Anybody interested in more regular clubs?

Discussion in 'TFCL - Tradition Futbol Clubs League' started by BlyGilmore, Oct 13, 2011.

1. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

First I love the Wednesday night club nights. this isn't to compete with that.

but i'd like to see more regular club nights and try to get a group of folks together who are interested in really competing and trying to get a good, high ranking club off the ground.

if you're interested hit me up here or via PM and i'll be in touch.

2. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

sent you message

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

anyone on now?

4. BlyGilmore

I'm around tonight if anybody wants to try and get some games in.

5. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Look at Knight.. Just a club machine. :)

I'm usually more available on weekends. I know that's not the case for everyone but I can usually get on and club it up for much longer on those day's. Not a huge NFL guy so sunday afternoon's are usually very good for me. BlyGilmore

6. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

Same here. I usually get up to watch a few soccer matches early in the morning, take a nap and get back on later so I'd be available on Sundays.

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    We are talking about playing on FC Tradition more often, right? Because that needs to happen.

8. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

i know i'm not...

firstly i want to stay with one club...i want to see my pro grow..and track his stats playing for a single club

the problem with FC Tradition is that on Wednesdays when everyone shows up myself and other undesirables are always sent away to form a temporary club, thus losing any stats i might have built up with FC Tradition...i like seeing games played, goals and assists, etc

then....because there aren't enough managers in FC Tradition all the sent away players can't get back into the club to play on thursday... friday... saturday... etc

which really doesn't matter anyway because we will just get the boot the following wednesday and lose anything we have built, wins/loses, goals, assists, etc

Mania has everyone as manager and guys can stay, or come and go if they want... so they can play FC Tradition on wed and with Mania whenever if they don't mind losing stats... with a bunch of managers it's likely there will always be one online to add players when needed so we can play clubs anytime , not just when the FC Tradition leaders are on

9. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    That's exactly what we want to see too. We are still trying to get organized.

We can name managers. No one stepped up.

We talked about getting a permanent second club. The only problem is that we don't know who is going to stick around for the long term. If we split everything now, what's to say that the guys on one squad stop showing up, resulting in 10 v 3 most nights or worse - guys having to transfer back and forth anyways.

WTF is Mania?

10. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

THIS... didn't you just drop out of the TFL after ONE game? Why would anyone think you might be considered legitimate leadership for a second official club?

11. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

i understand...i made a bad decision...asking to leave the league

RynoAid

12. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I'm all for finding something that will work for everyone. I'm pretty much open for whatever everyone thinks is the best way to go about it.

13. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

It wasnt just that it was a bad decision, it didn't make any sense. You have played friendlies for weeks knowing the rules we would be using. You saw how much effort we put into making this a fun league and you lose ONE game and quit for a ridiculous reason and then want to run clubs your way?!?!

I'm sorry but as far as I am concerned you aren't the type of guy we like seeing around the site.

We have excellent leadership for clubs in place and the decisions that are made are for betterment of the group and website as a whole.

14. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

i can see how someone who doesn't know me at all might feel that way

15. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

Despite Pig's rash and unsportsmanlike decision to quit the league, he's correct on a lot of points concerning clubs.

There are people, like myself, who make an honest effort to get on every Wed. to play clubs. Personally, I don't like being kicked off the team every time we need to split, only to find all the "undesirables" on one team. This has been going at least as long as I've been playing clubs with you guys and still continues.

At some point, to continue to grow you guys are going to have to open the "circle of trust" that exists around here.

16. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Are you freaking serious? The clubs are split draft style. How could you possibly even infer that we have a such a thing. "Undesirables"? That's bullshit, dude. I know that you typically end up on the second club. That's by chance. You always go pretty high in the draft when you are online during the draft.

I'm hearing complaints and I'm not hearing solutions. I've been putting a lot of thought into trying to figure out a good way to do this. Haven't come up with anything that makes complete sense. Plus, the thought that some of these guys won't be playing clubs with us after a month or two is uneasy.

If we have to, we can make a list of the guys who played the majority of the year last year and split those guys up. Then have a second draft pool for the newcomers that both (or all three) clubs can pick from. New members that sign up will be placed in a pool and drafted from during club nights (this means that they may bounce around). New member's can be drafted for permanent rosters spots after they complete a certain number of matches or stay for a pre-determined tenure (or both).

17. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

I have no issue being captain of a second club... im pretty friggin undesireable... ask the wife.

We will need a couple guys who can be on more than myself though to handle transfers and stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  18. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

I apologize for the accusation. From my point of view, it seemed that the same guys stayed while newer guys were always transferred. Consider it retracted.

Also, don't get me wrong, I don't have a huge problem with switching between squads, but its just a bit disheartening to see your player's stats get reset all the time. I like the idea of having of a third team for newbies. Also we need to max out managers on permanent squads based on reliability and accessibility. I think that will go a long way to opening up options to play at various times throughout the week.

I guess each team should maintain a less active player who is a manager to maintain the teams' existence as well.

19. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

elprez98

Let me clear one thing up, you were one of, if not my first picks in the draft Wednesday.

Drifterbub

As it has turned out, i will not be playing any soccer (real life) on Wednesdays so i will be more than happy to permanently stick around Tradition Black. I can maintain the roster and do whatever needs to be done.

20. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

Thanks for the clarification. Also, feel free to add me as a manager for Tradition Black. Lets just make the two teams and work out the kinks as we go along.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I agree.

RynoAid - Let me PM you an idea I just had on this.

22. BlyGilmore

Honestly I don't see why a bunch of guys aren't given that power, if not the whole roster. What damage can they really do? Seems things are held too close to the vest and it hurts our ability to play.

Case in point, last night there were five to eight of us sitting in an xbox live chat for a good hour just waiting for somebody who could accept transfers. Sorry ... not acceptable. I want to be able to jump in and just play.

personally i'm looking for a more competitive experience. Wednesday nights are fun and IMO shouldn't be touched, but the other nights of the week I'm looking for a team that'll compete and try to get a good ranking in the ladders.

IMO we have the talent but we're just pissing it away right now due to lack of organization and our current squads being hamstrung by a lack of invite powers.

So that means the following:

1 - An elite club that is made up of our best players and most competitive players who want to play a number of nights a week. This team needs to make sure it always has at least one person in it to keep it alive - so its ranking doesn't get reset. Call it Tradition United.

2 - Then two "fool around" clubs beneath it. Tradition FC and Tradition Black. These are the ones we bounce on and off of, use for Wednesday night fuck around games, split into squad for, have friendlies, etc.

now if this can happen then cool. if not then i have a number of guys who are interested in basically the above and we can just go do our own thing on non-Wednesday nights.

23. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

last year we had several captains and i don't have any issue with adding a few more to the mix. Drifter and I are talking about who, what, when etc.. give us a day or two.

24. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I don't understand why people are saying we won't do this? I'm not trying to restrict this thing or play anything close to the vest. Honestly, I don't care about making everyone managers. If that is the solution then that is what we will do. With that being said, there needs to be some rules. Before we go off and start adding our buddies or losing 12 games in a row with two people online. So let's come up with something together that makes sense.

Your proposal does not eliminate the "bouncing" issue where guys are losing stats, etc. Which it appears that most people care about.

Did anyone read my proposal above? 0 responses.

25. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

1 response and i agreed with your proposal.