Another Major Announcement for NCAA???

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Five_Fifs, May 30, 2012.

1. Five_Fifs

Five_Fifs Walk On

Saw someone else post this link on another website. Thought you fellas could have some fun hypothesizing about what it may be......

http://www.easports.com/news/article/ea-sports-e3-viewing-guide#

"NCAA Football
    NCAA thought they’d jump the gun a little bit and give you a taste of what they’re bringing to the table a week early. In addition to revealing their Heisman Playbook on Wednesday May 29th, they’re also hosting a Heisman Webcast the same day. There may also be another big announcement in the works that we’re not at liberty to discuss yet...but if we were you we would probably be checking the site regularly for some big NCAA news."

Thoughts???

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Haha, I've played NCAA '13 and have no idea what this is.

3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

I know what it is......

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Five_Fifs

Five_Fifs Walk On

Maybe it's not as big as they're letting on in the article??? Who knows...the speculation is super entertaining though, lol.

5. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    If it is what I think it is I wouldn't get too excited.

6. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

"Wednesday May 29th" Eh?

• Like Like x 3
  7. Jordan Kleinedler

Jordan Kleinedler Walk On

I'm going to do the Amazon pre-order for the pro combats, kind of sucks that I won't get Ingram, Leinart, and Tebow.

8. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Playing Demo gives three extra Heisman Challenge mode athletes?

9. Jordan Kleinedler

Yeah and they just announced who, so if you do not pre-order through gamestop than you will have 13/16 players. That is if you play the demo, if not than only 10/16.

10. Jordan Kleinedler

As I watch this webcast, makes me kind of excited to play this Heisman mode. Something new, and playing with a guy like Desmond Howard will be real fun returning punts and kicks.

11. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    So Ben just said it the other announcement will be at E3.

12. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I'm ordering through Amazon because it's $45 and the pro combats. I've got the spare cash so I may preorder it at Gamestop and return the next day after I use the code lmao.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Five_Fifs

Five_Fifs Walk On

So....let the guessing game begin!

Let's work out way through this logically....

First off, in trying to figure out the bigness of the "big" new feature, we gotta acknowledge that first, EA is putting themselves out on a limb here, a little bit. Credibility is on the line, yo, lol......they can't get our feelings all high (especially in light of some of the complaints folks have made in past years) and then have this "big" unveil be something that has us reacting like "really, EA???? Really"...after all, it is being unveiled at E3.....

I think it's a safe assumption that whatever it is, it's got to be something big enough to warrant us "checking the website regularly for some big NCAA news"....

In the same breath....this is a business. This new "feature" couldn't be larger than any of the things we already know are coming...could it? There's been rumors of a new more realistic physics engine that Madden's allegedly getting? That may be too big, no? It would be cool for player's weights to really mean something now"

Also, I would imagine that it would most likely address an area that is not related to any of the things being released in the Playbooks.....So I can't imagine anything large related to Dynasty Mode or Presentation. And certainly not a new mode.....I could imagine something related to game play that hasn't been revealed, but in the same breath, none of the videos we've seen seem to support that there is anything left to reveal with that.

That leaves these things that haven't been discussed yet in detail, but might be reason for excitement:

- Team Builder enhancements???
    - Online play enhancements (spectator modes, maybe....more folks able to play in dynasties, maybe?)
    - Some other gameplay enhancements???

any other conspiraciy theories???

14. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    If you make friends with your local Gamestop (the manager) he might print you come codes for free, mine does.

15. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    If it is what I suspect it is, I'm going to be surprised even.

16. Jordan Kleinedler

I know some people so Im going to see what I can do. Im from Flint, Michigan and so is Mark Ingram (watched him play in high school) so kind of cool and thats a big reason I'd like this. If anything i will just purchase them if its DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jordan Kleinedler

And regarding the "announcement" I'm really hoping its spectating during dynasty mode! I feel that would make things a little more laggy or have more bugs however.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Like I said earlier, I'm not sure exactly what they are hyping, but as far as I know spectator mode isn't possible using the connection model in the game currently.

19. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

How does EA sucker me in every year? They have me anticipating game news and it's release like a kid waiting for Christmas! It's nuts!

I just hope everything works... Last year they were so close.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Five_Fifs

Five_Fifs Walk On

Wonder if maybe we can get FCS teams???? That would be a "big" announcement that doesn't overlap with anything we've heard about already....And it's something that isn't consistent with what we've heard/ seen so far....could be a relatively easy secret to keep, no?

• Like Like x 1
  21. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I, for one, would love it. Hello, Northern Iowa Panthers!

22. Wall E McFly

Wall E McFly Walk On

I know last year they got me with the custom playbooks which got me excited and I couldn't wait to play NCAA12. This year its the defense alignment, new ball trajectories, new catch animations, ect. Got me anticipating the demo for sure.

23. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

that would be awesome!

24. Five_Fifs

Five_Fifs Walk On

It would be even more awesome if they allowed you to choose an FCS Dynasty and play through the FCS Playoffs too!!! And to top it off, let FCS teams get invited to an FBS league after some level of success. You could even make it more challenging by only letting FCS teams have "realistic" shots at 1 and 2 star recruits....maybe the occasional 3 star kid.....

Oh.....me and those dreaming eyes of mine......

25. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I would *yawn* at that, but to each their own.

• Like Like x 2