Anyone Ever Have This Issue?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by OnIowa, Oct 27, 2010.

1. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Hey guys, so I offered a 4* recruit a scholarship last week and he gave me an instant commit, however after we advanced to week 3 I noticed that it says I never offered him a scholarship and have no hard commits. Never had this happen before, has anyone else?

2. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I've never had THIS particular thing happen, but I have had some similar funky things happen during recruiting. What'd you do after he accepted? Did you make sure it was uploaded to the server?

3. TD351

TD351 Walk On

I have not seen that one- did it happen on the PS3? or on your PC using the online dynasty website?

4. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Happened on the PS3, offered him the scholarship, got the +5000 and it said he was a hard commit. Went through the rest of my recruiting process, returned to the dynasty, so everything should have updated with the server. Looking at the rest of my recruits, it looks possible that none of my recruiting from last week went through, but i could be wrong

5. TD351

TD351 Walk On

That is why I never recruit on the console...kidding...Just paraphrasing what I often hear about the OD Website- I guess recruiting is not totally stable on either interface.

6. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Iowa, let us know what happens. I hope you can get him to commit for a second time!

7. bdub

bdub Walk On

The key to recruiting on the PC is making sure that you only click each button once and let it finish the request even if it takes a little while. If you click it twice it will error out kick you out and you will lose the time.

8. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

I never recruit on the pc, always on the console. Offered him a scholarship again but no instant commit, but I'm still #1 on his list of schools

9. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I guess the only thing we could do is to back off on the user competition. If you got the kid, and the CPU goofed something up, then I would be OK with backing off the kid if I were competing with you. I think that would be fair. Can't save you the time, sorry to say, but we can get out of your way.

Best I can think of at the moment, but I'm still running a pretty high fever.

10. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

im not worried about getting the recruit, he is fair game for everyone. i think that i am really the only user-team in contention to get this guy, so you guys can feel free to waste your time on him ;) the point of this thread was more to see if this had happened to anyone/if anyone knew how to avoid it from happening again. it wasn't meant as a plea to get people to back away

11. Goose

Goose Walk On

I had the same thing happen to me, except I didn't have an instant commit last week. I just checked my recruiting page on-line and it looks like the game didn't acknowledge any of my recruiting last week. I had alot of guys set up to come in week 5 and none of them are scheduled and I've dropped from 1 to 2 or 3 on almost every recruit. This sucks ass.

12. Goose

Goose Walk On

I also recruited on the console last week.

13. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

This is good for the nitts

14. Goose

Goose Walk On

I had guys that I was up 60,40, and 80 on that I scored 476,437, and 402 on last week that I'm now down to 3,2,and 3 on their lists.

15. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Im assuming the same thing happened to me, I didn't move up on any guys and moved down on some

16. Goose

Goose Walk On

nah, you're not on the top of any of my recruits, unless you're talking Iowa recruits.

17. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

yea he's at the top on some of mine :-/ haha

18. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Iowa... I tried to avoid OSU prospects this year...just not worth wasting my time trying to compete with you on some of them.

19. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I have 19 seniors and 24 total scholarships to give out so I am looking for easy recruits and trying to not waste time on "big names". I have a ton of skill players who are sophomores and juniors so this year is a foundation year.

20. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I'm guessing that stud QB we are both going after is one of them. I noticed you dropped from 1st to 3rd on his list though it was damn Michigan that overtook the 1st place spot and not me. Stupid Michigan going for a 100% pocket passing QB.

21. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I hate how the computer doesn't recruit to its system.

22. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

This guy has a rocket of an arm with A THP and B+ THA but his SPD is D-, AGI D+, ACC D, CAR D-. He isn't going to run the Michigan offense that well at all.

23. Goose

Goose Walk On

Yep I scored 476 on him last week and fell to 3rd. There's no way you guys outgained me to get up on me.

24. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Well I hope they recruit him, sign him and play him. Because my team will eat him up at Michigan, while you or someone else gets him he will likely be beast.

25. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Atleast you are loaded at QB. I looked at your roster and you have 5 QBs that are 80+ OVR I think ;) I, on the other hand, will only have 1 72 OVR QB on the roster after this season. If I lost 476 points on him I'd be crying right now. Anyway, even with that lost time we still look to be about dead even. Should be a good fight. Is VA a pipeline state for you?