*ANNOUNCEMENT* Team Selection Process for Madden 15

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by LtJustice, Jul 17, 2014.

1. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

[​IMG]

The launch of Madden 15 is little more than a month away, and it's a perfect time to start thinking about team selection for the new release.

While our league has always held a team draft to select teams, we we wanted to add a new wrinkle this year. We wanted to do something as a kind of reward to those owners that would be returning to The Q for M15, who also finished with us in our inaugural season on M25. I think the new process will also bring even more excitement and anticipation to the new season of Madden.

While a lot of other leagues simply have teams assigned by their commissioner(s), we have always been a proponent of the team draft lottery process. Even still, the one thing about the assigned teams that has been appealing to us is the opportunity for more owners to get "their teams". I think we have come up with a solution that strikes a perfect balance between the two processes, while also allowing us to introduce a sort of "Loyalty Reward".

In order to achieve this, we will be categorizing the approved owners of The Q for M15 into 4 groups:

CATEGORY A: Any owner who was with us from the beginning (Season 1, Week 1) of M25 and stayed with us until we shut things down for the release following the 2019 season.

CATEGORY B:
    Any owner who FINISHED the M25 release with the league and PLAYED more than one full season (not including simmed seasons).

CATEGORY C: Any owner who FINISHED the M25 release with the league, but PLAYED one full season or less (not including simmed seasons).

CATEGORY D: Any owner who DIDN'T FINISH the M25 release with The Q (whether they are brand new this release or a previous owner who left mid-cycle in M25).

TEAM SELECTIONS (LOYALTY REWARDS)

OVERVIEW

We wanted to give those owners that qualify for CATEGORY A a special opportunity to claim a team that they already know they want, regardless of anything in the game (salaries, cap space, ratings, etc.). Hopefully this will allow many owners to get "their team", whether it's their favorite team or just one they have been longing to control in Madden.​

PROCESS

League management will begin contacting approved owners who qualify for CATEGORY A via PM. Upon being notified of their appointment as an owner for M15, they will be allowed to name their TOP 2 choices of teams. If any of these owners would prefer to name only one team, that is allowed as well. If any prefer to wait until the release of the game to evaluate teams, they may opt out of the Loyalty Reward Team Selection.​

TEAM ASSIGNMENTS
    • Any teams that were selected as the #1 choice by a SINGLE OWNER will be awarded to that owner.
    • If there are multiple owners that name the same team as their #1 choice, the team will be awarded to the owner that had the lowest winning percentage in M25 (played seasons). In the unlikely event of a tie in winning percentages, we will then use simmed & played season records combined. Last resort tie-breaker will be a coin flip by league management.
    • Any owner that isn't awarded his #1 choice will then qualify for his #2 selection (if named).
    • If multiple owners who qualify for their #2 selection name the same team, that team and those owners will then fall into the more traditional team draft. No tie-breakers.
    We feel that this process will be fun and allows as many owners as possible to get "their team". Some thought will have to go into these selections, you can't simply name the Seahawks & 49ers as 1 & 2 and expect to get one of them.

We decided to have the owners make their selections via PM to avoid cherry picking or changing of votes, based on another owners votes. Owners are free to discuss their potential selections publicly, but they will only be accepted via the PM with League Management. Once choices are named they cannot be changed.

TEAM DRAFT LOTTERY

The Q will still be holding our more traditional team draft lottery for any owners who don't qualify for, or are unsuccessful in claiming a team in, the Loyalty Rewards selection process.

OVERVIEW

We will continue with the theme of Loyalty Rewards when it comes to determining the order for our team draft.
    LOTTERY ORDER

All remaining owners will be broken up into three categories for the purposes of the Team Draft Lottery:

DRAFT GROUP 1: Will consist of any owners left from CATEGORY A as well as owners from CATEGORY B.

DRAFT GROUP 2: Owners from CATEGORY C.

DRAFT GROUP 3: Owners from CATEGORY D.
    There will be a separate lottery for each DRAFT GROUP to determine the order that owners in each DRAFT GROUP select their teams. DRAFT GROUP 1 will pick first, followed by DRAFT GROUP 2, then DRAFT GROUP 3 will finish up the team selection process.​

I hope everyone is excited about this new process, as we really wanted to thank and reward those owners that stuck it out with us last release.

If you are a new owner, please don't be discouraged by picking late. Good teams fall every year, and I think that is an especially good possibility this year with favorite teams being a focus in the selection process.

I for one can't wait to get things going!

• If you are a returning member and haven't checked in yet, do so HERE
    • If you are brand new to our group and haven't filled out an application to join, do so HERE

Thanks,

~Jim aka LtJustice
    QSF Commissioner

• Like Like x 17
  2. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

I LIKE IT!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Jim, Michael and I had some good discussion regarding this. The key was we wanted to reward those who have been committed to the league based on their tenure for the inaugural M25 season. I believe the process outlined in Jim's post does just that. Thanks, Jim, for taking the time to put it into words!

• Like Like x 6
  4. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

anybody and I mean ANYBODY that picks the Steelers as their first team shall expect a small virus(i'm kidding, or am I? :cautious:) to suddenly appear on every piece of technology they use(cell phone, ps4, computer, etc) rendering that piece of technology useless until they give up the Steelers

Signed,
    Steelers fan

P.S.
    Happy pickings guys :D

• Like Like x 2
  5. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

btw, is there a deadline for this?

6. LtJustice

There will be a deadline, but that is TBA. Once we start initiating the contact via PM, we will get a better idea of when the deadline will be.

• Like Like x 3
  7. niner_empire86

niner_empire86 Walk On

Is therean ETA as to when the owner roster will be finalized?

8. LtJustice

I don't have a specific date, but we have begun the process with former owners, then we will move onto new applicants.

9. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

As someone who left mid cycle I think this is a great new way to decide teams. Those who stuck it out all the way through should be rewarded. I just hope I am allowed to come back and get me a crappy team to try and build up..

Great job guys!

• Like Like x 1
  10. AveryB

AveryB Walk On

I like this idea...Great Job Gentlemen..(y)

11. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Agree that this process absolutely rewards the vets who've stuck out the whole season and hopefully will encourage other members to do the same this year.

On the flip side, new owners are SOL in regards to teams.

Jags or bust! Lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. CHUNKNESS

You'd be surprised, Chris. Here were last year's results:

Pick 1: Alex (Ninersfan80) San Francisco 49ers
    Pick 2: Jim (LtJustice) Seattle Seahawks
    Pick 3: Aaron (Hulk_hagen_55 ) Oakland Raiders
    Pick 4: Curtis (thafuture3886) Indianapolis Colts
    Pick 5: David R. (ncsu12ddr) Carolina Panthers
    Pick 6: Danny (DJDunn6) Miami Dolphins
    Pick 7: Ryan (krtgolfing) Green Bay Packers
    Pick 8: Dave (saintsdave75) Houston Texans
    Pick 9: Chris (CSteud) Washington Redskins
    Pick 10: Troy (redlishus) Kansas City Chiefs
    Pick 11: Lawon (MrWitness36) Atlanta Falcons
    Pick 12: Steve (sactown) Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Pick 13: Carl T. (CTfromDC) Cincinnati Bengals
    Pick 14: Loren (ThaBayouChef) Tennessee Titans
    Pick 15: Michael O. (Michael Overman) Buffalo Bills
    Pick 16: T.J. (klaximilian) New York Jets
    Pick 17: Heath (heathh) Detroit Lions
    Pick 18: Kris (coachmimz20) New Orleans Saints
    Pick 19: Moe (CaptMoe) Dallas Cowboys
    Pick 20: James M. (cry_havoc) New York Giants
    Pick 21: Jon (Warhawk AKA dreadman) Philadelphia Eagles
    Pick 22: James Y. (Phenom) Denver Broncos
    Pick 23: Mike S. (CowboyMike70) Baltimore Ravens
    Pick 24: Rob (PepperNY) New England Patriots
    Pick 25: Grey (LLCoolGrey) Chicago Bears
    Pick 26: Juan V. (Juan Valencia) Minnesota Vikings
    Pick 27: Eric (Easy Dez It) St. Louis Rams
    Pick 28: Michael C. (KNICKSFAN_84) San Diego Chargers
    Pick 29: Pope (dablakpope) Cleveland Browns
    Pick 30: Avery (AveryB) Pittsburgh Steelers
    Pick 31: Doug (CHUNKNESS) Jacksonville Jaguars
    Pick 32: Mike A. (Miki1369) Arizona Cardinals

• Like Like x 4
  13. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

The Cardinals were a top-5 choice for me, so I would have been fine picking at 32. I guess every prefers a different flavor...

• Like Like x 3
  14. RVallee

RVallee Walk On

Team drafts are always fascinating, it's really cool to look back on that and see how last years turned out. The Raiders going #3 obviously jumps out lol, but there is a great bunch of teams after 20 that would be absolutely solid choices this year, so it would be cool to compare once we complete it. Teams like the Eagles, Broncos and Cards you figure might go a bit earlier. Browns will most likely be a hot team as well.

I think it's fun cause you can make arguments for just about every team....good and bad. I honestly think it'd be easier picking either way high, or low. Picking in the middle where you might still have 3 or 4 teams you really like would be tough!

• Like Like x 4
  15. CHUNKNESS

I think a lot of it depends on who is in what division, too. So many different variables that determine where each team falls.

• Like Like x 1
  16. heathh

heathh Walk On

I love the idea!

• Like Like x 1
  17. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Always been a fan of team drafts; usually a good chance I'm able to draft my Vikings :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

this is genius. great job.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Mugga

Mugga Walk On

Count me in "back by popular demand" lol

• Like Like x 3
  20. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

I like the reward system.
    You guys continue to show a desire to evolve and keep this the best league out there...(y)

• Like Like x 7
  21. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

Mugga ... sit your ass down somewhere! lol

• Like Like x 2