*ANNOUNCEMENT* Position Change & Substitutions Rule Updated

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by CHUNKNESS, Sep 16, 2012.

1. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Last week's communication regarding Javy's use of Hillis at FB and HB has prompted us to update the Position Change rules with some parameters for you guys to follow. We'll tag it as the "Hillis" rule unofficially. ;) With the permission of majesty95, we'll be adopting some of the position change parameters used in Virtual Football League with our own guidelines esablished (thanks, Mike). Please remember that ALL position changes still need to be announced in the Team Management forum. These parameters that we are implementing are bottom line requirements and will not be bent. All position changes remain subject to mgmt approval/disapproval. Thanks for your attention regarding this.

Changes are in yellow...

R.3 POSITION CHANGES

Players may be designated to play at ONE position of your choice; both rookies and veterans alike. You may change a player’s natural position, however, PLEASE DO SO WITH CAUTION. With the release of Madden NFL 13, team schematics and individual player performance may be adversely affected if a player is moved out of his natural position.

Each team MUST announce any player position change in the Team Management forum if the player is being moved out of his natural position. The league staff will approve or deny the position change based on the player’s size and skillset. With CCM, legitimate position changes should no longer create an unfair advantage. Therefore, proof is no longer required. However, once you announce a position change, the player must remain at that position on the team's roster throughout the remainder of the franchise. He may be moved back to his natural position if he is traded or released to a different team. Acceptable position changes are as follows:

• RB > FB; only if above 230 lbs AND speed is 85 or less
    • FB > RB
    • RB > WR; only if the RB's catch rating is 80+
    • TE > WR; only if the TE 's speed is 85+
    • OL > OL; all positions on the offensive line are interchangeable
    • DL > DL; all positions on the defensive line are interchangeable
    • DE > OLB; only if moving from a 4-3 to a 3-4
    • OLB > DE; only if moving from a 3-4 to a 4-3
    • LB; all linebacker positions are interchangeable
    • CB > S; only if the CB's tackle rating is 65+
    • S > CB; only if the S's man coverage rating is 75+

NOTE: The online franchise does not allow us the capability to make physical changes to a player's position. Therefore, any position changes will need to be performed via editing your team's depth chart. "HYBRID" PLAYERS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED – EACH PLAYER MUST PLAY ONE POSITION ONLY. For example, an OLB can play OLB or DE, but he cannot play both. The league staff reserves the right to disallow any position changes that are announced.

• Like Like x 1
  2. CHUNKNESS

Also added...

• TE > FB; only if the TE's speed is 85 or less

3. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

I don't understand why we have to have a rule for position changes. I personally think it is a bit much, especially after seeing what the Packers did with WR Randall Cobb. I know there have been glitches and "cheese" plays in the past but, haven't those plays been eliminated from the game?
    We acknowledge the fact that moving players around affects their rating so, shouldn't each team be allowed to move a player having full disclosure of what that move means?
    There are so many different packages/formations in the game this year: WRs get moved to different positions, HBs get sent out wide, TEs line up as WRs, DBs line up as LBs, LBs rush as DEs, Safeties move into the slot position. Someone actually complained about Hillis being used as a FB? NFL teams line up DTs in the backfield at times.
    I just think it's a bit much to set rules for this. Unless I'm missing some type of glitch/cheese issue. Last year I had no idea there was a glitch in the 5-2 defense until I read the rule here so, maybe that's the case again...

4. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

to be honest...i kind of agree with Moe. Ive used a DT in the backfield...some of my plays call for my TE to be spread out...some of my D packages have LB's playing the Dline. Its become so normal in the NFL today to move players around. At the same time, i just want the league to be as realistic as possible. The biggest moves to me are LBs to DE and CB's to Safety...i think its a lil far fetched if every team has a FS with 96 spd or a DE with 89spd. so something needs to be regulated. im cool with whatever.

5. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

I feel like I should be able to use a LB as a DE in a third in long situation but... The way pressure from the dline to the qb is in this game is it probably doesn't even matter.

I'm all for some of these rules only because if we open the floodgates I may as well just play online ranked games. But at times sometimes less is more.

6. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Regarding lb's at de, I would assume if they're already placed there by the formation you wouldn't have to take them out. I know some nickel, dime and quarter packages automatically place lb's at the de position so I would assume its ok as long as you're not manually putting a lb to rush at de

7. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

I totally agree with having rules for structure. I just don't agree with setting parameters for position changes when the game itself will tell you if it's a wise change or not. I can also understand the need for a rule based on people abusing a glitch in the game, like the 5-2 defense. But not for changes to where a player lines up, especially since we see so much movement going on in the NFL now. Heck, even Charles Woodson, an All Pro CB, is now playing safety. Mike Jenkins, another CB, is said to be utilized as a Dime LB in Dallas' defense starting this week. It's all about matchups and exploiting them. Green Bay used Cobb out of the backfield because they knew the SF LBs could not cover him and if SF used a DB, they wouldn't be able to jam him coming out of the backfield. Do that in Madden though and someone yells "Cheese!!!". Not knowing what exactly happened with Hillis, me personally, I don't see an issue with him lining up as a FB. Especially since that was his original position in the NFL...

8. thafuture3886

Remember this is only a game and as much as we would like to replicate everything as its done in the nfl we can't because the AI doesn't act like actual players do

• Like Like x 3
  9. CHUNKNESS

Curtis is exactly right. CaptMoe, Jaged, cry_havoc, and anyone else questioning these parameters; as much as we would like to be able to replicate things as we see them in the NFL we cannot do so because this is a VIDEO GAME. We MUST set these parameters or they DO get taken advantage of. We will not change our position on this. Please do not question it.

10. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

so what do we do when my NASCAR package puts my LOLB Kiwanuka at DT?

11. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

again im not chomping at the bit. im cool with our rules... just speaking my mind :)

12. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

I think you misread my message or I miswrote my message.

13. CHUNKNESS

My bad, John. I appreciate that.

14. CHUNKNESS

Gotta sub them out for the appropriate position players. That, or don't use the formation.

15. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

I'm sorry guys with all due respect this is a bit 2 much. Now i cant use that formation or sub him? I mean i did a pos change from LB to DE and I cant even play him at De anymore so I donno where we are getting at with all this micro stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  16. CHUNKNESS

Juan, there has been no change with regard to using LB at DE and vise versa. That has always been the rule, so you shouldn't have been doing it in the first place. If you want to change their position to suit your defensive scheme, fine. But they cannot play both.

17. CHUNKNESS

You changed him to DE and he is only playing DE, then yes, he may play DT. All Dline are interchangeable. He would be considered Dline.

18. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

I never said that I wanted him to play both, and since we are now talking about that y are the rules being changed for the chiefs? I mean the rules strictly state that a player cant be a "hybrid" player and that is now being changed. I'm all for rules being adapted for the good of the league but this rule change in no way falls into any of those categories since i believe this rule was what we played with last season.

19. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

Well according to the changes I cant switch kiwanuka to DE unless im switching to a 3-4 which im not.

20. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

Has anyone used the packers defensive playbook??? This would eliminate everyone of my packages except the 3-4. Silly rule if the game is putting them in that position and not me.

• Like Like x 2
  21. thafuture3886

Same with Indy playbook

22. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

I beleive if the playbook automatically puts different players in to different positions for different situations then that should be good and no problem as long as your not using the same play over and over which then it would be not mixing your plays, but if you are manually adjusting the depth chart to make those changes then you are in violation. Am I right Doug on this??

• Like Like x 1
  23. thafuture3886

Nope, i already asked :(...unless Doug has changed his mind :D

24. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

if we run a a formation like the dime, are we allowed to use the LB pass rush formation sub, or do we have to avoid that?

• Like Like x 1
  25. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Well if thats the case then its unrealistic for us to change everyplay to adjust positions when different players are changing different positions. I beleive that only if you change those positions on the depth chart then it should be a violation, but asking us to stop using plays because the playbook puts different players in different positions then that is not right.

• Like Like x 4