Any rule additions?

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by HotRod, Jun 30, 2009.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Any rule additions?

Hey guys, I put up a sticky wih the dynasty description and rules, basically a template that all tradition leagues will be following.

Tradition III Description and Rules

Is there anything that should be added? Specifically I wantedto see what you guys thought of recruiting violations. The rules are pretty easy to follow but in the case someone does not folow the rules I do think there should be a penalty such as a loss of a certain amount of recruiting time. Also since it seems that speed has been toned down a little is there a need for a speed cap for kr/pr? I'm also welcome to any other suggestions, I want us to be able to make the dynasty as good as possible together by offering plenty of feedback throughout the duration of this dynasty.

2. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I think you went a bit overboard on the speed restrictions but it will be hard to tell until we get ahold of the game.

3. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    The speed restrictions are only for position changes. Does it make sense to be able to have 92 speed DE? or a 93 speed TE? Most of the rules that I have up were made for all tradition dynasties. We can tweak rules if necessary, but the speed restrictions on position changes are def necessary.

4. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

The speed restrictions are an absolute must. Nothing is worse then a 3 star freshman recruit winning the Heisman because he is faster then everybody.

5. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Ah, just for position changes. My bad.

6. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    No worries, just wanted to make sure to clear that up. I think the rules are very reasonable and easy to follow.

7. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Are you suggesting speed restrictions based on the caliber of recruit?

8. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Don't you think we should play the game for a couple of weeks to see if we do need to have speed restrictions? What about playing in the POV mode? In the demo I have played a lot of offense this way and as a WR it seems pretty easy to make plays.

9. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    You will have to play the game anyway to get a decent set of sliders, so all that can be adjusted during that period.

10. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    This is true.

11. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

I like it. I do agree on the punishment/loss of recruiting time though, I like there being accountability. I already know I'll be tougher on myself than the rules in recruiting anyways, I like to make myself earn the recruits, even though that means arse whoopin's at the hands of you all for quite a while lol.

12. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

I agree we need to play the game before we make any changes. I do think that the idea of in game speed restrictions should be looked at before we start the dynasty. In last years game the best player on the field was always the fastest player which is not always the case.

13. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

Definately should have a speed rating system that mathces player calibers. Like 5 star recruits: No restrictions. 4 star: 95 speed. 3 star: 90 speed. This was done in Traditions 6 and worked very well and made the game true Sim. It also prevents what Eagles said about 3 stars winnin Rushing title and Heisman cuz he's a 98 speed.

14. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Meh, I don't really like that. Obviously 09 was unbalanced in that regard, but if the angles are retweaked as expected, it should balance itself out. In previous releases, there were 2 star 95 spd RBs who were atrocious.

15. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    We also need to see what the recruit pool is looking like because they said were going to tone down the players below 4* so maybe it won't need to be addressed by rules.

16. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

I dont think you should be able to have a guy on offense with 99 speed period. Hopefully they fixed the speed issue and we are just adding worthless posts to our total post number.

17. Jman

I dissagree if he progresses to that and doesn't come in as the flash. I do feel you don't just cheese and throw the ball up to a cat like that though.

That said, I'm not so sure that we'll have to worry about it as much this year...I really hope lol.

18. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I worry about 97+ spd receivers with the new over the shoulder grab.

19. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

I just think that to much speed can only create controversy.

20. CribbsStyle

CribbsStyle Walk On

Speed seems to be toned down this year, atleast from the few games I've played.

21. Jman

I concur. :D

22. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Offtopic, but are you the same Jman from mma.tv?

23. Jman

Nope. I actually did lurk there at one time I believe, but it was an entirely different screen-name alltogether :HoosierHoo: