Any golfers out there?

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by mcyork, Apr 30, 2010.

1. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Any golfers out there?

Just picked up a set of green dot Ping g15's man are they sweet. took them out last night and played 9 my putting sucked and I shot a 45. I two putted 7 greens (I know drive for show putt for dough) Looking to buy a new driver I have a FT-3 Callaway anybody got a opinion on one they use or have tried?

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Maybe you should consider buying a new putter first???

I always love how people will slap down $300+ every other year for a new driver that they use less than once per hole on average, but then they'll grab some $80 putter that they will use 2+ times per hole on average......oh the irrational behavior of human beings.

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Me York, I CRUSH Ball!!!!!!!!!!!

4. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

I play all titleist clubs (except for odyssey 2-ball putter). I use the 905S driver now. I picked it up used for $100 or so last year, and I really like it a lot. I would recommend the 905S or 905R if you're looking to get a used driver. I couldn't rationalize paying $300 dollars for a new driver when I could pick up "last years version" for 1/3 the price.

I would suggest trying to hit a bunch of different kinds to see what feels the best. I'm not really that familiar with Callaway clubs, but I do love Ping (nice irons btw). Do you have a golf galaxy or anything like that nearby that you could go test drivers at?

5. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Thanks Ksherm I appreciate the love!! Got a new putter also 1st time with that too wife got it for me as a anniversary/fathers day gift. Yeah I plan on hitting up Golf Galaxy to demo a few drivers they have a lot of good deals on last years clubs.
    Hey Knigh your boyfriend told me the same thing!!!!

Oh and I meant to post this in the locker room not in here sorry!

6. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

As for demoing drivers, I wouldn't just trust what you see on the cpu monitors at the store. Once you find something that seems to fit, ask if they have one you can demo for a day or two outside before you blow your load.

7. astealthyhippo

2 putts aren't bad, that's what you're supposed to do. Especially when you factor in the new putter.

8. astealthyhippo

+1. It's amazing how straight and far I hit them against the screen. Too bad it doesn't translate exactly to the course.

9. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Yessir York, I love the game. In fact, theres an off chance of me being able to give up track and take head JH and assistan HS golf next year, would be in heaven.

10. Jman

That and the fact that if you look closely most of them are rigged to a 15-20 MPH wind at your back, always make me laugh.

11. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

I don't think you can go wrong with a titliest driver. I've had a 975D since they first came out 10 years ago or so. It depends on your skill though. If you are shooting 45's I would stick with a Taylor Made Burner. They just dropped the price on old models again and you can pick one up at a nice price. They are forgiving and long. I thought about getting one but they are just too hard to find in an 8 degree.

12. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

In my bag: titliest 975D driver, no fairway metals (all the places around me are between 6000-6500 yards so I don't even bother). Mizuno TZoid irons. Cleveland 56 and 49 degree wedges. Scotty Cameron platinum putter.

13. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

golf is for sissy's.

14. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I always do more drinking than golfing when I play. I do hold a record at the company's annual golf tournament for most beer drank though.

15. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Is that the same day you proposed to the bosses daughter?

16. Jman

And you're a bitch.

Got a point Cole? ;)

17. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I played 36 holes yesterday and I'm pretty sure I have atleast 2nd degree burns on my arms and legs. Got a new bag and didnt transfer the sun screen over.

I hadnt golfed in 7 months and still played fairly well, except all my putts were starting off line and it took me about 15 holes to get my range from 120 in down.

18. KnightNoles

Who is Knigh? no one around these parts that goes by that anymore.

anyways if you don't know
    "Me YORK, I CRUSH ball!!!!" now put that in deep caveman voice.

Also hows your wife and my kids?

19. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Its the 1st of the month bitch make sure the child support payment is in the mail and payable to Matthew York this time.

20. Jman

Sheesh, I didn't even get a rise out of you? :D

You'll always be Knigh to me...

And asshole, bitch, dumbass, fucker, etc, etc, etc... :D

21. KnightNoles

That is why you are in my place now...

The guy you never beat. :HoosierHoo::eek::eek:(y)

22. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I just golfed my first 18 ever with some crappy rental clubs. My score was 137 hahaha

23. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

you have to learn how to cheat better.

24. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Lol It was real fun though

25. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

To answer the original questoin, I have a Taylor Made R7 425 and love it. It has 4 adjustable weights that allow you to fit it to your swing instead of fitting your swing to your driver.
    The key though really is what kind of shaft you put in the thing. I have a nice extra shift Diamani shaft in mine that fits my swing tempo perfectly. I'm not a good golfer or anywhere near an expert but a lot of my friends here in the desert have helped me find the right equipment to where I can feel confident standing over any shot. That confidence doesn't add up to much though if you don't swing the stivks on a regular basis.