yea the groupme option is good. We use it in HK with a full league, it's not mandatory or anything, and you don't have to keep up with anything. Just a way to get to discuss random ish and get to know people's personalities better. I think the commish didn't dig it because of certain reasons though, no biggie. Was just leaving a lil feedback on something that I thought we kind of lacked in the Q this release. Scheduling and all that good stuff should still be done via the forums, works well that way. If I'm back, I will start a group and invite ppl to join, they can if they would like to, if not no worries.

• Like Like x 5
  20. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Incorporating groupme into the next season for the "Q" would be an excellent reason to not get anything done at work. Ever.

• Like Like x 2
  21. KingPatron

KingPatron Walk On

doesn't groupme and group chats take away from activity on the boards? I think technology is good but that instance access where people are chatting all day, you will miss a lot of context or miss a lot of work. and discussions on the boards will dwindle due to everyone already talking about it in the groupon

• Like Like x 1
  22. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

Hey all dropping by just to check things out. I may be interested in joining back up in the fall if you guys would have me. Take care.

• Like Like x 2
  23. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Diggin' the avi man (y)

• Like Like x 1