Another Idea

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Feb 19, 2009
    Here's one OM used to do, and I think it went over well:

We follow the top recruits each season. Why not follow them (and any other impact freshmen) through their first year?

Each year, we pick a freshman or two from each user team, and follow their seasons. Since we can't sway, it's likely that freshmen will play for all of us, so we can jump around from team to team each week, instead of putting together the big posts OM used to do, so it'll be a bit easier.

Between this and the Top 30 posts, we'll probably make mention of about half the teams each week, and discuss everyone's team every few weeks or so. Those competing in the top 30 will be discussed week to week. Those who aren't will likely have freshmen playing significant roles, as will the rest of us.

I also like the idea of a hall of fame or a user MVP kind of thing at year's end. That, plus choosing the match-up for the kickoff classic should give us some stuff to do during the off-season days.
  2. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Jul 19, 2010
    Sounds good...I like the concepts...let's make it work now.
  3. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Aug 19, 2010
    I can dig this! And really, I don't think it requires a significant amount of work.