Another marathon evening against Stanford

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Hellisan, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Another game against Stanford. Another lead and disconnect while having that lead (7 points, and with the ball around the Stanford 35-45 area).

Another restart and being down against a good player and wanting to slit my wrists. This game will FINALLY result in some restart rules for our league. I know that Hotrod probably will be happy.

I don't have time to write a whole game summary because I want to do some shit on the recruiting... But Down 24-21 and with Stanford driving the ball with about 2:30 to go, MLB Ron Flynn (cpu controlled) forced a fumble which cornerback Adam Rice fell on. Huge break for us.

We drove down the field and scored on a beautiful catch and throw against zone coverage from QB Greg Baker to WR J.R. Arnold with 0:41 on the clock, then managed to hold them out of the end zone with an interception near the goal line.

Anyway here is basically my thinking on why we need some restart rules...

Reason 1 is simply this: This shit is taking too long. Even in a game in which you have to replay a shortened version of the game and the winner has to play it out... Hell at least the loser gets to do something else with the rest of his night, instead of me and BBJ literally playing from 9:30 to 11:45 today. That's bullshit, none of us should have to invest that much time in this game. And that's not considering if it disconnects TWICE. Then rules will really save us time.

Reason 2: If you have a big lead on a guy and it disconnects and you play the cpu and somehow lose... I'm throwing that shit out. YOU ALREADY BEAT THAT TEAM. This isn't H.O.R.S.E. You don't have to "prove it" you get that win, period. Same thing here... If you have a 7 point lead with a quarter to go, why should you have to start on even ground and play a whole game? That's almost insulting to the other guy assuming that you should be able to just beat him twice no problem. Look we're all pretty even skill wize.... Should I expect to beat BBJ twice EVERY SINGLE TIME WE PLAY?. That would be a little overconfident. I should only have to beat him once.

I'm checking around for some good rules and if I don't find any I like, I will draft my own. I'm literate enough for that, I think.

2. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Disconnects and Restarts: At no point should a game be restarted, but in the event that it does happen, the player is required to post the reason within the General League Discussion tread and send a PM to me. Any member found to have an invalid reason for a restart will have their game results thrown out and the game simulated. In the result of a disconnection from a user game, if it occurs within the first 3 quarters the game must be restarted. If it occurs within the 4th quarter, then the remainder of the game is to be simulated. In the event of a disconnection, both users are required to post the reason within the General Discussion tread and to send me a PM. Repeat offenders will not be tolerated and will be subjected to a Ban from the league. Intentionally quitting a User or CPU game will get you immediately banned from the league, and possibly from the site, so don't do it.

This is the rule I had in RMG, not sure how much it will help.

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I really want to come up with a rule that addresses the fact that most of these restarts these days are just server farts and I want the game to basically continue with the same score. Simming would be a last ditch thing unless each team was out of the BCS race.

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I want fucking EA to implement a create a scenario feature. They should allow the commish to create a ad hoc game like 3rd quarter stan vs wash 4 min left 21-10 Washingon....'SPAWN GAME'

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I like that idea but none of this is even necessary... Look at COD.. Even if the host drops (16 guys in a room!) it just assigns a new hosts and remembers all the parameters from when the game kicked and re-starts.

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Or.....let me reinvite you to the game after you drop out!

7. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Wish they would just do something that had in Madden back in like 04...when a game discoed you could save it on the home team side and then host it and the other guy could join up and finish the game, it really only worked about half the time but why not have that now.

I agree though we need something in place, I havent been in many games where this has happened so I havent experienced this huge frustration but there needs to be something put in place.

BTW nice win Helli.

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    helli won? i wasn't sure...

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah I would have waited awhile to make the rule if I had lost. Don't want things to come off like sour grapes, I never mind a fair loss.

I mean the same thing happened to Hotrod one year against you... Had a lead, by the time you guys had to play the game 4 times he just didn't CARE anymore. Or his game plan was out the window. We shouldn't have to throw that shit away.