Any Cell Phone Nuts ??

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Black Republican, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Looking for opinions on the new line of Window's 8 phones. I've been an Android guy forever and love the platform and options offered by Moto, Samsung, HTC etc. But the integration with the XBox and XBox One I am intrigued on what all the phone has to offer. Pros & Cons .

2. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I work for a major wireless company. Windows phones have value in the corporate environment... Much like a blackberry. There are not many 1st party apps and overall phone feels boring and out of the loop. I have been carrying one for work for 6 months. As far as Xbox One integrating with smartphones, they would be crazy to exclude android ad iOS when it comes to pushing out apps.

Right now I would look at 3:
    Iphone5
    Samsung galaxy s4
    Htc one (if your carrier offers it)

Both the galaxy and htc is coming out with nexus versions. Stock android with no manufacturer skin. Those are usually without subsidy, but also without contract to look at bright side.

3. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

I guess I'll sit tight and see what the Xbox One and Microsoft have in store for mobile platforms. If I got a Windows phone it would solely be based off integration with the XBox. Phone spec wise I know the new Nokia 928 is on par with current release phones, the lack of apps is a pretty big factor as well. But as long as I have my Google apps I could live with some no name apps. I don't use the Instagrams etc, however not having DropBox would be lame.
    I'm not currently in the market for a new phone yet, just wanted to get some takes on how users like or hate their windows phone. Being a Moto (build quality, battery & radios) guy I'm looking forward to the X coming out this summer. Thanks for the reply bro!