Anticipating Madden 13

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by SimFBallCritic, Jun 27, 2012.

1. SimFBallCritic

SimFBallCritic Walk On

What's up guys,

Just a quick thread to get everyone talking. Based off of what you have seen so far what are you excited about for Madden 13? I'm excited about a lot of things, but overall I'm extremely excited about the gameplay. After having a chance to play the game I can honestly say that physics changes the way you play the game, you never know what kind of outcome you might get. Unscripted gameplay is tops on my list and Madden 13 offers that.

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I moved this inside The Clubhouse, I kind of want to remain radio silent in the outside forum.

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I can't even begin to sum up the excitement. Its a completely different game - I'm excited about every part of it, lol.

4. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

I haven't purchased Madden in a few years, it's been a rental. However this year it's a must have. Physics are huge but more exciting for me is the new passing and the read and react defense. I love the players can longer make a play on a ball they don't see! Trajectories will also revolutionize how people pass and play.

Then connected careers just sounds crazy good, deep, and interesting.
    Managing your team from the web or phone is a plus.

TMFL <------- awesome!

Back in the day (as they say) I was me of the top online Madden players in the country. I'm looking forward to playing with that passion once again. Obviously I'm no longer a college kid who can dedicate countless hours to improving my game, so becoming that top 20 player again is out of the question. However I hope to kick ass in the league!

Also looking forward to play with this guy.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  5. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Yeah I'm pumped for TMFL this year. As a person that made fun of all the "As The TMFL Turns" stuff in the chatbox, I'm glad to see the direction this is going.

6. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Well, we got rid of most of the douchebags.

7. Bondzai

You left a few in, but we'll work through it. :)

8. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    No names necessary.:)

9. Bondzai

LOL, I'm just fucking around anyway. I like this group.

10. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Didn't realize you got the vikes. Nice! We will be playing ALOT of xbox together next season haha

11. SimFBallCritic

SimFBallCritic Walk On

Ok, my fault Shaun.

12. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Yeah man, super pumped! Gampeplay looks awesome. The taste of the new passing trajectories I've had with the NCAA demo has made me very optimistic. I'll hold my thoughts back on the physics for now, because that is something I think you really have to "feel" to appreciate. I'm most excited about all the GM stuff and branching storylines. That's stuff I've been asking for in franchise mode for a long time. Should create a completely new dynamic to this already awesome league.

13. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I'm really just excited that they put the franchise/CCM functionality back on the console. I don't expect it will be perfect right out of the gates, but it's enough to pull me back into the madden vortex.

14. SimFBallCritic

SimFBallCritic Walk On

Uncontrollable laughing everytime I hear the world Douchebag!

15. SimFBallCritic

SimFBallCritic Walk On

CCM is deep this year! We gave some valuable feed back last week, but overall the mode is very deep and immersive.

16. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

OH YEAH!

Looking forward to the challenge of making the Vikings a force in the NFC and taking Michigan State to the top of the heap in The Legacy!

Need a new QB if the right guy is out there...not fond of "Pond" but I'll give him a shot once I have the game in hand -maybe I'll like him and keep him.

Otherwise I'll be looking for a current backup or rookie QB that wants to move to my team and become "the man" unless of course Cheez wants to trade me Phillip Rivers < my NC State boy. I'm a big run guy so having Peterson healthy is the key, having a QB is bonus to me so we won't sell the ranch to get some big name, big contract, Hollywood dude.

Short list I'm looking at in case we do make a move for a QB [heads up anyone thinking about trading your backup/rookie QB]:

Jake Locker
    Chad Henne
    Ryan Mallet
    Tim Tebow [although we already have Joe Webb who might be our version of Tebow anyway!] http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d82560219/QB-Webb-9-yd-run-TD
    Russell Wilson < NC State
    Colt McCoy
    Vince Young

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  17. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Never too early for trade discussions PIG BOMB....I like it.:)

18. Keller

For trades, a lot will depend on Buffalo's salary cap situation when I stroll into town.

I can tell some guys will be on the chopping block from day 1.

DT/DE Spencer Johnson
    DE Chris Kelsay
    S/LB Bryan Scott
    WRs not named Steve Johnson, David Nelson, Donald Jones, TJ Graham
    RT Erik Pears (if he doesn't beat out Hairston)

A key situation will be RB as well. I'm not typically a 2 horse show when it comes to who totes the rock. Fred Jackson will be very talented but he will also be 30 and Spiller, who fits what I like to do anyway, will be much faster and younger. Depending on Fred's contract situation he could be shown the door quickly or he may linger as a backup role, not sure. I can't imagine him starting for more than 1 season though.

Then comes the crucial QB situation. I just don't see anyway that I can be long term viable with Ryan Fitzpatrick. QB will be priority numero uno when I roll into town. I don't care what he's rated in the game - he old, has a spaghetti arm, and is too inconsistent (DPP will rape his ratings after throwing 1 INT). If he's a starter beyond season 1, its because I made the playoffs and didn't have a chance to select a top QB. I'll be searching for a guy I can develop though. Vince Young could be an interesting story but I typically hate mobile QB's so I expect to trade him quickly.

Projected starters

RDE - Mark Anderson/Shawne Merriman
    3tech - Marcel Dareus
    1tech - Kyle Williams
    LDE - Mario Williams

SAM - Kirk Morrison/Nigel Bradham
    MIKE - Kelvin Sheppard
    WILL - Nick Barnett

RCB - Aaron Williams/Terrance McGee/Leodis McKelvin
    LCB - Stephon Gilmore
    Nickle - Leodis McKelvin/Aaron Williams

FS - Jairus Byrd
    SS - George Wilson/DaNorris Searcy
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    QB - Ryan Fitzpatrick/Vince Young

HB - Fred Jackson/CJ Spiller
    FB/H-back - Dorin Dickerson

WR1 Steve Johnson
    WR2 Donald Jones/TJ Graham
    WR3 TJ Graham/David Nelson
    TE Scott Chandler

LT - Cordy Glenn
    LG - Andy Levitre
    C - Erik Wood
    RG - Kraig Urbik
    RT - Chris Hairston/Erik Pears

Its gonna be a fun ride.

19. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    He will also be smaller. I think Infinity Engine is going to make you speed guys reevaluate your priorities. I think your bigger backs are going to be a much better option now.

20. Keller

I understand that but I want to stay true to the Chan Gailey's offense so I want more of a Darren Sproles/Reggie Bush/CJ Spiller running back that can spread the field horizontally and catch passes out of the backfield. Then when I get teams to go Dollar or something like that, hit them up the middle with a few runs.

I HOPE that bigger backs have an increased role this year, I really do, and maybe I will have one in my stable of backs to mix in with Spiller but at least for now I want to stick with how the Bills run their offense currently. A lot of gun - spread teams out etc and a speed guy fills that role better than an Adrian Peterson type guy.

21. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

This is why I can't wait for M13 because of everything compiled into one thing. The storylines and twitter feed will be fun to read, the unscripted gameplay/new game engine, and the GM tools have me super stoked!

I've always liked the bigger RBs because of their trucking/break tackling/falling forward ability.

22. Bondzai

This is where my LeGarrett Blount/Doug Martin combo backfield will benefit me.

23. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Jackson/Pead is going to be a great combo =]

24. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I feel like you're going to have a blast with that team

25. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Looking forward to what Gore and James can do out of the backfield to go with the improved WRs the SF has brought in.

Good to see that the big bruising backs will be good this year. Probably look into acquiring one as I like the ability to run over people and fall forward.