ANNOUNCEMENT: The End of The Q

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by LtJustice, Sep 26, 2015.

1. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

I am sorry to say that the decision has been made to pull the plug The Q, effective immediately. This was not an easy decision to come to for Doug and myself, but we ultimately feel like it was the only realistic option we had and unfortunately the decision was essentially made for us.

Our concept for the current format was a radical departure from the norm, and needed a complete buy in from the owner base to have any chance at success. Seeing at least a quarter of our user base throw in the towel on the concept without so much as a half a season in the books (and less than 2 real time weeks!), was a complete disappointment to say the least. We never misrepresented what the format was or wasn't, and went out of our way to ensure everyone was on board on multiple occasions. Between the team draft, testing settings, waivers, getting the updated rosters setup, etc; Doug and myself spent countless hours between us, getting things rolling for this release. All of this was done AFTER we got multiple commitments from our owner base that they understood the new format and were "ALL IN". With at least 4 owners not continuing past this season, and one already out the door, there is really no point in even continuing this season. Far too much of our time has been wasted already.

As for the owners that intended to stand by their word and see this thing through, to you we are truly sorry. Doug and I will do anything we can to help you find a new Madden home. I know some of you bet on The Q as your ONE Madden league this release, as did I as well, and I want to thank you for your belief in our leadership and our radical idea. I deeply regret that you have been let down.

I also want to take this opportunity to speak personally for a second. I've always tried to show everyone the utmost respect and poured my heart and soul into this league for the last few years. Decisions I have made or been a part of haven't always been popular with everyone, but that is leadership in a nutshell. Those that have never attempted it will never understand the true commitment it takes to run a top notch league. But I can't help but feel a little insulted that some chose not to address me directly in any way with their decision to step down. Obviously Doug and I shared in the leadership here, so any league matters communicated to him would be relayed to me, but to communicate exclusively with him definitely leaves me feeling slighted. It's kind of like adding insult to injury.

This was definitely not the way we expected this to go down, especially not so soon. It has been a pleasure getting to know and doing battle on the virtual gridiron with you guys over the years, I will certainly miss our group. But the sheer disappointment of how this transpired will not be a sting that will quickly fade.

Best of luck to you all.

Jim

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

This is disappointing to me on so many levels. Our expectations were clear from the jump and absolutely nothing has changed except that members are backing out on their commitment and dropping out of the league (without even giving it a chance I might add; only 5 Madden weeks). It's clear to me now that it was the intentions of some to just give this a try and quit if they didn't like it. That certainly isn't fair to me and Jim for our time and money invested (yes, money), but most of all, that isn't fair to the other league members who committed to this league and haven't wavered. I'm not asking for a pity party nor am I asking for donations. I just want everyone to recognize that there is more involved here than just a decision for people to leave.

With that said, I wish all of you the best. Avery, Chris, Chris, Michael, and Troy feel free to hit me up and I'll get you in contact with a good league and commissioner if you are interested in a different league.

Take care.

Doug

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

Thanks doug and Jim is been fun.

• Like Like x 2
  4. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

[​IMG]
    You guys did a lot of good owners dirty. It was eventually gonna come back. You will recover its just a game anyway.

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. CSteud

CSteud Walk On

Disappointing day to say the least. I've been doing this for over 10 years and for it to end like this is sad. I understand the decision to shut it down and don't blame you guys for doing so. LtJustice CHUNKNESS thank you guys for providing years of entertainment and an escape from this crazy thing that is life.

Good luck to everyone involved!

• Like Like x 7
  6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Sad day. Sorry to see this.

Best of luck fellas.

• Like Like x 3
  7. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Why not just go back to your old format?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

While the suggestion is appreciated, we went to this format for a reason. Going to a 32 owner format is not something either one of us is willing to entertain at this juncture.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mugga

Mugga Walk On

Fellas thanks for the opportunity much respect to Everyone in the Q especially Jim and Doug learned a lot balling with u guys I will be in touch. #thisainttheend #evenMJ23cameback

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  10. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

-2014SIDWICK-ABU-300.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. AveryB

AveryB Walk On

Well said!

• Like Like x 2
  12. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

Guys I was not a fan of the new format but did not feel slighted by that move in the least. I was not a part of this group as long as some have been but I enjoyed every minute of it. I have been watching from the sidelines hoping to see this league stay strong. I hate to see this league come to an end. Jim and Doug you guys have done a phenomenal job running a successful league and I thank you for my experiences with you guys.

• Like Like x 3
  13. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Appreciate the years we played together and the time you 2 along with others have committed to the league. It never was my intention to quit halfway through but it was just something I wasn't enjoying and seemed more like a chore than something fun. Nothing personal and best of luck to all of you guys

• Like Like x 3
  14. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Sorry it didn't work fellas. Was a bold move to try something drastic and new that better fit you guys' schedules. Best of luck and hope to meet up w/ y'all on the gridiron again someday.

15. Triple111's

Triple111's Walk On

LtJustice CHUNKNESS

Truly appreciated the opportunity. The Q actually got me back into Madden. I enjoyed the time I was apart. Good luck to all owners that were in the league.

• Like Like x 1
  16. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Though I wasn't a fan of this new format, I don't understand guys bailing out so soon in the FIRST season. Thanks, Jim & Doug, for the opportunity to play in this league. As I stated on GM, I hope you guys don't give up on the Q completely. This league has a history and a solid core of owners. I would love to continue being a part of that for many more years to come...

• Like Like x 1
  17. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

A great league has been ruined. This 16 owner format was tried a few years ago and it failed miserably and 32 owners were brought back. Madden is a game we all enjoy playing. And when you only playing 8 games (if you are lucky) in a season, that removes the joy of playing. I mean i hate bye weeks so i cant imagine having 9 bye weeks. Just my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

I appreciate the countless hours and amount of energy given freely to all members past, present, future
    LtJustice CHUNKNESS

I also appreciate all of my relationships I've gained since the 12th man and the Q...tons of good dudes along the way and I fully expect to keep interacting with

• Like Like x 3
  19. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

if not you guys, why not see if somebody else is willing take over to run the league? Could be interest there to return this to a 32 owner league. An opportunity for somebody to run the league if they want.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. heathh

heathh Walk On

I was disappointed, I wasn't selected to be a part of this league. I was hoping to actually be in 2 leagues this year. However, I'm a grown man and I got over it. I figured maybe something would change, and you would need me. I hate that it failed so early for you guys.

Jim and Doug I've told numerous people that you guys run/ran the best league I've ever been a part of. Yeah I didn't always agree with a lot of stuff, but still didn't stop me from thinking it was the BEST. I really enjoyed my time in the Q and want to thank you both for allowing me to be a part of 2 of those releases. I can only imagine how draining it is to run a league, especially a league as nice, tightly ran as you did with the Q.

If you ever decide to start another in the next release or even the following. Please consider me a applicant.

Super glad I got to meet such true SIM players!

Oh and Troy, I only used one -> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care all.
    Heath

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  21. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

It's called 1st and 10....

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  22. lboogie

lboogie Walk On

Speaking of 1st and 10 I'll say I'm loving it so far! I see 1st and 10 lasting a long time and will soon be the ELITE Madden Online Sim 32 owner league. Keep up the good work Mugga and Pope!

• Like Like x 3
  23. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

Kidofcrash23 yes 1st and 10 does have about 15 members that were or have been in the Q at one point or another. But myself and those guys were removed for the new 16 owner format, so my good buddy Mugga and MrWitness36 asked me help them start up a new league. At that time I was a member R2C. R2C was trying to get interest for 16 and it wasn't going too well and bringbackjimmy wasn't sure if he would do Madden on PS4. So with the help of a very good guy named bringbackjimmy we merged R2C with the homeless madden league players from the Q and a few other sim players we were in contact with and 1st and 10 was born. ALL members of the THE Q have been invited the jump on the waiting list, including Jim and Doug who declined. Much luck to everyone going forward.

• Like Like x 5
  24. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

1st off... appreciate the many years of service from you guys running a great league. We all have been playing the game for a very long time together. We all know the countless hours and energy that you all put into this... I dont think any of us had any intentions on leaving..... Our intentions was to be "ALL IN" but when you're sitting around.. not playing the game.... it becomes/became tough to continue. You asked us to be honest about our opinions...........and we did. 4 of us did not feel like the format was one in which worked for us. That leaves 12 other people.. We all said that we were stepping off after the 1st season. Im more than sure those 4 spots could have been filled. The Q always had a replacement system where people were on the waiting list. The show always went on!

In the end, the format was not a formula which made the Q what it was. People came to this league because of the camaraderie and excitement of playing in the best Madden league. The boards were dead... GroupMe was dead.... the fun dwindled away.

You cant put the weight on the shoulders of the 4 guys that stepped off for the league closing up shop....... put that on the idea of the 16 user format that didnt work!

Nothing personal or lack of respect for time and whatever else was invested... but the fun was not there "playing" the game. Hope to still meet up with you all to get some work in!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
    • Like Like x 6
  25. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

For what it's worth, the Madden guy in me missed the shit out of this league this year. Madden 16 was just never the same for me and I sold my copy before the month of November was even over. (First time I've ever sold a copy of Madden and not at least waited for a trade-in). Unfortunately, without this league and group, I'm not even expecting myself to buy M17.

Hope the OG 12th Man/Q family are doing well and kickin ass in 2k16! (y)

• Like Like x 4