anyone else disappointed?

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by scarface, Aug 11, 2010.

1. scarface

scarface Walk On

anyone else disappointed?

I feel like I bought Madden 10 with better graphics.
    This new madden feels like last years with only minor tweaks that I dont see myself using much, like gameplay I wont use it because I feel the need to control every aspect of my game, I dont like not know EXACTLY what play is coming next.

Online franchise is not improved.
    the new audible system seems to not work well when playing guys who dont let you set up the D, I can move my fingers fast but this way takes long to do multiple auds on D.

I like the improved graphics.

3v3 its a gimmick some will use it then say pfft and go back to single player.

over all its a decent game just feels more than previous ryears like I have been there done that.

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    That's why I have no plan on even renting it.

3. babydemon90

babydemon90 Walk On

isn't that a good thing? you shouldn't be able to hot route 8 players before the snap

do wish theyd have improved online franchise though

4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

it's everything that they said it was going to be this year. I heard next year's game was suppose to have the big online franchise make-over...

regardless, i bought it still so i could play with the new rookies and offline franchise, plus graphics are better. Only $60

5. scarface

scarface Walk On

Im talking about moving the DB's up or back and/or moving the LB's in or out... NOT OT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF A.I.... just to counter what ya see on the field, so no not a good thing.

6. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

I agree. I mainly bought it due to knowing that I would become intrigued with the NFL later in the Fall. I think NCAA is a better game.

7. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I played my friends copy quite a bit and playing an actual game was far from enjoyable for me. I really liked the 3 v 3 option though, tons of fun to strategize on the run with a couple buddies. It's probably not enough for me to pick it up though.

8. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

I thought the demo was absolutely terrible. I couldn't even get through 1 game.

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

i love the 2v2 and 3v3's.. played it all day with my buddy

10. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

From what i heard there were never any real plans of making this years game that much better than last years. They planned on taking extra time to rewrite the script for Madden and make next years game completely new and revamped

11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

This game IS better than 2010's version... people are just expecting too much. They already stated their intentions and their plan for 2012's version. This is not directed to anyone but I hate when people say NCAA is the better game (and I like NCAA more). Madden will probably only look slightly different next year than this year but with an upgraded online feature, then everyone will say Madden is great but I wish we could have 3D grass. If you have played this year's Madden, their players react way better than NCAA's from a graphical point of view. But yet since NCAA's game is waaaayyy better than year's past their getting all the accolades.

Just my 2cents... I like this year's game, I don't mind any of the changes. Already have the strategy pad down:)

12. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Heres the deal, the NCAA team delivered in 09 and 11. 10 They sort of fell short for me but largely they delivered. Online Dynasty they got right on the first attempt. Dynasty wire still seems buggy to me BUT gameplay is really balanced this year I feel.

Madden on the other hand is like a giant hype machine. They sell their product well but they never truly deliver. I'd be willing to bet that despite them saying "Online/Offline franchise and Superstar mode are due for complete rewrites," they will fail at truly finishing those pieces of the game. Instead they will add some other new bells and whistles no one cares about (i.e. vision cone, strategy pad, gameflow, awful extra point show) on and on it goes. People continue to expect too much from the Madden team.

I like the game this year, its not what I wanted but it is still a good game. I'm done expecting them to really step up and hit a home run though.

13. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I just don't get it. Why the bitching? This game is fun to play when you are in a community like this. When you play a sim ball game against other guys who challenge you game in and game out what does it matter if its no different from last year. Yes I get the Online Dynasty problems but as long as you throw in the new rookies and I have a place like this so I don't have to play against the cheezers of the world I am all good. We are talking about EA here why is everybody surprised?

14. BDawg35

BDawg35 Walk On

I went more than a year sans PS3, so didn't get last year's version of Madden. I heard it was a pretty solid game. So, if EA didn't screw around with Madden 2010 too much, that might be a good thing.

Haven't purchased Madden 2011 yet, but will when I know I'll have the time to play around under the hood.

15. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Heres the deal from a madden freak who has to buy it every year:

Yes we got robbed, no excuse for NO franchise or online franchise update, that is CRAP

But gameplay wise... It is ALOT better. The running game is much better, no more stupid pile ups that then get broken through like the incredible hulk. The game is much smoother, graphics are better, better animations. The best thing ever is.....

NO MORE CHAIN GANG ANIMATION

WOOO HOOOOO

That alone is worth 60 bucks after playing Madden 10.

3 vs 3 is awesome as well but they need to get this in franchise mode then I would really be excited. Overall I will have fun in my offliner and playing Co-op with my friend (we run a cupcake team to glory). I hope to have some fun in the online league as well as I feel the gameplay is much better.

Really dissapointing on some fronts but atleast the gameplay is not as crappy as last year. Another positive... the cpu is WAY better on All Madden this year

16. scarface

scarface Walk On

no one is bitching some are just stating it feels the same as before.

That being said this s the 2nd time I bought a console version since 2008, last year being the first. I was a PC Madden player due to the in depth online franchise EA SPORTS gave us back in 2001 then they took it away and yet we found a new wayof doing things.
    So when I see this unfinished product they gave us for another year it irks me a little bit due to the fact I know what we had 9 years ago and yet they claim its not used.

I didnt say the game was not fun to play or was crap I said it feels like I now will have played the same game for two years.

and this isnt the first time the gave consoles the same game with new features since next gen.

17. Hova

Madden pry has better animations and looks prettier but NCAA is still a better game overall. NCAA is dominating the sports scene. This is the only game that you can play every single day all year long and not get sick of it.

18. Hova

NCAA will reign king forever until another sports game gets online franchise that is just like NCAA's. No matter how good the gameplay is nothing will trump a fully functional online dynasty that you can document and play with over the whole entire YEAR.

This coming from a person like me though who enjoys a sim community and representing real football and coaching a team through the years. The mass public could care less about that and just wants a game that they can play each other or cheese online for months. This is why we have all the emphasis on presentation, If a game looks pretty the average gamer will say "This game is awesome!! now lets go cheese it up in the lobby!"

19. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I played one game yesterday and I felt like the changes they made were just change for the sake of change. Were the pre-snap adjustments in '10 broken? Is the strategy pad better? I don't think so. I certainly don't like the new kicking controls.

The graphics seem better and I agree with Hova, getting rid of the chain gang is worth the $60 alone.

20. Keller

Couldn't agree more.

21. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

haven't bought it. likely won't. just don't need two football games and NCAA seems to be just as good, if not better with the online dynasty.

btw the whole 3v3 thing doesn't sound that impressive to those of us who played FIFA last year. they're hyping it as this impressive ground breaking jump when other games have offered the same concept but much deeper.

Call me when there's Madden online clubs for 3v3, and 3v3 is 5v5 or better.

22. Keller

You don't need 5 on 5 in madden though... people would be playing oline, lol.

23. BlyGilmore

I'm not a doctor, but i think you could do up to 6v6 without having folks play the o-line. :thumbsup:

24. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I think 3 on 3 is more than good. Don't have to worry about 6 different guys out there doing their own thing. Sometimes a certain simplicity in things makes them more enjoyable.
    Plus it's beat the hell out of FIFA team play for me since we dont have to deal with six 7'0" tall speed demons crashing the box all at the same time. Plus most people on this sight actually know football strategy where as in FIFA we were just winging it most nights and it showed.

25. BlyGilmore

that's just because we're all football games and at best most of us are new to soccer :thumbsup:

from a feature point of view i think the FIFA feature was a lot deeper.