ANNOUNCEMENT: Rule Change Regarding Position Change Requests

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by LtJustice, Mar 31, 2014.

1. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Gentlemen,

Our requirements and restrictions regarding position change requests has been a topic of much discussion among league management recently.

We discussed the fact that some rookies seem to be created specifically with a position change in mind, as well as the fact that players acquired via the draft could make existing players better utilized at other positions on their team.

After taking all of these factors into consideration, we have decided to make a change to the current rule requiring all position changes be done before the preseason starts, as well as the restriction on changing a rookie's "natural" position. Now admittedly, it would have been ideal to make this change prior to the draft, as it could have changed some teams' draft strategies. Unfortunately it was something we discussed, but then just kind of got lost in the shuffle of all of the other offseason tasks and duties. We considered our options of either scrapping the plan, or putting it into effect now, and decided that enacting it now would be most beneficial to the league as a whole.

Effective immediately, we will allow owners to submit position change requests in the Team Management for rookies and veteran players alike, up until any given team plays their first regular season game. All requests are still subject to approval by league management, please post as much relevant info as you can in your requests (screen shots are ALWAYS welcome).

One caveat to allowing position changes in this manner, is that it will have to be done via the depth chart, as the CFM no longer allows position changes at this stage (other than lateral moves, which don't require approval anyway). In light of this, please be sure that your change can be done via the depth chart before submitting a request. For instance, only wide receivers appear on the WR depth chart, so you would not be able to switch a HB to WR during this period.

Also, hybrid players are still NOT PERMITTED. So for example, If a player is switched from DE to LB, he must play LB ONLY and may not appear on the depth chart as a defensive lineman at all.

We view this as an opportunity to give our owners a little more flexibility and control over their own rosters, but this is also a decision we didn't come to easily. We will continue to monitor depth charts around the league and anyone with players out of position (without approval) will be subject to discipline.

New Rule Change:

Thank you all for your attention regarding this change.

~Jim

Avery (AveryB) - Steelers
    Brad (HogeB33) - Rams
    Carl T. (CTfromDC) - Bengals
    Charlie (KingPatron) – 49ers
    Chris (CSteud) - Packers
    Curtis (thafuture3886) - Colts
    Danny (DJDunn6) - Dolphins
    Dave (saintsdave75) - Texans
    Doug (CHUNKNESS) - Jaguars
    Eddie (pittrocks43) - Saints
    Glen (Glen Cieske) - Raiders
    Heath (heathh) - Lions
    James M. (cry_havoc) - Giants
    James Y. (Phenom) - Broncos
    Jeremy (Jeremy) - Buccaneers
    Jim (LtJustice) - Seahawks
    Jon (Warhawk AKA dreadman) - Redskins
    Josh (Josh Barnes) - Ravens
    Kenri (DarkKnight89) - Vikings
    Kris (Coach KO) - Eagles
    Lawon (MrWitness36) - Falcons
    Loren (ThaBayouChef) - Titans
    Michael C. (KNICKSFAN_84) - Chargers
    Michael O. (Michael Overman) - Sentinels
    Mike A. (Miki1369) - Cardinals
    Moe (CaptMoe) - Cowboys
    Murad (smokeface) - Patriots
    Pope (dablakpope) - Browns
    Reis (Mugga) - Panthers
    Ryan (RVallee) - Bears
    T.J. (klaximilian) - Jets
    Troy (redlishus) - Chiefs

• Like Like x 4
  2. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

Agreed

• Like Like x 1
  3. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

Agreed

• Like Like x 1
  4. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Not gonna lie on not on board with how this was implemented. If this was something that was being discussed it should have been came out PRIOR to the draft so people could adjust their boards and scout accordingly. In my opinion, Doug and management had an unfair advantage going into the draft knowing they can immediately change a player's position. Had we known this we would have possibly taken players with the intent to move them immediately as well, instead of having to wait a season. I, for one was in the market for an OLB and had i known about this rule change prior to the draft i would have scouted fast and small de's so i can move them to OLB. In my honest opinion, from the outside looking in it makes it look as if this rule was created specifically for management considering when and how it was implemented. It may not have been the intent but to me that is how it's coming off.

• Like Like x 5
  5. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I'm ok with the rule, but the timing of it is going to open up a box of worms. I can see some people not being OK with it given that it could have affected their draft, FA bidding, and the way they built their team with the previous rule in place.

• Like Like x 1
  6. heathh

heathh Walk On

Understood. I drafted the way I needed to. Thanks

7. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Can't say I didn't see this one coming either. I don't have a problem with it, but I can see where thafuture3886 is coming from....10-4 either way though.

8. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Exactly. I dont have an issue with the rule in itself. However, it should have been done before the draft or implemented after this season. Regardless of intent, it appears that Doug drafted the guy with knowledge that this rule was going to be implemented without anyone else in the league (besides the leadership) being aware which puts the rest of us at a competitive disadvantage.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

not trying to be a dick. Sometimes it comes naturally. I think the best way to handle this is no rookie position changes until next season. It evens the playing field for all.

• Like Like x 2
  10. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

11. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

I echo Curtis and KO comments. Even though I rarely do the draft I do think this rule change shouldn't take place until next season.

• Like Like x 2
  12. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Jim, in response to the negative replies, I'm fine with implementing this rule for next season. Although the intentions were for improvement of the league as a whole, the last thing we want is for it to appear that the rule change is being made in order to cater to league mgmt. Although I have already made the position change for my rookie, I will keep him at his drafted DE position via depth over the duration of the 2019 season. Unless you still want to make the rule effective immediately, I'm fine with announcing it for 2020 and beyond if the majority opposes the immediate implementation of the rule change.

• Like Like x 2
  13. LtJustice

Guys, I can definitely appreciate your concerns and certainly understand how this could look from your perspectives.

I am still of the opinion that implementing the rule immediately is best for the league as a whole, but I certainly don't want to give the appearance of preferential treatment. I have spoken with Doug and he was agreeable to keeping his rookie (Evander Eatmon) as a DE (his drafted position) for the duration of the 2019 season.

So the rule change will remain in effect immediately; but league management will refrain from submitting any position change requests on rookies this preseason, so as not to give us any kind of perceived advantage.

I hope this is an acceptable solution to any concerns and truly apologize for any misgivings about the way we implemented this change.

• Like Like x 6
  14. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

No message

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  15. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Pushing this until next season was the right thing to do.
    Thanks, Jim!!!

16. LtJustice

The rule change is in affect right now. League management just will be excluded from rookie position changes this preseason.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I still think you should wait until next season. While I didnt truly think it was preferential treatment, I also think we should level the playing field. Its not fair for others to move rookies over while others can't.

With that being said, I will handle my business affairs accordingly. I will agree with whatever the league decides.

18. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I'll agree with this, and if we revert back to the previous rule, I'll gladly move my CB - Wilson back to his natural position.