Another gameplay video for NCAA 14

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Drifterbub, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I'm a little scared to post this due to the backlash. I don't think it looks very good, but it does show some good stuff with the option game and the stiff arm I mentioned in my previous article. What I can tell you is that I think this video is not from the latest builds that the other gameplay footage was taking from. There is a lot of skating and some interaction weirdness. So take it with a grain of salt.

Thoughts?​

• Like Like x 3
  2. Big_FN_Deal

Big_FN_Deal Walk On

I'm interested to see how this all looks from a default game play view and I am hoping being further away some of these blemishes won't be as noticeable. Is that how you guys that got to play the early builds felt, did the game play view make some of these hiccups less prominent?

3. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Still more good than bad here imo, minus the hideous representation of the ND helmets in the night games :)

4. TryHardNation

TryHardNation Texas Gang or Die

Interesting. I'm surprised there's been nothing other than the various gameplay articles from different sites. Was really hoping for a webcast.

5. Snake Eyez

Snake Eyez Walk On

I love X's and O's... eager to see the playbooks after reading somewhere that more team's have more authentic looking playbooks for their styles

6. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

So watched some youtubes of NCAA from 04 and 06...can you GCers BEG for them to port the 04/06 gameplay to current gen and then update graphics/presentation/sound + the new recruiting overhaul? i'm seriously thinking about buying an old ps2 and ncaa 06 just to play a good football game.

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    What about it exactly do you feel like is not present? You don't like playing defense? I mean the dynasty mode was good, but gameplay? I disagree completely.

I think if you put your hands on it again you will see that it is little more than an arcade game.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  8. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

If nothing else, i enjoyed this post simply for the Busta track

• Like Like x 2
  9. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Good God :eek:

looks my Seahawks defending in TMFL

10. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

I understand what you're saying. What I love about those old games is the movement and the running/juking/jumping animations. It was faster paced and so smooth. Defense? Sure, I like defense...but that's just a tweak of the AI. I like the ENGINE of the game and the way the players lean and slow down to make cuts and you can hard juke or just do like a head fake juke and it looks amazing. Thats what I want from that. Also, its plenty easy to have no defense on the current game if you want it that way. I just think the engine and the player animations are soooo smooth compared to now.

All I know is...I've done some top ncaa football games of the last decade searches...and ALL of them leave out NCAA 09 to present. A lot of posts I've seen love the gameplay aspect of the previous gen versions and are sick and tired of weird animations and bugs/glitches along with never actually getting gameplay right (like it was) and keeps throwing out mediocre gimmicks that don't always work well (CC).

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  11. iPhoenix

iPhoenix Walk On

Those last-gen cleats :yuck: