Antonio Cromartie at Wr

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by Flyinhi2005, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Flyinhi2005

Flyinhi2005 Walk On

Antonio Cromartie may make debut at wide receiver for NY Jets Saturday against NY Giants

Rex Ryan leaves open possibility that cornerback may play both ways for first time

CORTLAND -- Antonio Cromartie may make his debut at wide receiver against the Giants on Saturday. Rex Ryan left open the possibility that the Jets’ cornerback could play both ways for the first time.

“I throw it out there, making sure that they’re working on it,” Ryan said about giving Cromartie some snaps at wideout. “It would be interesting. Throw him out there . . . see what happens.”
    Cromartie practiced in individual drills with the wide receivers for the first time on Monday.

“I’m 100% serious. This is something I want to do try to play both ways,” Cromartie said after practice.
    Cromartie worked with wide receivers coach Sanjay Lal at the beginning of practice to work on his technique. “He ran a good routes for me,” McElroy said.

Ryan joked that Cromartie could turn into a "diva" receiver, complaining about not getting the ball. He and Holmes would be some pair, huh?

"You see the skill that he has," Ryan said of Cromartie. "He's an impressive guy, but like I say, we'll find out when Kenny Phillips hits him or one of those big safeties, (Antrel) Rolle hits him or somebody like that. Then we'll see if he can still catch the ball, because a lot of guys look good in shorts, running around, but they get hit and sometimes they have a tendency to look like a T-Rex with those little arms."

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  2. Flyinhi2005

Flyinhi2005 Walk On

What ya think.. You think he will fail at wr, or show up and be a playmaker

3. AoHigh5

AoHigh5 CTE

The Jets are definitely most wild franchise in NFL this season, Rex Ryan loves attention or something! First Tebow, now this?? S. Hill and C. Schilens both should get reps and PT over this cat but if not then Jets are going to be even more horrible offensively, I would say poor Sanchez but he probably doesn't care with all the money he just got hahah

4. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

They shouldn't have cut DaMarcus Ganaway

:rolleyes:

Cromartie is athletic as can be but he will just half ass a route and cause a turnover.

5. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

This is a bad sign when your DB takes reps at wr. The jets are in very bad shape at wr. He will get decent totals prolly but that is only by default cause he couldnt be a 4th string wr on any team in the nfl but the Jets.

6. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

the worst part about him taking reps at WR is that they still haven't addressed who can throw the ball to the WR's... also, they have said they are going back to the ground and pound, and if Cromartie bails like he did when trying to tackle in the playoffs (image below #31), how can they expect him to block anyone?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I guess I'm in the minority that thinks that it doesnt hurt anything to try this.

• Like Like x 1
  8. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

i don't think it will hurt them other than he is losing reps on defense to take them on offense...i just don't think it will help them

9. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Cro can run a 9 route or an 8 route or be in on some kind of decoy play and not miss a down of defense they arent gonna have him go series at a time.

10. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

I am talking about his work in practice, I can only speak from my experience in practices, but the offense and defense had separate practices, so if he is over working on routes and plays with the offense, he is going to miss some reps in practice on defense.

11. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Hes been a vet in this league for a long time. Plus they let Cro freelance over there its not like he plays total assignment football. hence why he gets beat from time to time. I just dont see it being that big of a deal or really working that well but its worth a shot, no harm done.

12. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

he needs to work on tackling still

• Like Like x 2
  13. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

That is a given

14. DanTangoME

DanTangoME Walk On

JETS BE CHEESY AS GOUDA!

15. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On