Any chance of a simple MLB 12 the show league?

Discussion in 'Tradition Baseball' started by danwin, Feb 15, 2012.

1. danwin

danwin Walk On

Is there any chance that there will be a simple MLB 12 the show league where you just pick your team and play 2 or 3 games a week? The TCBL sounds amazing but due to school work and a practicum, I just can't commit that much time to a league. Something similar to the FIFA 12 leagues would be great. Maybe even something where you use your diamond dynasty team would be fun. Just an idea to throw out there.

2. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

If you build it...

3. County5

County5 Practice? I mean c'mon..

We could do some kind of tourny with DD meybe, not sure how it would work out. It looks like there are 5 divisions for DD in the game, so it would be complicated but if we could find a way to handicap it somehow. Or if you wanted to do a smaller round-robin type league with a fantasy draft that would be cool too. Or just an accasional HR derby there looks like there a lot of fun to be had for b-ball philes like me and you.

As far as commitment goes to TCBL it is asking alot but if we have devoted ppl if should be rewarding. Not sure if the specifics are set in stone on how many games/week we gonna have, 4-5 sounds doable to me.

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

There is undoubtably going to be some guys who signed up that won't have a spot here in TCBL, I am all up for a simple league underneath. The problem with that is there needs to be good management for that league or else it will fall off the wagon a month or two in.

• Like Like x 3
  5. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

They will come?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. danwin

danwin Walk On

Well, they aren't showing up.

7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Nobody is building

8. f4cekha0s

f4cekha0s The Mad Hatter

Im kind of holding out till i learn if im in tcbl or not. If not id certainly help build something with the other guys that did not get in.

9. f4cekha0s

f4cekha0s The Mad Hatter

Im building....but no one seems interested at all.

10. danwin

danwin Walk On

sinthetik86 I know county5 is interested, hopefully others will decide to play.

11. f4cekha0s

f4cekha0s The Mad Hatter

Well hopefully I'll be permitted to set this up here and recruit guys from outside if need be.

12. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

Said it in another post, but I've got three or four guys who would be interested in the simple, 2-3 game a week league:

CxMacx10
    rschwep
    LAC27

We'd all be willing to help build and do whatever else would help. Don't lose faith.

13. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Game isnt out yet so interest may not be there yet. Im sure once the game comes out there will be interest

14. f4cekha0s

f4cekha0s The Mad Hatter

im working on a set up, just doing a poetry explication atm.

15. danwin

danwin Walk On

keep me updated.

16. f4cekha0s

f4cekha0s The Mad Hatter

tommorrow morning I will post everything i can come up with, then we will have the rest of the day to fine tune details.

17. danwin

danwin Walk On

sinthetik86 I just noticed you said 2 or 3 a week? I found a league that really suits my schedule this summer due to school, practicums, and the series C futbol league. I really can only commit to 1 game a week. Hope you find enough to play, good luck.

18. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    did a simple league ever get created? I picked up the show yesterday, and online league play is always more fun. I doubt i have the time for 5 games a week that the current league on here is doing, but if anything else got off the ground I'd be interested in joining up.

19. danwin

danwin Walk On

I'm not sure if one got off the ground or not. I would like to commit to a league but till I find out about a job I have interviewed for I can't commit. Give me a week and I should know about the job.

20. Dan Heckelbeck

Dan Heckelbeck Walk On

So no league? We could do tournaments if 8-12 guys wanted to..... I'm down for a friendly game of The Show.... d heck26 on the PS3.

21. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'm bringing this up again, I'd really like to see a 2-3 game/week league get started. I really enjoy this game, I'm not very good, but I enjoy it. I like playing the computer, and I like playing online when people play the right way, but nothing beats a multi-user league, with some CPU games and some user games.

So, if there are enough guys that could commit to a couple games a week, personally I'd say I could do 2 user games per week, but probably up to 7 CPU games per week. So, if we could set something up using all 30 MLB teams, and 6-12 user controlled, have either 1 or 2 guys per division, looking at playing more CPU games with the occasional user game, how many guys would be interested?

I'm not sure how much time i'd have to manage a league, as I do quite a bit with the FIFA league here, but I'd help getting it off the ground as much as i could and certainly play in it

danwin
    Dan Heckelbeck
    f4cekha0s
    fishdock
    @anyoneelsewhowantstoplay

22. Dan Heckelbeck

Dan Heckelbeck Walk On

I'd play in a league if one were available. If no league, I will still play online games with ya. I'm all about pure sim play style, no cheese :)

23. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

I haven't bought the game yet but would considering doing so if this gets going.

24. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    my PSN is Friz if you want to send me a friend request in PSN.
    I'd like to get it going, just a matter of how many people are interested. I can set it up on the game and send anyone who wants in an invite. If we can get at least six we can do either 1 per division, or 2 per division within AL or NL...or some combination. I assume we could run it mostly through the online leagues in the game and use a forum for scheduling as needed.