Any chance for EA?

Discussion in 'NBA 2K' started by Bl0ndeRedHead, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

The guys at 2K are geniuses. Instead of resting on their laurels or making small changes with the knowledge that EA Sports won't be releasing a title this year, the 2K crew is doubling their efforts to put even MORE distance between themselves and EA. If EA doesn't come out with a game next year, and 2K improves two-fold again (assuming 12 is much better, which is the word so far) is there any shot for EA to be relevant in basketball video games for the next 5 years? If I were EA, I'd start preparing for the next-gen consoles at this point :D

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

They will come back strong. Live/Elite is arcadish and a ton of people like that style of ball. EA failed when they try to make it a basketball sim... thats not their style. 2k is built around making the game a simulation of real life while EA is built around the 'highlights' of the sport. If EA just stays in their lane they will move units. Trying to move over to take on 2k's movement was a bad idea.

Or they could always make a college basketball game...

3. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Lets not forget that EA Canada was making great strides before there was the out of nowhere swap to Tiburon. I hate to pile on the Tiburon shit show, but i don't think they can create an elite NBA title (pardon the pun).

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Now that I have played the 2k demo I will have to say EA has no chance at messing with 2k's NBA game from a simulation point. Their is nothing that they can possibly do that will get me thinking about purchasing that game. With 2k moving away from the canned animations, they have really upped their gameplay by ten.

And I pray on every 'pre release hype train' that one day they will get the rights to use TNT. Imagine Charles Barkley and the crew on 2k13 for a weekly show (like the old 2k5 used to have with Chris Berman). Or maybe just have them call a Thursday night game. In fact, I think they need to have two or three broadcasting crews. <-- Next level.

5. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    nba elite will have to be more of an arcade style game like jerzey said. they can't touch 2k as far as presentation/sim style basketball.

6. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

No chance in hell.

7. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Deleted- wrong thread

8. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

EA should just release an NCAA Bball game. I don't see how it wouldn't sell more alone than trying to go head to head with 2K in NBA.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Gotta remember that 2k8 was a 'good' game in its day so if it doesn't match that (from an immersion point) hardcore gamers will bash the shit out of it, therefore casual gamers will shy away from it. Looking at the issues all the EA sports games have, I'm starting to think they should just leave 'em alone, with Madden being the exception.

10. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

EA put a lot of time and money into NCAA Basketball 10 with the whole ESPN/CBS broadcast teams and tv presentations and the game STILL flopped. Sad thing was is that it was a good game. There just isn't money in CBB like there is CFB. The conference realignment is telling us that much.

11. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

If EA released a new college hoops game with Online Dynasties, I'd be interested.

If 2K released a new college hoops game with Online Careers, I'd nut my fucking pants.

• Like Like x 1