*ANNOUNCEMENT* Waivers Now Open! Deadline Saturday 9/7/13 @ 11:59pm EST

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by LtJustice, Sep 7, 2013.

1. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

The franchise has been advanced and preseason waivers are now open!

With all of the scrimmages going on, and the fact that rosters are still mostly stock, we have decided to forego the preseason entirely. We will be holding a 24 hour waiver period for teams to claim available free agents.

The deadline for waiver claims is Saturday 9/7/13 @ 11:59 PM EST

While the franchise has been officially advanced to week 1 of the regular season, we are not opening games yet and still consider this to be the pre-season.

DO NOT:

DO NOT PLAY ANY GAMES YET

DO NOT SIGN ANY FREE AGENTS IN THE FRANCHISE

TRADES:

This is also your final opportunity to use any remaining "OFF-SEASON" trades that you have available. Once we officially kickoff games for week 1, any unused off-season trades will be forfeited.

All teams may now process APPROVED TRADES in the franchise. If your trade has yet to be approved, DO NOT PROCESS IT until you receive that approval.

ROSTER CUTS:

All rosters should now be at 53 players. If you failed to get your roster down to 53, I am sorry to say that you will have lost some players to auto-cuts. If that is the case; you have nobody to blame but yourself, so please don't come crying to league management about the 54th guy on your roster being cut.

WAIVERS:

New format for waiver claims (pre-season ONLY)...

Following the league deadline for teams to cut rosters to the 53 man limit, waivers will be used to claim free agents during the pre-season. The waiver order is determined by the results of the previous season in reverse standings order.

Teams will be required to submit a form to claim free agent claims during the waivers period. The form will be available in the Team Management forum.

Only ONE form submission is allowed per team. The results of the form are private and will not be available for public display until AFTER the applicable waiver claim deadline. Do NOT post the name(s) of the player(s) your team is claiming in the forum. A confirmation message will display when a waiver claim form has been successfully submitted.

Teams may submit claims for an unlimited number of free agents. Teams must list their claims in order of priority. If a team elects to make separate claims for multiple free agents, the team will be assigned each free agent that is rightfully claimed through the waiver order even if the separate claims are for the same position.

Teams are allowed to provide an UNLIMITED number of alternate free agent names of the SAME position IN ORDER OF PREFERENCE within the same claim. The reasoning behind this is to allow the team to sign a free agent at the designated position if their first, second, or third (and so on) target is claimed by a different team via waiver order.

If a team provides alternate free agent names with each claim (for the same position only), the team will claim the free agent option that is highest on the team’s preference list through the process of elimination based on the waiver order. Once a free agent from a team’s preference list has been designated to be claimed, all alternate free agent names associated with the claim will be eliminated from their list of options.

Free agent claims will be awarded based on priority AND waiver order as follows...

Example 1: FA assigned based on waiver order.

Scenario: The Chiefs and Jaguars each submit waiver claims for free agent WR Randy Moss.
    Waiver Order

1. Chiefs
    2. Jaguars
    3. Raiders
    The Chiefs list WR Randy Moss as their #1 priority on their waiver form.

The Jaguars list WR Randy Moss as their #1 priority on their waiver form.

RESULT: The Chiefs would be awarded the rights to Moss as both teams had Moss listed as their #1 priority, but the Chiefs are higher than the Jaguars on the waiver order.

Example 2: FA assigned based on priority over waiver order.

Scenario: The Chiefs and Jaguars each submit waiver claims for free agent WR Randy Moss.

Waiver Order

1. Chiefs
    2. Jaguars
    3. Raiders
    The Chiefs list HB Beanie Wells as their #1 priority on their waiver form and Moss as their #2 priority with WR Brandon Lloyd as an alternate #2 priority in their claim for Moss.

The Jaguars claim WR Randy Moss as their #1 priority.

RESULT: The Jaguars would be awarded the rights to Moss as they had Moss listed higher on their priority list (#1 priority) compared to the Chiefs (#2 priority).

Example 3: FA assigned based on alternate FA's listed.

Scenario: The Chiefs, Jaguars, and Raiders each submit waiver claims for free agent WR Randy Moss.
    Waiver Order

1. Chiefs
    2. Jaguars
    3. Raiders
    The Chiefs claim WR Randy Moss as their #1 priority on their waiver form.

The Jaguars claim WR Randy Moss as their #1 priority on their waiver form with WR Brandon Lloyd as an alternate in their claim for Moss.

The Raiders claim WR Randy Moss as their #1 priority on their waiver form with WR Brandon Lloyd as their first alternate and WR Steve Smith as their second alternate in their claim for Moss.
    RESULT: The Chiefs would be awarded the rights to Moss based solely on waiver order. The Jaguars would be awarded the rights to WR Brandon Lloyd based on alternate claim as their #1 priority and they are higher on the waiver order than the Raiders. The Raiders would be awarded the rights to Smith as they had Smith listed as their #1 priority and second alternate after Lloyd.

Once a free agent has been claimed via waivers, the free agent MUST be signed. If a team needs to create roster space or cap space to sign the free agent, they will be forced to do so in order to sign the claimed free agent. The player may be released at any time during the regular season. Free agency will be first come, first served at the opening of week 1 of the regular season.

2013 PRE-SEASON WAIVER ORDER

1 Kansas City Chiefs
    2 Jacksonville Jaguars
    3 Oakland Raiders
    4 Philadelphia Eagles
    5 Detroit Lions
    6 Cleveland Browns
    7 Arizona Cardinals
    8 Buffalo Bills
    9 New York Jets
    10 Tennessee Titans
    11 San Diego Chargers
    12 Miami Dolphins
    13 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    14 Carolina Panthers
    15 New Orleans Saints
    16 St. Louis Rams
    17 Pittsburgh Steelers
    18 Dallas Cowboys
    19 New York Giants
    20 Chicago Bears
    21 Cincinnati Bengals
    22 Washington Redskins
    23 Minnesota Vikings
    24 Indianapolis Colts
    25 Seattle Seahawks
    26 Green Bay Packers
    27 Houston Texans
    28 Denver Broncos
    29 New England Patriots
    30 Atlanta Falcons
    31 San Francisco 49ers
    32 Baltimore Ravens

ROSTER REQUIREMENTS

Whether you choose to make any waiver claims or not, your roster MUST meat the minimum roster requirements found here:

Waiver claims are THE ONLY WAY to sign free agents for your week one games.

Big thanks to Doug (CHUNKNESS) for taking the time to put together the waiver claim form and parameters!

Good luck and happy bidding!

~Jim
    QSF Commissioner

Aaron (Hulk_hagen_55 )
    Alex (Ninersfan80)
    Alonso (ferocious)
    Avery (AveryB)
    Carl T. (CTfromDC)
    Chris (CSteud)
    Curtis (thafuture3886)
    Danny (DJDunn6)
    Dave (saintsdave75)
    David R. (ncsu12ddr)
    Doug (CHUNKNESS)
    Eric (Easy Dez It)
    Grey (LLCoolGrey)
    Heath (heathh)
    James M. (cry_havoc)
    James Y. (Phenom)
    Jim (LtJustice)
    Jon (Warhawk AKA dreadman)
    Juan V. (Juan Valencia)
    Kris (coachmimz20)
    Lawon (MrWitness36)
    Loren (ThaBayouChef)
    Michael C. (KNICKSFAN_84)
    Michael O. (Michael Overman)
    Mike A. (Miki1369)
    Mike S. (CowboyMike70)
    Moe (CaptMoe)
    Pope (dablakpope)
    Rob (PepperNY)
    Steve (sactown)
    T.J. (klaximilian)
    Troy (redlishus)

• Like Like x 3
  2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Reply with any waiver claims Q&A here so that the rest of the league may see the responses as I'm sure we may receive some duplicate questions/answers.

Good luck everyone!

• Like Like x 2
  3. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

If you only want ONE of your free agent prospects at a particular position of need, then you want to list each of the free agent prospects in the SAME priority entry in order of preference. The other free agents that you list under your primary target would be considered your alternate options if the primary target free agent is claimed before your team can claim him. Example: WR RANDY MOSS, BRANDON LLOYD, JABAR GAFFNEY. Based on the example, Moss would be your primary target; Lloyd would be your first alternate after Moss, and Gaffney would be your second alternate after Lloyd if both he and Moss had been claimed prior. If you submit the free agents as separate priority claims, you would be earning the rights to ALL of the free agents instead of just one of them. I hope this makes sense.

Waivers will be applicable to the pre-season only just before the season kicks off. The CFM was advanced to week 1 only to enforce the 53 man rosters, but we haven't officially kicked off the season yet. Once the season kicks off, FA signings will be first come, first served.

I hope this helps clarify for you or anyone else who need additional explanation. If not, let us know!

• Like Like x 2
  4. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

I'm a little confused now.
    If I want to sign an OG and a FS, do I put both on the same line or do I put them on separate lines on the form?

5. heathh

heathh Walk On

separate cause it is a different position! If it is the Same Position you will only put more than one name on that line

• Like Like x 3
  6. LtJustice

Well said sir!

7. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

8. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

well not that soon ...b/c then the claims will have to be made on the franchise file...but not too far in the future

• Like Like x 3
  9. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Ok that's what I thought. But after reading Doug's reply above I understood it differently.
    Thanks!!!

10. heathh

heathh Walk On

yes sir! Just want to make sure you understand!

11. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

What is the Ruling for newly aquired FAs in terms of position changes, none till offseason if im not mistaken, or am i? may affect my decisions on my waiver list

12. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

13. LtJustice

Correct, all players in the franchise must now play their natural position, unless it's a suitable depth chart substitution. Players may not change positions again until the next off-season.

Below you will find the rules regarding depth chart substitutions and off-season position changes:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

11:59 Pm Eastern

Reminder

15. heathh

heathh Walk On

cant we just say they have all been turned in and move on? they've had all day! jk

16. ncsu12ddr

ncsu12ddr Walk On

I actually just got home haha. I have been tailgating all day and then I went to the game, so I actually havent had all day.

17. heathh

heathh Walk On

Yea, I was just kidding. Football Sat. Most everyone had something to do. Except me, just stay home and watch the kid and watch football! Which Im happy with!

18. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  19. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

SPEAK NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE PEOPLE

TICK TO THE MOTHERFUCKING TOCK

20. heathh

heathh Walk On

ITs over? I win?

21. LtJustice

Waivers have closed, announcement coming soon.

• Like Like x 4