Any Blackberry Junkies?

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Hellisan, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Any Blackberry Junkies?

Ok so I'd never owned a smart phone. I really don't need to surf the net from anywhere but my desktop and I figured blah, I really don't need one.

So I finally upgraded to one now since it was free for a Blackberry Curve.

Can't believe all the cool shit I've already found. An App that lets me listen to the sports radio station in my hometown, anywhere I am!?

Google maps which basically will give me the directions i need rather than messing with my Garmin all the time? (gonna sell that shit)

Pandora is the shit.

Just curious if there are any out there that you guys would recommend.

2. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

iPhone or BUST! :D:D:D

3. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Try an app called Poynt. It is pretty cool. Plus its free. It works as a GPS as well by knowing your location and then allowing you to locate businesses', people and movies. I use the movie portion the most as it locates the nearest theatre, shows you what is playing and times. It even will show you a movie preview and then give you directions to the theatre.
    Which app do you use to pull your local radio station or do you just go on to your browser and log onto the radio stations website?

4. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I have the iPhone and love it. I've never owned a Blackberry so I can't really speak on those.

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I am in your old shoes helli........still have jumped to a smart phone yet.....

in NYC it seems like they issue them to everyone.

6. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

I have a curve as well Helli. I got it in January or February. I have Verizon, was trying to decide between the Curve and the Storm when I got an email from Verizon telling me because I had a free phone upgrade available the Curve was now free, while the Storm was $150 - made the choice pretty easy.

And honestly I absolutely love the thing.

Case in point - on Tuesday we were talking about the All-Star game. Jayson Werth and Raul Ibanez's home/away splits came up.

So i grabbed my phone and hit ESPN. My friend was like 'what are you doing?' 'i'm looking up their splits.'

One great app to get is Slacker Radio. Its like Pandora but a bit different.

7. Kingerock

Kingerock I'm kinda a big deal...

I was a Palm guy in the early part of the decade. Moved to the Blackjack after that. I'm on the iPhone now and since the 2.0 software and the developer apps it's been one of the best purchases I've ever made, both for fun and for practical living.

I love being able to get updates on my phone as to any sport anywhere with Sports Tap, check my bank balance at the red light and buy my movie ticket in the car so it doesn't sell out before I get there.

I'm naturally an unorganized guy so I need help staying on top of my schedule and tasks. It's nice to have the mobile me to push calendar events and tasks to and from my home desktop, work laptop and phone and keep them all in sync.

blah, blah, blah... I'm going to go makeout with my phone.

8. CaddilacRockBox

CaddilacRockBox 3 Star Recruit

iPhone FTW. Yeah, I love the 3.0 update. Cut, copy, paste (finally).

I am pretty pissed about the new one though. I bought a 3G about 3 weeks before the 3Gs came out. I called Apple and At&t, bitched about it hoping for a rebate of some form. No luck. Oh well. I'm sure there will be a new model next year. Rumor has it that it'll be a brand new one, not one with a better cam and faster processor.

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Thanks for the suggestion of Slacker Radio i'll give that a try. With Pandora, it seems like the longer I listen, the less the songs make sense with the original group I input. heheheh.

10. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Here's what I have loaded on my Storm right now...
    Ubertwitter - Twitter app
    Facebook
    Google Maps
    Slacker - another cool feature of Slacker is that it can cache stations to your phone's memory
    SlingPlayer - I have a slingbox, so... :)
    ESPN launcher
    QuickPull - Reboots your phone w/o a battery pull
    Poynt - see above
    Weatherbug
    Yankees.com
    LED Reset - in the event that your light is blinking when you have no messages, this will reset it
    VCast SongID - Hold your phone up to some music, it'll tell you what it is, send you an email, etc... Good for music heads.
    Flashlight - oddly enough, a useful app.

11. totalwreckage

totalwreckage TMFL Coach/GM NY Jets

have to storm as well. Pretyt much bought it becasue the trialer to Vin Dieles Babylon AD looked cool as all shit. Niot realy that gifted techwise so I think the only app I have is yahoo lol