Another proposal

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I like our trade system as far as for offseason setup. However, I would like to expand a bit, since there are so few trades that go on during the season. What I would like to propose is this:

10 points in trades during the offseason only (don't use them, lose them).

4 points in trades for season use only.

My thought process behind this is partly selfish, I will admit: right now I am out of trade points. Which means I am done until next season. I only made 2 trades. I think that is a bit limiting, personally. BUT....I also do not want free wheeling crazy dealing all the time either. That is ridiculous.

If nobody likes this, I completely understand. However, I think our trade rules do need some reworking a bit. Not a complete overhaul, mind you. I like the general idea of it. But either the proposal above (which is balanced I think, but open to discussion), or another idea I had which doesn't change much about our current trade rules:

10 points total every season. Every player/pick traded away counts as a point.

Note that I did not say receiving players counts as a point. I don't think a change of 10 players per season is drastic. I would wager that you see that kind of turnover every year in the NFL.

Please consider this if not for this offseason, then for next season and beyond. I don't see the harm in using either setup, but personally (to keep it simple), I like option 2 (10 points and only sent items count against you). I know I proposed the first one, but I do think option 2 is simpler and work effective for our needs.

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

the reason we were against that was because trading away 10 players in one offseason isn't realistic. I have always HATED our points system for trades. I feel its confusing. I wish there were a much simpler way to limit trades and allow guys to deal players and have a simple way of tracking both.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

So maybe we should discuss a changeover for next season? Or at least think about a discussion?