ANNOUNCEMENT: New League Format For Upcoming Madden 16 Release

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by LtJustice, Jun 26, 2015.

1. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

madden16-Qlogo.gif
    The Q Returns for Madden 16 with Exciting New Format!
    I hope everyone is having a great summer! Even though we are still some 2 months away from the game dropping, all of the recent news about Madden 16 has created quite a bit of excitement for the upcoming release. We are just as excited as everyone else for this new release, and are excited to share our plans for Quality Simulation Football going forward.

THE PAST

When our last season of Madden 15 ended, we made no secret of the fact that there would most assuredly be changes to the league format, should we even return for the M16 cycle. I won't get into too much of the negative from the last release; but I want to make clear that it was a very frustrating one for league management in many ways, and we had to make some tough choices about how (or if) we wanted to continue in the upcoming release. After much discussion, we have devised a somewhat radical new format that we feel gives us the best opportunity to have a successful, and most importantly fun, release for all parties involved.

THE FUTURE

We have never been shy about straying from the norm (such as being the innovators of simmed seasons), but this new format is by far the most ground breaking change for a new release that we have devised to date. Before I get into the how and why of the new format, let me give you and idea of what the new format looks like:

• 16 Human Owners / 16 CPU Owners
    • 2 Human Owners per Division (and 2 CPU Teams)
    • ALL Human vs. CPU regular season games are SIMMED
    • Postseason Human vs. CPU games may be played or simmed
    • 48 hour advances 3 advances per week (Tuesday, Thursday, & Sunday nights) - unplayed Human vs Human games are simmed
    • Extensions only granted if both owners attempted and participated in scheduling BEFORE the current week opened. (Or extreme circumstances)
    • In the event one owner was a non-participant in scheduling, the win will be assigned to the participating team’s owner
    • Failing to participate in scheduling via the forum will be cause for removal.
    • ONE (1) recap/summary required per owner per calendar week (more is allowed but not required)
    • NO simmed seasons (because we have so many simmed games - becomes a hybrid with sims and played in same season)
    • Trade rules will be determined/finalized upon game release and will depend on CPU trade logic

16 OWNERS

Obviously the most significant change we are making is to get away from a 32 owner league, and reduce it to 16 owners (along with 16 CPU teams). We understand that this decision won't appeal to everyone; but with the constant struggle to maintain a league full of quality owners, there is definitely an element of quality over quantity with this format.

SIMMED CPU GAMES
    The decision was made to sim ALL games against CPU teams (outside of the postseason), which will encourage owners to keep talent on their team to make them competitive in simmed as well as played game situations. Being as such, there will be more strategy involved in personnel decisions and team building. With CPU teams given an equal opportunity to win games, they can become competitive in the standings and add an extra unpredictable element to division/playoff races.

THREE ADVANCES PER WEEK
    With this new format also comes a new advance schedule, more specifically three advances per week. On first glance this may seem like a lot, but with CPU games, it is likely to be rare that an owner has 3 played games in a week. But at the same time, we want to minimize the chances an owner goes an entire week without playing at least a game. With the static advances, we will publish a league calendar that will allow owners to schedule in advance with their opponents, which will be a necessity with this type of advance schedule. In the event an extension is justified, and should it affect the next advance period, we will be able to adjust the league calendar accordingly.

RECAPS / SUMMARIES
    In order to drive content and keep everyone involved and invested, we will require one recap/summary from each owner per real time week. This would be a team specific recap/summary, as any league wide related content would be ancillary. If 16 owners are each producing at least ONE piece of content per week, that would be more content than we have ever seen, even with a full 32!

SUMMARY

We would be naive to think that everyone is going to love this new format. Obviously this is a format that will appeal to a special breed of Madden gamer. We have always been a league that skewed more to the casual side, where having fun with a great group of like minded people is paramount to anything else, including the almighty W. Any league is only as good as the individual owners make it, and we feel that with the right collection of owners this format can be a heck of a lot of fun and very successful!

Ultimately our goal here is to find the right group of owners, that are in it for the right reasons. With that we feel that we can reduce some of the league wide stresses and conflict that come with a bigger league, and make it more enjoyable for everyone involved. Using this new format, we see no reason why we can't get a solid group together that can stay consistent for an entire cycle.

Should the required interest be there, myself and Doug will be returning as commissioners of the new look Q. We can't guarantee that everyone who shows interest will be accepted as an owner (regardless of past tenure), as we will be collaborating to put together a group that we feel best represents the tenets of what we are a looking for from our owner roster.

If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, please let us know. Likewise, if you were involved at the end of the M15 release, and have no interest in this format, please share that with us as well. Feel free to reply to this post with any questions, constructive comments, or to declare your interest (or lack thereof). You can also reach out to myself and Doug privately to discuss things, if you'd prefer that route (we just ask that you include BOTH of us in any PMs here or on GroupMe regarding this).

We are very excited for the possibilities of this new format, and hope many of you share this excitement. We have really high hopes of getting together a great group of owners that will drive the redesigned Q to new heights!

Thank you for your attention and support!

Jim (aka LtJustice)
    Doug (aka CHUNKNESS)

QSF Management

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Well said Jim! Words cannot express how excited we are about this new format. Before anyone raises the question about team selection, consider the format first. If you are on board with the 16/16 format for M16, then we can look into the possibility of assigning favorite teams, a random draft, or teams determined by lottery. We will do whatever is best for the group as a whole and whatever is fairest to everyone once our owner roster is determined. That said, we look forward to hearing from everyone new and old alike! M16 and QSF in full effect!

Doug is in! ;)

• Like Like x 4
  3. CSteud

CSteud Walk On

Wow!! I love the new format. I know there's gonna be way more than 16 dudes looking to be involved in this so if invited back count me in.

• Like Like x 3
  4. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

Different but interesting and exciting for M16. If welcome back I'm down with the Q.

• Like Like x 3
  5. AveryB

AveryB Walk On

This sounds fast and furious ... I want to be part of this new 16/16 format if I'm selected :):)

• Like Like x 2
  6. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

I'm down as well. Seems interesting to me and something that could definitely work. With the 1 recap per week it will allow us to push out more league wide content as well. I like that idea. I'm all in...Do you guys have a date set for announcing participants? For the guys who don't make it, who will need some time to look elsewhere for a new home...

• Like Like x 4
  7. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

As much as I hate to I'm gonna take my name out of consideration at least for this release. Although this new format sounds interesting and would probably work with my schedule better I'm not even sure if I want to play Madden at all this year. I have enjoyed my time with The Q and thank everyone for some great experiences. I wish all of you guys the best of luck moving forward and plan on checking in from time to time just to see how this new format is working.

• Like Like x 4
  8. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Count me in.. so who's gonna be the Browns, Bengals or Ravens? :D:D:D

• Like Like x 5
  9. CHUNKNESS

We understand the urgency behind finding a different league for those who don't make the 16. We'll make sure to let you guys know in the coming week or so, which was why we wanted to get this info out now versus waiting until closer to the M16 release date.

• Like Like x 3
  10. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

Count me in. Hopefully I'm selected and I will take the Browns....

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Count me in! I'd love to return to the "Q" for this new format.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Mugga

Mugga Walk On

I'm down nah mean

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mugga

Mugga Walk On

I'm down ... Nah mean #theQ

• Like Like x 2
  14. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

16 awesome owners > 16 awesome owners + 16 jabronis
    I'm in!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Nasir

Nasir Walk On

I am in for this new plan

• Like Like x 3
  16. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I'm definitely interested in being a part of the Q. Best Madden league I've been a part of.

• Like Like x 5
  17. heathh

heathh Walk On

I like the new direction, sounds like good competition for division leads. More fun with team building. If I could be selected I would love to rejoin!

Count me in.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Triple111's

Triple111's Walk On

LtJustice excited about the new format and the Welcome back to the Q!! I'm all in!!! Can't Wait!!

• Like Like x 3
  19. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

I'm in if you guys will have me...

• Like Like x 2
  20. abundantlife777

abundantlife777 Walk On

I have applied to the Q and would be all for this if selected.

• Like Like x 2
  21. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

I'm down for the new format

• Like Like x 3
  22. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Good stuff boys.

• Like Like x 2
  23. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

soooo....... :whistle::whistle::whistle:

• Like Like x 3
  24. CHUNKNESS

We will post the owner roster and the plan moving forward this weekend.

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
  25. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Interesting format. Looks like you guys have way more interest then spots available. I'd like to thank CHUNKNESS and LtJustice for allowing me to finish out the m15 season. Was frustrating but fun at the same time. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer

• Like Like x 1