ANNOUNCEMENT: Rules Revised Regarding Running Up the Score and Late Scoring

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by LtJustice, Mar 5, 2014.

1. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Gentlemen,

In light of some recent events and discussions, we have decided to officially address late game scoring and running up the score. We have had a few games as of late where the winning team, late in an already decided game, capitalized on an opportunity to take a clear path to the endzone and add to their lead. There have been some concerns voiced over whether this practice should be viewed as running up the score or not.

While this is something we have discussed in the past, those that have been with us since the PMFL days may recall having had a similar discussion back then, we have never officially addressed it in our league rules.

I have ammended the rule regarding running up the score in the OFFENSE section and added a new topic to the WEEKLY GAMEPLAY section of our LEAGUE RULES.

So, as you can see, we don't have an issue with a player taking a score to the house if they have a clear path. Now that is not to say we want to see guys intentionally running up the score, in the name of this rule. Any unnecessary scoring, or attempts to score, will will still be addressed on a case by case basis. This is simply an effort to provide some guidance for both sides, on what is expected if you find yourself with a clear path to the endzone in a game that has already been decided.

I know there are some that will disagree and think the team with the lead should fall on the ball or run out of bounds in the event of a breakaway run/return, and I can understand where they are coming from. On the same token, there are some that would encourage their opponent to take it to the house against them in the same situation. There is no one answer that applies to every situation, it is up to each individual owner to make the decision for themselves if the situation presents itself.

Even if you don't agree, I hope everyone can understand where we are coming from with this clarification. It is a balancing act to try to allow the league to be as realistic as possible, while still restricting things that could be deemed as taking advantage of the video game that we play. We also try to promote a fun and respectful environment, where you can come play games against friends that give you a good game, win or lose. Just know that when we make decisions like this, that is our sole intention in mind.

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

~Jim

Avery (AveryB) - Steelers
    Carl T. (CTfromDC) - Bengals
    Charlie (KingPatron) – 49ers
    Chris (CSteud) - Packers
    Curtis (thafuture3886) - Colts
    Danny (DJDunn6) - Dolphins
    Dave (saintsdave75) - Texans
    David F. (David Froisland) - Bears
    Doug (CHUNKNESS) - Jaguars
    Eddie (pittrocks43) - Saints
    Eric (Easy Dez It) - Rams
    Glen (Glen Cieske) - Raiders
    Heath (heathh) - Lions
    James M. (cry_havoc) - Giants
    James Y. (Phenom) - Broncos
    Jeremy (Jeremy) - Buccaneers
    Jim (LtJustice) - Seahawks
    Jon (Warhawk AKA dreadman) - Redskins
    Josh (Josh Barnes) - Ravens
    Kenri (DarkKnight89) - Vikings
    Kris (Coach KO) - Eagles
    Lawon (MrWitness36) - Falcons
    Loren (ThaBayouChef) - Titans
    Michael C. (KNICKSFAN_84) - Chargers
    Michael O. (Michael Overman) - Sentinels
    Mike A. (Miki1369) - Cardinals
    Moe (CaptMoe) - Cowboys
    Pope (dablakpope) - Browns
    Reis (Mugga) - Panthers
    Rob (PepperNY) - Patriots
    T.J. (klaximilian) - Jets
    Troy (redlishus) - Chiefs

• Like Like x 5
  2. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Gents, it's just a game. If your in a one score or two score situation, feel free to score. I personally believe it gives you an opportunity to get the ball and make some magic happen. Ask James about our first game. He had a chance to ice it by taking a knee but went for a power run. I forced a fumble and scored to tie the game up and won in overtime.

Moral of the story, it's still just a game. Play it. Don't get all butt hurt when someone scores on a pick/fumble 6. The other person isn't trying to run up the score. I would hardly consider a late touchdown running up the score. Especially if it's on defense or if it's a run play that was likely done to kill clock....

• Like Like x 9
  3. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

I've never had a problem with special teams/defensive TDs. They are rare. If, like Jim stated, you have a clear path for a pick 6 or a return for a TD, take it. I'm not gonna be offended...

• Like Like x 3
  4. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Now, with all that being said, if you are diving into the endzone at any point in a game unless its at the goalline, you are a douche. Not sure if its against the rules but you receive 10 douche points that can only be spent at douchdags r' us.....

• Like Like x 7
  5. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Not even to avoid tripping over the goal line? :)

6. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Moe, here are your points :doodie::doodie::doodie::doodie::doodie::doodie::doodie::doodie::doodie::doodie:

• Like Like x 1
  7. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

um, last i heard TDs were worth 6pts...smh

8. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

Agreed thus why I prefer close games so this doesn't even become an issue.

9. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

It has been a concern brought to our attention even in close games. :(

• Like Like x 1
  10. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

Ok well that is just sad!

• Like Like x 1