*ANNOUNCEMENT* New Packers Owner

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by LtJustice, Aug 27, 2013.

1. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Gentlemen,

Ryan has decided to step down as the owner of the Packers due to potential time concerns and general unhappiness with the game. We appreciate Ryan's honesty with the situation and the fact that he was willing to step down now, rather than cause an opening after we had already begun our franchise. Ryan is a valued staff member at TSO and a friend to The Q, so I am sure you will still see him around and we wish him the best of luck. Please adjust your league contact lists accordingly.

---------------------------------------------

We have identified a very willing and capable owner to take ownership of the Green Bay Packers. He is a familiar face to many of you, and we are happy to have him on board for the inaugural season of The Q:

[​IMG]
    Alonso (ferocious)
    YIM: ferociouszo
    PSN: Ferocious_1
    Time Zone: MST

Welcome back Zo!

Don't forget your avatar:

[​IMG]

Good Luck,

~Jim
    QSF Commissioner

Aaron (Hulk_hagen_55 )
    Alex (Ninersfan80)
    Avery (AveryB)
    Carl T. (CTfromDC)
    Chris (CSteud)
    Curtis (thafuture3886)
    Danny (DJDunn6)
    Dave (saintsdave75)
    David R. (ncsu12ddr)
    Doug (CHUNKNESS)
    Eric (Easy Dez It)
    Grey (LLCoolGrey)
    Heath (heathh)
    James M. (cry_havoc)
    James Y. (Phenom)
    Jim (LtJustice)
    Jon (Warhawk AKA dreadman)
    Juan V. (Juan Valencia)
    Kris (coachmimz20)
    Lawon (MrWitness36)
    Loren (ThaBayouChef)
    Michael C. (KNICKSFAN_84)
    Michael O. (Michael Overman)
    Mike A. (Miki1369)
    Mike S. (CowboyMike70)
    Moe (CaptMoe)
    Pope (dablakpope)
    Rob (PepperNY)
    Steve (sactown)
    T.J. (klaximilian)
    Troy (redlishus)
    Zo (ferocious)

• Like Like x 8
  2. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

Smh....That team would have dropped...

Welcome back Zo

• Like Like x 3
  3. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Welcome back zo!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

Zo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 3
  5. AveryB

AveryB Walk On

I don't understand...we are still picking teams..Welcome Back ZO

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  6. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Zoooootastic... very pleased to see you back.

• Like Like x 3
  7. LtJustice

Correct. But Ryan already picked the Packers. It made the most sense to just give Zo Ryan's spot and team.

• Like Like x 2
  8. AveryB

AveryB Walk On

Understood.... Good to see another Vet back in the mix

• Like Like x 3
  9. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Whats up my peoples, its great to be back with this great group and league. Im so stoked to be here and start a new journey. Its clean slate for me and will not let Jim and the league down. I cant wait to get started with you all. Jim and Mike I appreciate the opportunity and will make the most out of it. Troy Im sorry for taking over your team, but if you can get me my Eagles:woot:, The Pack is all yours LOL.... If not maybe we can still talk;)

• Like Like x 5
  10. CSteud

CSteud Walk On

Not to 10 ;)

• Like Like x 5
  11. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Alonso, as you and I had discussed earlier, it's good to have you back in the mix. Welcome back, and what a lucky man you are to have a team like the Pack! Have fun and good luck!

• Like Like x 3
  12. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

CHEESE HEAD!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  13. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

welcome back Zo but i dont agree with this decision bcuz we are still picking teams

• Like Like x 1
  14. LtJustice

Ok Pope, so what would you have us do, restart the draft from pick 7? Because we couldn't just throw the Packers back in the pool at the current pick. That wouldn't be any more fair to the owners that picked between 8 and now.

The Packers were selected at pick 7, period. Regardless of who the owner is or was.

I could have waited until after the draft to announce an ownership change, but I didn't think that was necessary.

If you feel there was a better way to do it, I am all ears.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  15. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Same thing happened to me last season, one pick before the Jets were swooped. The guy never saw the 12th man playing field....

• Like Like x 1
  16. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Welcome back Zo, good to have you part of the league.

• Like Like x 2
  17. coachmimz20

coachmimz20 Walk On

1st owner gone.. that was fast

18. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

Since you asked. i think the best thing to do was pause the draft. Bring Zo in but as the 32nd pick. Then go to the new number 7 guy, who already picked and inform him that the Packers are available. Ask does he want to selext them instead of the team he choose. And do this to every person who drafted until we got to the current pick. Time wouldnt have been an issue because its still gonna be a few days before we start the season. Yes, it would have taken a few hours to restart the draft but it would have been fair to everyone that was here. It's not Zo's fault that the guy sropped out but at the same time you cant just reward him with the 7th pick. if I remember corrextly, Someone dropped out at the start of the last release and thats how it was done. Because i got bumped up from 13 to 12. Thats juat my opinion. Thanks for your time ane ears.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
    • Like Like x 5
  19. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

good constructive response Pope

• Like Like x 3
  20. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Welcome back Zo!!! Glad you got a spot bruh!!

• Like Like x 2
  21. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

On the issue at hand, not to put another hand in the cookie jar so to say, I suggest we make it as simple as possible. Does Zo want the Packers or not? If so, let's keep it moving. If not, let all other teams continue the draft as normal and then sort of go through the process that Pope brought up. If anyone who picked 8 or lower would like to make a switch, starting with #8 and going down, for the Packers; ask Zo if he would like to switch. Of course all that should be irrelevant, IMO, if Zo wants to proceed with the Pack. :asshat:

22. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

SN: Different strokes for different folks I guess, but I LOVE this new game. I think it's leaps and bounds above M13. So much more smooth in every aspect, IMO. Is it 5 yet?!

23. LtJustice

I appreciate the well thought out reply Pope. But what your are talking about is in fact restarting the draft from pick 8. Because even if the next owner (Dave) decided to take the Packers, then you would have to continue the same process with the team he originally chose, and so on and so forth.

You mentioned the same thing happening last year in the 12th Man, but you don't tell the whole story Pope. Last year Aaron had to drop out well before the game released. We hadn't even begun the team selection process yet, so yes he was removed from the order and everyone behind him was moved up a spot. Those were the facts of that case, and they were different than the current situation with Ryan and Zo. Had Ryan not selected yet, we would have considered the same scenario, but he had selected. Zo was not awarded the 7th pick as you say, he was awarded the ownership of a team that had an owner, but was vacated.

The Packers were selected at the number 7 draft position, that is a matter of fact. Ryan stepped down and Zo was awarded his team, plain and simple. Just like any other owner, Zo can trade his team before we officially start the franchise, but that is up to him. Zo, should not be made to feel guilty or obligated to do so, simply because he replaced an owner who already had a team.

We appreciate all questions and concerns, when done so constructively, but ultimately we need to decide on the course of action that we feel is best for the league as a whole.

With that, I hope we can officially put this behind us and get back to welcoming Zo back to our group and working towards starting our inaugural season of The Q!

Thanks,

~Jim

• Like Like x 6
  24. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y):5stars::5stars::5stars::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy:

• Like Like x 1
  25. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

Nuff said!

• Like Like x 2