Any other loners here in TF?

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Hellisan, Apr 29, 2010.

?

Would you categorize yourself as?....

Poll closed May 9, 2010.
  1. A loner

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Impartial

52.9%
  3. Have to be around people!

47.1%
  1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Any other loners here in TF?

What type of person would you categorize yourself as

- Loner - Often times happiest when alone.

- Impartial - Doesn't matter either way

- Socially Reliant - Have to be around other people or I feel strange

I'm a dyed in the wool loner, I have a lot of friends etc. but I would definitely categorize myself as a loner, first and foremost. Just curious about you guys.

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I wouldn't really categorize myself as a loner, but when I am not in class or around baseball I'm alone in the living room on the laptop or xbox. I like going out but not like my teammates and other that go out every Thursday. I go out on the weekends but not recently since we play most of the day on both days.

3. Rudy

Rudy Pumped for NCAA 11

I enjoy being around people. I'm probably between that and the middle option but definitely not a loner. I like hanging out with friends and family much more than being by myself.

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Loner.....fucking people suck. I have a few friends for life that I love to hang with and my girlfriend but other than that...leave me the fuck alone!

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

the only people I really pity are those that just get so freaked out when they're alone. Like my brother. I mean he seriously comes out of his skin if he isnt around other people.

I'm sure some of those super sociable people feel sorry for loners too though.

6. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Exactly!

7. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

- Impartial - Doesn't matter either way

8. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

Lol with a 'tude like that I'm sure people don't really waste their time :D

9. Merih

As for me, I like to be alone when I'm in the Monday to Friday stretch of things. Even Saturdays and Sundays because that's when I can get alot of stuff done around my place. But I think having played team sports for so long has kind of wound me out of my loner phase. I have a crew of family (mostly cousins) that I'm really close to and work out/watch sports/movies with. I guess you could say I'm indifferent.

I run in streaks, so I'll have a few weekends where I'm out alot and stuff, but then I'll have weeks were its just me grinding it out in the gym or at the library.

10. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Hellisan, I agree completely. The people that really bother me are the ones that can't stand being alone, have to always be doing something, on the phone, etc.
    I am impartial leaning towards loner and am just as happy by myself playing Civilization on my cpu or hanging out with a few friends having a few drinks. In fact, I am probably more happy being by myself or just me and the wife watching TV or something.

11. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah...ya know what it is I work in manhattan and I am surrounded by people all day long and forced to interact with co workers and such....once I leave I dont want to deal with anyone anymore. See, WORKING is ruining me.....i need to find a way to stop!!

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Whatever you do, don't get a job where you actually have to WORK, that's what is ruining me. Me and a fellow commercial appraiser were discussing how hard we actually work and how many hours we put into it... then line that up with our meager salary... lol. OUCH> Then both of us have a lot of friends that make way more money with cushy corporate jobs where they don't have to actually use their brains...

13. Merih

That'll be me, my friend. Once I get my graduate degree that is.

14. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Honestly, doing what I do for what I make is pretty much an irrefutable sign of stupidity in and of itself, I congratulate you.

15. Merih

You know I used to think that I was built for an environment like that...but I'm realizing I'm not. I think I would now much rather work for a nice engineering or other corporate firm somewhere like Dallas and be able to get in my car and tune out the world after the shift at work.

Go back to my own house in a completely separate suburb and just relax. Last time I visited NYC for an internship interview it just felt like a sensory OVERLOAD in a big way.

I think I want clear separation between work life, home life, and the people around me. That way I can at least choose when I'm surrounding by folk and their ilk.

16. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I am definitely a homebody. I'm perfectly happy hanging at the house with the family or spending hours on end just with myself, the dogs and the TV.

17. Merih

Same here, I think I'm going to be that guy that turns his first home into his man-cave-palace. Big screen, surround, comfortable couches, tons of ent options, pool tables, all that stuff. My dad built up alot of that stuff, but is a workaholic and never really gets to enjoys the fruits of his labor.

Then comes the wife and all that shit goes to hell ;)

18. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah I got a cush job but I do have to use my brain.....my boss tells me every a week!:rolleyes:

cmon lotto!

19. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

maybe i am not a total loner though b/c i wont go out to eat by myself, go to a bar by myself, go to the movies by myself, I even dont like drinking by myself............so :shurg shoulders:

20. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I eat lunch by myself but I always read the local newspapers at lunch.

And I have to go to a couple baseball games a year by myself because it's the only time I get to watch the whole thing closely.

21. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

depends on the mood. Either way I like being in the comfort of my own home.

22. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Unfortunately, I fall into this category too. I work the same amount of hours as a lawyer but make a 1/3 of the money. What a joke.

I'd say I'm impartial. I like balance while in school, loner time and time with the guys. Now that I'm forced to work all the damn time, I prefer to be alone on the weekend and just relax. Gotta get er back to neutral before starting it all over again the next day/week.

23. BDawg35

BDawg35 Walk On

There are times - lots of times - when I "vont to be alone" and other people ignore the hell out of me.

Other times, it's cool to be around others.

Depends on the circumstance or which of my various moods I'm in.

24. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I guess I'd have to say Im more of a loner.

I work at an elementary school, and my 5hour shift there is incredibly draining. Being surrounded by hundreds of children/parents/co-workers all day is plenty for me. When I get off i want to pop on the xbox, or watch some TV/movies with the girlfriend. "meh" is my usual response to the question "What do you want to do tonight?".

i like to go out every now and then, but Im more of a people-watcher than a people-talker haha. My girl and I are that couple sitting in the corner laughing their asses off at the backstories/commentary they make up for/about people. Oh, and I go out more with my father/sister/brother than I do with my friends. But we're Italian... family is #1 to us. :)

merih, what you said about a team struck me. I feel like a team is its own entity. like a family. there are cliques and friendships within a team, but I dont feel like you have to be especially social to be part of a team. Some of the best players on various teams I have been a part of were the quiet guys. The guys who just put their head down and did the work. but I obsess over team dynamics... I want to be a HS football/basketball/soccer coach though so i think about what kind of team i want to run all the time.
    I guess Ill really find out about team dynamics soon enough though. I graduate in less than 2 years if I bust my ass!

edit: coach thing isnt set in stone though. Sometimes I feel like my calling is to work with people that have mental/emotional issues.

25. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

You are getting good practice in Coast 2 Coast.