1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Another proposal

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I like our trade system as far as for offseason setup. However, I would like to expand a bit, since there are so few trades that go on during the season. What I would like to propose is this:

10 points in trades during the offseason only (don't use them, lose them).

4 points in trades for season use only.

My thought process behind this is partly selfish, I will admit: right now I am out of trade points. Which means I am done until next season. I only made 2 trades. I think that is a bit limiting, personally. BUT....I also do not want free wheeling crazy dealing all the time either. That is ridiculous.

If nobody likes this, I completely understand. However, I think our trade rules do need some reworking a bit. Not a complete overhaul, mind you. I like the general idea of it. But either the proposal above (which is balanced I think, but open to discussion), or another idea I had which doesn't change much about our current trade rules:

10 points total every season. Every player/pick traded away counts as a point.

Note that I did not say receiving players counts as a point. I don't think a change of 10 players per season is drastic. I would wager that you see that kind of turnover every year in the NFL.

Please consider this if not for this offseason, then for next season and beyond. I don't see the harm in using either setup, but personally (to keep it simple), I like option 2 (10 points and only sent items count against you). I know I proposed the first one, but I do think option 2 is simpler and work effective for our needs.

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

the reason we were against that was because trading away 10 players in one offseason isn't realistic. I have always HATED our points system for trades. I feel its confusing. I wish there were a much simpler way to limit trades and allow guys to deal players and have a simple way of tracking both.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

So maybe we should discuss a changeover for next season? Or at least think about a discussion?