ANNOUNCEMENT TBL closing its doors for 2011

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by PepperNY, May 10, 2011.

1. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

[​IMG]

I think the image above pretty much sums everything up. We put off doing this as long as we could but due to PSN crashing almost 3 weeks ago and still no clear cut date on when PSN will return we have decided to close up shop for the 2011 season. We had a great group together and this really is a shame but truth of the matter is Sony really screwed us on this one. Even when PSN does come back up most of you have expressed that you are no longer interested in continuing and I can't say I blame you. I know some of you are going to be disappointed but we really had no other choice. I didnt want to string you guys along any more and allow you to join other leagues plus with NCAA 12 right around the corner I know most peoples attention will be focused on that.

With that said if you guys do buy Xbox 360's which I would suggest feel free to hit me up on Xbox Live at PepperNY. Again i apologize for this and if you guys have questions, comments feel free to post here.

2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Unfortunately, we are handcuffed.

The fact of the matter is this, we lost a little bit of interest early in the season, and with the PSN crash we lost plenty more. There is no guarantee that it will be up and running anytime soon, and even if it does the damage has already been done. We had started the TBL relaunch last year around June 1, and we never made more than halfway through the season due to NCAA and Madden right around the corner. Interest fell off the cliff and I have no doubt that with the very limited group of men we had still amped and motivated, we'd suffer the same fate yet again.

We have maintained that we would have liked to pick guys that wanted to be in TBL that wanted to truly be in a baseball league from the get-go. I feel for the most part we did this, with a few exceptions. This is PSN's bad, not yours. We hold no one responsible for not holding up their end, as we had some good owners in this league. I'm disappointed to say the least because I know our staff put a ton of time in during office hours and after work screening players, setting up the league, playing with the dry run (TBL Spring) to test out the system, only for Sony and the hackers to give us the big middle finger. We wasted alot of time, but felt the reward was worth the effort.

Thank you for everyone's contributions, commitment, and games that we may have played. It was fun while it lasted, but I guess TBL will have to wait for another year to make it here at TSO.

3. Pacalon

Pacalon Walk On

Only thing that sucks for me is I bought this game to play in this league cause of Pepper.. =( Ah well, at least its fun offline I guess. I had just hit my first grand slam in the league before PSN went down too!

I don't know if I'm gonna pick up NCAA, but I'll be grabbing Madden on the 360 as usual. Maybe I'll try to match up with you guys there.

4. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

That slam was thanks to me... ;)

Keep your eyes peeled. We'll most likely move our Madden league to the 360 platform.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Damn, it's unfortunate to see this happen to any league. =/

6. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Just chiming in to say thanks to the commishes and those who put forth the effort to get this thing together. Running any league is tough work, but when you throw in the hacking of PSN, that makes it damn near impossible (as we all see). For those that have a 360, I play my football on that and would be willing to get a few games in against you guys. My GT is The Parrothead (what else would it be? lol).

7. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Hope to be involved in it next season Chunk. ;) Madden does play better on XBOX 360, my brothers have it on there and it just has always felt more fluid.

8. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

It's a shame to see the league go. I do want to be honest though, the game felt a lot like last years game (which isn't a horrible thing), I just would like to see them really add something fresh to the game next year.

9. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Aside from the timing for hitting, I'd have to agree. There were a few new animations, but nothing mind-blowing.

10. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

boooooooo this ..............

11. CHUNKNESS

thanks for the effort guys. it was certainly worth a shot.

will do Chris

12. Pacalon

Pacalon Walk On

If you do go with a Madden league on 360 for Madden 12, I'd for sure be interested (as long as its a sim style league. :p). I'm a Chargers fan, but I could roll with almost any team and be happy.

13. CHUNKNESS

14. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

I hate this, but totally understand. This is still the only baseball game worth playing out there, so I hope Sony gets there shit together soon. Hope to see you guys next season.

15. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Wish I could "hate" posts... Real bummer. Still think this could live on with a good core group, regardless of how shitty PSN is. I for one would be willing to wait things out, cause I'm not ready to shell out the $300 + dollars for a new system and game, etc.

16. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

17. CHUNKNESS

18. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

19. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

20. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

21. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Just so I am abundantly clear on this, I did not want to shut things down but Sony really forced our hands on this one. Its been 3 weeks since PSN has been down and every day we get an update saying just a few more days . It has killed this league with just a handful of guys that are even still interested in playing if/when PSN does return. We started out with 24 owners and we have what 5 guys that want to continue? I just didnt want to hold anyone hostage so me and TJ decided to go ahead and make the announcement now so it would free up people to do other things or join other leagues. Please dont place the blame on us as its something we didnt want to do. Its very unfortunate and we are not happy at all with how things played out. I know I invested my own personal time, countless hours every day getting this thing up and running smoothly not to mention I spent hours at the office as well.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Pacalon

Pacalon Walk On

I'd have been willing to hold out and go with a small group, like 10 of us, or something.

• Like Like x 1
  23. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

That a boy!!!! Stay strong!!!!!

Those who stay will be champions!!!

24. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

25. CHUNKNESS

It can easily be remedied with the use of a memory stick or HD upgrade.